Unexpected benifit of PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Timm Thaler

Re: Unexpected benifit of PSSD

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

No, not at all. I just believe that the emotional problem is the real problem and the sexual problem comes on top of it.
zakalwe

Unread post by zakalwe »

How long have you guys not felt the effect of alcohol? It's been 3.5 months for me.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

zakalwe wrote:How long have you guys not felt the effect of alcohol? It's been 3.5 months for me.
4 Years.
Sadness

Unread post by Sadness »

The same for me extreme emotional blunting,cognitive, imagination, brain fog......no effect on cigarettes, alcohol or mariuhana....wthout emotion no sexual effect.....
zakalwe

Unread post by zakalwe »

How long Sadness?
Vox

Unread post by Vox »

zadig777 wrote:where is the benefit here lol..
My thoughts exactly
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I tought from the beginning that people get different range of symptoms because of the region where receptors/androgens/3aHSD/5AR/neurotransmitters (or something fucking else). If it's locally in the skin, you can get numbness, in a region of the brain - sexual dysfunction , another region - emotional ahedonia, another region - cognitive issues and so on. We know that near all neurosteroids and all neurotransmitters and receptors are available trough all the body, from the brain to your skin under the nail. In a study on PFS suffers, they found overexpressed AR in the scalp skin of patients, this proves androgenic implication. If it would be possible to test on PSSD people, it would be amazing. It's all about region of fucked up homeostasis.
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Timm Thaler wrote:No, not at all. I just believe that the emotional problem is the real problem and the sexual problem comes on top of it.

I agree with this. Not blaming one or the other but personally think my cognitive issues will alleviate with the sexual sides and vice versa.

What's interesting is a day after drinking. My sexual functioning will be ~80% and usually coincides with a dramatic widening of emotional range.
Sadness

Unread post by Sadness »

zakalwe wrote:How long Sadness?
Seven month now
mjj123

Unread post by mjj123 »

If this is true "PSSD" appears to be a misnomer. It would be permanent anhedonia