I am working on a solution in my own way

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Kk88

Re: I am working on a solution in my own way

Unread post by Kk88 »

I personally think this forum is a great and supportive place. Of course there will be a little negativity, that's the nature of the beast, but members here have offered me (and others) support when I've needed it

However you have reminded me that I struggled to join and had to attempt a number of times before I could. Are you aware of this ghost and know why that might be?
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

I also had issues signing up here. Hopefully that's fixed now..

The term PSSD has already been used in the medical literature so it's probably going to stick at this point, I agree that Post SSRI syndrome would have been a better name but I don't think that's going to put many people off considering the extensive posting about other symptoms on this forum.

Understandably many of the people who come here are pretty miserable at first, that's why they're seeking out a forum to share their experience, we have to find a balance because we don't want to turn away anyone who is in serious need of support but we also don't want the forum to become a cesspit of negativity. For the most part I think the balance has been met and especially in the past few months the forums been a very productive place. It's a bit silly to say people aren't able to seek out 'science and treatments here' as far as I'm aware this is the only place on the internet for people with PSSD to do that.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Crushed

Unread post by Crushed »

I had troubles getting signed up to the forum here as well. I guess the reason I don't post very much and lurked for a long time has to do with the nature of this problem. Years ago, after I tried zoloft I ended up with prostatitus and anhedonia and I did not know that it likely we induced by using zoloft. I could have sex for an hour, and even though the sensation was weakened for me I thought it was kinda fun. I believe that this caused irritation to my prostate and hormonal issues that gave me years of problems. Prostatitus sufferers are another community that receive little medical recognition. I remember a member of a prostatitus forum asking if anyone had ever taken SSRIs prior to coming down with symptoms. I think that is another community we could reach out to because I think a lot of them have that problem because of SSRIs.

After trying Citalopram for ten months and started coming down with my current issues, I fell into such a deep despair that was fed and worsened by reading horror stories online. It has been nearly two years now since I have been dealing with PSSD or Post SSRI Syndrome. It really does effect every aspect of my being and not just my sexual function. I do have some improvements that I cannot attribute to anything in particular, and I am able to carry on a psudo-sex life regardless of the fact that the experience is totally ruined for me. I'm glad I can at least give my girlfriend something in that regard. I am very glad to have all of you because there are no other human being on this earth who understand how hard this is to deal with, I love all of you for your determination. I'm here to help however I can. I am also a successful business person and I will have funds to contribute as we continue to work on this, as well as my time.
raven

Unread post by raven »

Made a second account, doesn't seem to be any problems with the sign up process now