Research Research Research

Topics related to activism.
lw77

Research Research Research

Unread post by lw77 »

Goodmorning everyone. This morning I was taking a look at the Propeciahelp forum and I noticed that another study on PFS was funded at Melcangi (it will study the connections between finasteride and alterations of the intestinal microbiota). They have also started raising funds to carry out another study that will study neurotransmitter signaling, neuroactive steroid levels and epigenetic changes in 5alpha-reductase in PFS patients.
I believe that we should take a cue from these initiatives and inform us if we can have a study done for us, focused on our problem. I believe that exploiting the studies done by others on a similar pathology may be fine, but up to a certain point, because the similarities between the two conditions could end, and then we will need specific studies on our condition. On this forum we are very many people and I think we should start a fundraising to finance our study. It's about trying to do something for the biggest problem of our life, and we'll have to try to contribute somehow: maybe doing extra work, asking for money from a relative, using Christmas gift money, there are a thousand ways to do something if you want to do it. We are many, we try to do something.
What could be more important at this moment?
Greetings to all
lw77

Re: Research Research Research

Unread post by lw77 »

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/phase- ... iser/32986

Still 0 coments, it is a shame, look at those guys from PFS. It is sad to say, that if they find a cure for thei problems and solve it, and if it works only for them we deserve not to be cured. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
We are here just waiting for Others to do de job for us…
Guys wake up! We don't have forever
chemistry

Re: Research Research Research

Unread post by chemistry »

Yeah I agree with what you are saying. Research takes a lot of resources and funding, if everyone on this forum and elsewhere worked together I think it could happen but it is a big project. I agree we can't just sit around and wait maybe its the anhedonia or whatever but we can't keep living like this guys we need to organize and be more proactive.
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more