Weird case of delayed PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Jones

Weird case of delayed PSSD

Unread post by Jones »

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/num ... lp--272568

Long story short, this guy rapidly develops sexual dysfunction similar to pssd after taking a supplement called SAM-E.

He later realises that he has also taken a single pill of lexapro two years back.

Late occurance of PSSD? Maybe he had pssd but symptoms came to surface from using SAM-E?

Imagine how many people are hit with something like that and never know previous ssri use is to blame.

I wish i could contact this guy know and see how he is doing.
PSSD after 9 days on cipralex 10mg (escitalopram), July 2013.
Had sexual sides from the first dose. Developed full pssd after i stopped.
Slowly improved to 70% of normal within 3.5 years.
"Crashed" again on April 2017.
Severe pssd again.
celexahell

Re: Weird case of delayed PSSD

Unread post by celexahell »

He is on this forum. Username is "Riley" I believe.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

I think the methyl donor in sam-e made the epegenetic changes made by lexapro that were already in his genes but not strong enough worse so that it was enough to cause pssd.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

AnhedonicApe wrote:I think the methyl donor in sam-e made the epegenetic changes made by lexapro that were already in his genes but not strong enough worse so that it was enough to cause pssd.
Lol you are taking it too far.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

nasibi wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:I think the methyl donor in sam-e made the epegenetic changes made by lexapro that were already in his genes but not strong enough worse so that it was enough to cause pssd.
Lol you are taking it too far.
Some people seems to tolerate AD well, but if they reinstate they got pssd even from just 1 pill. The brain got predisposened to pssd If you already take AD before. That was my case, I bounce back the first time I did sertraline after 4 days, the second, I didnt.
But nobody knows if the cause is epigenetic
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Also, I know the case of a guy who used benzos for 2 years, then, he taper for over a year whit no whitdrawal and keep his normal life. A year later he experienced anxiety and used benzos for a week. And PUUUUUMMM FULL BENZO WHITDRAWAL FOR YEARS. It is clear that his brain, even if he was not experiencing whitdrawal symptoms, was more predisposed to an adverse reaction due to his past benzo abuse
john099

Unread post by john099 »

I also got PSSD from taking SAm-e 1 year AFTER stopping all anti-depressants. So I believe the SSRI laid the groundwork and the Sam-e was the nail on the coffin for me.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

Same for me: two years SSRI and a numb dick after stopping, but no other symptoms. Recovered within a few weeks and had full feeling and libido back, even better before SSRI. Then tooked a half year later a few pills Trazodone and BAM, fucked. Something do the SSRI and then is even a natural Herb (5HTP, Sam-E, St. Johns) enough to get PSSD.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Yes I agree 100%. Thats why the more SSRI you switch and try different ones the probability of PSSD goes up. So strange that some guys get it from just 1 pill though. Has to do with genetics. Its strange that there arent more people with PSSD in the world because usually psychiatirsts have people switch and "try" a lot of different ssri to see which one is best. Gotta love it - they know so little about these drugs that they just want you to experiment hah