Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ssinus

Re: low dose ssri

Unread post by ssinus »

2 days ago I tried a low dose of venlafaxine - tiny dose just a 1 bead from the 75 mg capsule which is approx. 0.3 mg. I took it in the evening before bed and next morning I woke up with a significant worsening of the genital anesthesia. What the hell is going on here with this damn PSSD, this tiny dose shouldnt even do something, no way it saturates receptors that much to flood the system with serotonine, it must be something else as well which causing this shit.
Now I hope it comes back at least to the baseline I had prior this mistake, which is also not a win-win situation.
Is it glutamatergic system affected by this ?? or I dont know, In the past I tried the Memantine which should improve PSSD but it did opposite, it immediately worsened the anesthesia as well, so Im thinking it can be somehow connected since Memantine doesnt have serotonergic properties other than blocking the 5HT3 which should be a good thing.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

You can easily say that glutaminergic system is affected and you will not be far from the truth since it's responsible for up to 90% of all excitatory transmission happening in your brain. It's so important neurotransmitter that even when the scientists study a cns model they ignore all the other neurotransmitters and just count gaba for inhibitory and glutamate for excitatory transsmision.
Coraggio

Unread post by Coraggio »

We are a kind of iatrogen autistic like people, and we have depleted both serotonin and gaba neurotransmission.
ssinus

Unread post by ssinus »

2bb52174afccc.png
Im in a 5th day since I took tiny 0.3 mg dose (1 bead) and things are just getting worse - mainly with genital numbness - this is crazy.
How the f..k is this possible with just a tiny dose, as I already mentioned it shouldn't saturated that much transporters, as you could see also from the picture for sertraline (couldnt find it for venlafaxine), I would say that it didnt hit even the 20% of them, considering the fact that sertraline has far higher affinity than venlafaxine.

Anyone who tried this low dosage treatment and had similar numbness worsening - how long did it take to you to go back to your baseline ? or did it stay permanently worsened ?
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

ssinus wrote:
2bb52174afccc.png
Im in a 5th day since I took tiny 0.3 mg dose (1 bead) and things are just getting worse - mainly with genital numbness - this is crazy.
How the f..k is this possible with just a tiny dose, as I already mentioned it shouldn't saturated that much transporters, as you could see also from the picture for sertraline (couldnt find it for venlafaxine), I would say that it didnt hit even the 20% of them, considering the fact that sertraline has far higher affinity than venlafaxine.

Anyone who tried this low dosage treatment and had similar numbness worsening - how long did it take to you to go back to your baseline ? or did it stay permanently worsened ?
You should take a look in this reddit topic
It's not all about Inhibitin reuptake of serotonin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/com ... oidogenic/

There are a theory in this orum about neurosteroids beeing messed by ssri
and I think it's the best theory
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

ssinus wrote:
2bb52174afccc.png

You should take a look in this reddit topic
It's not all about Inhibitin reuptake of serotonin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/com ... oidogenic/

There are a theory in this orum about neurosteroids beeing messed by ssri
and I think it's the best theory
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

I think the best ssri to try the 'low-dose-ssri' is fluoxetine
it has a long half life, plus it's well known to increase brain neurosteroids
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670606/
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Halan wrote:I think the best ssri to try the 'low-dose-ssri' is fluoxetine
it has a long half life, plus it's well known to increase brain neurosteroids
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670606/
Paroxetine was used because it has a short half life. You dont want to accumulate here imho
ssinus

Unread post by ssinus »

Im almost a week since mentioned dosage and erection problems still persist.
Another interesting thing is that among the PSSD I suffered with severe lower back pain for approx a year which is after this low dosage totally gone, I mean totally.
I dont think this is SERT inhibition related nor neurosteroid effect - It must be something else involved, spinal signaling is f_cked up.
We just dont know what the cause is.
geri

Unread post by geri »

I have the same feeling that it may has to do with spinal signaling for some years because i can't feel when I have to urinate...