Finally getting some answers

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
RainebowGirl

Re: Finally getting some answers

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

Snbshocker711 wrote:
been_too_long wrote:Sincerely hope your suspicion is right and find some relief! Anyone here that can return to a "normal" life is a feather in all our caps.

It is refreshing to see someone admit it might not been the SSRI for a change. Have said it many times and flamed for saying it... not every case here is PSSD (too soon to write yours off either way.) Life sucks and coincidences happen.
Thanks man. All signs are leading to this. I’m just waiting for the authorization to get an MRI to confirm a diagnosis. I truly don’t believe the SSRI directly resulted in this but I do believe (but don’t know for sure) that it was a secondary factor in all of this a catalyst in a way. I’ll never know for sure what suddenly caused these issues but I have an explanation for my issues and I’m taking the proper steps to fix this.
I'm so glad you found out what was going on and are working on correcting it!

You're wise to say that people should check all their avenues. I don't think it's bad to admit that you didn't check all your bases before you assumed or jumped to conclusions about your condition. That's one of the reasons it took me 4 years to find out about this forum, because I spent much of that time getting tests done, losing weight, building a healthy weight lifting regimen, going to therapy to work on my mental health, etc. A lot of us are probably also depressed/anxious, so this is a situation we have to tackle from multiple angles.

I hope you can work with your chiropractor to remedy these issues! My mother has scoliosis, so I know that condition is hell to deal with.
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen:
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I don't think it's fair to discredit a case based on what helps a person get better.

PSSD just means: Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction. it doesn't specify at all how it occurs.

It seems highly likely that the SSRI was at least partially involved in this development of sexual dysfunction just based on the overlap, and i think that a lot of people here would see some improvements if they treated physical problems and not just neurological ones.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Snbshocker711

Unread post by Snbshocker711 »

Ghost wrote:I don't think it's fair to discredit a case based on what helps a person get better.

PSSD just means: Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction. it doesn't specify at all how it occurs.

It seems highly likely that the SSRI was at least partially involved in this development of sexual dysfunction just based on the overlap, and i think that a lot of people here would see some improvements if they treated physical problems and not just neurological ones.
I do agree. Again I can’t say for sure if the meds was the full cause but with the timing, I think it contributed to what ultimately happened. Now only time will tell if I actually do eventually recover and fix this over time. I definitely will report back and keep people updated on this. I’m hoping that it all resolves itself. I’m also not saying that I don’t think this condition doesn’t exist. I wouldn’t be posting here if I thought that but I personally don’t think I’m personally suffering from a direct result of the medication even if the medication did play a part in causing my issue. In other words, I think my brain is ok