Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Trial Log - [29M, Venlafaxine+Clomipramine, PSSD for ~7-8 months]

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Trial Log - [29M, Venlafaxine+Clomipramine, PSSD for ~7-8 months]

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote:Bit surprized to see benefits from cypro so fast, most here absolutely hated the side-effects. (Although i have no experience with it myself).
Really curious to see what this means in a week from now, or off meds. Thanks for the updates so-far!
The side effects are minimal because I dose it at bedtime, so I'm sleeping during most of it. What remains of the drug in my system during day is counteracted by dopaminergics and cholinergics.

The benefits I see regarding emotions are mild, but they are getting more pronounced the 2nd day, making me believe that this is not merely a "window" of relief, but in fact a slow reversal of blunted affect.
pssd'd wrote:Hey mesolimbo, you don't notice any dulling effect from the NAC? I definitely felt that when I tried it, perhaps its your low dose or the total combination.
There's significant dulling from the NAC, but I also dose it at bed time. 600 mg is tolerable and its dulling effect is over as I wake up the following day.

The dulling effect is due to EAAT1 activation (glutamate transporter), so there's less glutamate. This is partly how it's neuroprotective, but less glutamate = dullness.

I'm going to need it in order to upregulate tyrosine hydroxylase and restore NMDA function as well as for neuroprotection, so there's no escape taking it. (unless I gain access to other agents with similar function in the future).
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
pssd'd

Re: Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Trial Log - [29M, Venlafaxine+Clomipramine, PSSD for ~7-8 months]

Unread post by pssd'd »

Hey Meso,

That makes sense how you only take the NAC at night. I wasn't able to tolerate the dulling taking it during the day!

Anyway, I did some searching on what you wrote about NAC and NMDA receptor function. You're taking allot of compounds right now, but if you ever plateau it might be interesting to try the combination of NAC and Sarcosine mentioned earlier by you and others. What I read about them being synergistic for improving NMDA especially for negative symptoms of schizophrenia - some which are very similar to anhedonia pssd sufferers can have - is very interesting.

edit: Didn't catch that you posted about sarcosine already - as well add takingant - for some reason, my bad!
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Cypro is making me incredibly groggy. It's a potent antihistamine with a Ki (nM) value of 0.06, so it's no wonder I'm feeling this way.

It's hard to gauge any improvement when feeling this groggy. I'm currently debating whether to continue taking it or not.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Mesolimbo wrote:Cypro is making me incredibly groggy. It's a potent antihistamine with a Ki (nM) value of 0.06, so it's no wonder I'm feeling this way.

It's hard to gauge any improvement when feeling this groggy. I'm currently debating whether to continue taking it or not.
Yeah this is consistent what others have reported on cypro as well. Increasing serotonin seems to makes things worse but reducing it seems difficult and far from a cure so-far
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

Sorry if I get a little suspicious but where did you get all this prescription? Are you under medical supervision?
To pathei mathos
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Dryed wrote:Sorry if I get a little suspicious but where did you get all this prescription? Are you under medical supervision?
i understand your skeptisism. mesolimbo and myself had a private conversation about his background. He has a medical background and has even supplied me proof of it (which is more than we can ask for). we can never be 100% sure, but i am comfortable enough to say this is not a fake post but a valuable contribution in understanding pssd.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Jaxx wrote:
Mesolimbo wrote:Cypro is making me incredibly groggy. It's a potent antihistamine with a Ki (nM) value of 0.06, so it's no wonder I'm feeling this way.

Yeah this is consistent what others have reported on cypro as well. Increasing serotonin seems to makes things worse but reducing it seems difficult and far from a cure so-far
Flibanserin is very interesting, here are the pharmacodynamics:
- 5HT1A full agonist with regional selectivity to prefrontal cortex and raphe dorsalis. Partial agonist at the hippocampus.
- 5HT2A and 2C antagonist.
- D4 weak partial agonist (nearly an antagonist).

It doesn't have the bad side effects of Cyproheptadine, but it's extremely expensive currently. I can't afford it unless generics come out. What do you think about it, either way?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Surprisingly i has been tried by people, with limited effects if i recall correctly. Not sure if they tried it long enough however. Also in the pfs community no effects reported.
logicalscout

Unread post by logicalscout »

I know Goldstein uses it with some success apparently, I've seen some posts on reddit with these individuals saying that got it prescribed by Goldstein and it has helped them. But as Jaxx said, has also been tried here without effect for some. I tried to get it prescribed here in Australia but it's not available here (Neither is buspar)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I have decided to solider on and give Cypro a fair trial. I want to take it for at least 4 weeks.

The grogginess is not fun, but I see some benefits when it comes to blunted affect, which is the most stubborn symptom for me. The grogginess should get easier to handle when I become more tolerant to its anti-histamine effects.

I won't give updates due to Cypro's side effects interference with my overall well-being, but I gotta bite the bullet and give it a fair chance.