Abilify induced sexual dysfunction CURED

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
zensan

Re: Abilify induced sexual dysfunction CURED

Unread post by zensan »

How are you shinrinyoku?
mxh

Unread post by mxh »

I have Abilify-induced PSSD, however I got Risperidone first, from which I got it first. I had both taken for some weeks, and there was no change between the symptoms of either of them.

I actually have an Akathisia from it aside from a PSSD. I don't see what use this thread is as the cure seems purely accidental, possibly imaginary. In any case, there is nothing to do with it. Clearly, Tryptophan nd Niacin, as the only things mentioned, have nothing to do with it, as they were in fact meant as supplements for Abilify (don't care, I also got off of it slowly enough, and I never should have gotten it).

(Edit: Had to remove some nonsensical quote which was in my cache and somehow made it in here.)
zensan

Unread post by zensan »

@mxh How long have you had PSSD? What are your symptoms? Did they start while on medicine or after that? What have you tried?
shinrinyoku

Unread post by shinrinyoku »

zensan wrote:How are you shinrinyoku?
Hey, zensan.

Well, my optimism was really premature. T_T
Great thing is I didn't get psychotic!
Then, genital sensitivity comes and goes in waves. So does waking up fresh and before alarm clock. And huge doses of motivation. For me it almost seems like my brain is readjusting itself and dopamine is once heightened in pleasure area, the other times in pineal gland (where it suppresses melatonin in the morning) and other times in circuits associated with motivation. Who knows? I will give it more time and if I don't see positive change in couple of months, I will try some dopaminergic supplements. I can orgasm, but it is nowhere near as earth shattering as before and arousal is not spontaneous. I had always been hypersexual before. But better than nothing.
zensan

Unread post by zensan »

Good that you didn´t got psychotic or had any withdrawal symptoms. And it sounds you are healing! :) I´m still in the same situation... Everything else is normal but just no erections... it´s really weird and frightening...
shinrinyoku

Unread post by shinrinyoku »

I think that for a guy, the erections shouldn't be as big of an issue as insensivity. But I am sure it must be traumatizing and uncomfortable. Anything changed?

I should add I have never been psychotic prior to my antipsychotics treatment. I was just scared, because when my doctors made me quit adjunct risperidone 1mg cold turkey I developed kind of a thought disorder in the back of my mind, like loose associations. But I could think clearly....it was just mortifying. Then Abilify came and for two years on it I was still afraid of going psychotic...

Last week I was a bit anxious, but I did strenuous hiking and exercise is my main trigger....but I also noticed increase in sensitivity. Anxiety is gone, but sensitivity is still better. I gained 15kg on antipsychotics and I am on a weight loss regime. I have heard, that Ability can be stored in fat tissue...Does it make any sense?