Unexpected benifit of PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
been_too_long

Unexpected benifit of PSSD

Unread post by been_too_long »

Few days ago I decided to quit smoking and noticed something. This is not first time I quit (yeah was stupid that went back to smoking years ago;) but this time was different. Don't get me wrong, the withdraws still suck, but it wasn't as bad as before. That got me questioning so I tried an experience. After 3 days (so the nicotine was washed out the body) I lite one up. I did not get the normal euphoria you get from a smoke.

Im guessing this has to do with the pleasure center in the brain being "deadened." If so that points away from some the theories that's been tossed around.
Janie

Re: Unexpected benifit of PSSD

Unread post by Janie »

I don't experience this as a "benefit" but yes, it made me dead inside too. I can't experience any normal feelings from coffee, alcohol either. No euphoria, no normal "good" feeling from ANYTHING. It is 100% connected to not have any sexual feelings or positive emotions, lust, motivation either. SSRIs are a scam.
Charlie-80

Unread post by Charlie-80 »

Last edited by Charlie-80 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie-80

Unread post by Charlie-80 »

Last edited by Charlie-80 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

You are realising it now? I realized it along time ago and have been saying it. Drugs don't have the same effect on me anymore. Be it caffeine, nicotine, marijuana, alchohol etc.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Just the effect of general emotional blunting, no dopaminergic (direct or indirect ) will fix or either work well with it. No matter how potent they were previously.

This is how to distinguish it from Anhedonia induced by depression

You can feel normally any other emotion beside pleasure ones, the negatives like sadness are normal or exaggerated, the drugs are able to temporarily fix the problem - it's Anhedonia, depression symptom

You are completely unable to feel or all the spectrum of emotions are persistently less deep / engaging. So is every action which depends on limbic system - social interaction, passions even listing to music or movies, , the drugs effects, - are all permanently shallower. Then it is the emotional blunting, thing normally seen in Frontal Lobe Syndrome, Negative symptoms of Schizophrenia.... and obviously Post SSRI syndrome, in different levels across individuals, ranging from light to severe.

Sad it doesn't get the same attention as sexual dysfunction. Even the supporters of PSSD, like Healy, completely ignore persistent emotional sides. Everyone just blatantly explaining them as coming from depression, hardly any doctor believes or ever listen to details.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

sylv wrote: Sad it doesn't get the same attention as sexual dysfunction. Even the supporters of PSSD, like Healy, completely ignore persistent emotional sides. Everyone just blatantly explaining them as coming from depression, hardly any doctor believes or ever listen to details.
I feel the same, even on Ghost's site, there is nothing about emotional blunting. I feel that i will give up on sexual sides if i would get back my emotions.
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

iull1k wrote:
sylv wrote: Sad it doesn't get the same attention as sexual dysfunction. Even the supporters of PSSD, like Healy, completely ignore persistent emotional sides. Everyone just blatantly explaining them as coming from depression, hardly any doctor believes or ever listen to details.
I feel the same, even on Ghost's site, there is nothing about emotional blunting. I feel that i will give up on sexual sides if i would get back my emotions.
Same. My sexual symptoms are a drop in the bucket compared to the brain fog and complete loss of satisfaction/motivation in life. Lost imagination too. Really surprised this is disregarded.

I really think there is plenty of PSSD people without cognitive issues and just sexual. Perhaps we are the few among the few?
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Juvo wrote: Perhaps we are the few among the few?
me, too. Though I think that if the emotional side was solved,the sexual side would be solved , too
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Timm Thaler wrote:
Juvo wrote: Perhaps we are the few among the few?
me, too. Though I think that if the emotional side was solved,the sexual side would be solved , too
Do you mean that you solved your emotional blunting? Thank you.