Inositol and other supplements

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
tdj3

Inositol and other supplements

Unread post by tdj3 »

Hi everyone, new here.

i am posting here for my partner who suffers from PSSD. At first, i was like this could be related to your depression as we all know depression can decrease libido, but it did not take long for me to recognise that this is a real issue. anyway... i am on research duty for this problem. he has tried SJW, different teas, vitamins, gingko and other supplements. i came across inositol and i did my own research and it looks really promising. i have also read reports that TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) can have somewhat of an effect on it (i have not done extensive research on the tms) i have also found that accupuncture may also offer a solution. it feels like we have exhausted a lot of avenues with this, suffering from major depressive disorder, severe anxiety, OCD and ADHD, this issue is obviously made worse.

I am reaching out here to hopefully find some people who can post their stories for me, articles, websites, products etc. EXACTLY what your routine was with it, the amount of whatever you took or did, how long for, what are your symptoms like now if any? how long was recovery time? do you still struggle? is it back to normal? is it almost as good as it was? did your doctors recognise this issue? are there any SSRIs out there that dont cause any sexual side effects? are there any that actually increase libido?

thanks.
danny

Re: Inositol and other supplements

Unread post by danny »

Hello

I tried acupuncture and for four weeks it worked wonderfully. Suddenly I had an erection and sexual desire. Although not as I had in the past, but it gave me great hope.
Suddenly without any obvious change, I went back and all the progress I made was destroyed. I go on for a month acupuncture in the hope that it will come back.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Hi tdj3

most informations you can find here:
https://rxisk.org/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-pssd/

There is no obvious thing that can be done.
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

But of course you shouldn t give up hope i try suplements etc, it s very nice that you re helping your partner.
It is not from my own experience but cdp choline helped in at least 3 cases
tdj3

Unread post by tdj3 »

Hi Bigmum,

i will look into the cdp choline. thank you!
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

We have a success stories thread where you can explore different treatments.

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 969#p11968
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

You can also see my topic abaut protocoles for similar syndromes

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... lar#p11928
danny

Unread post by danny »

From what I read on the forum it seems to me that Inistol is the most promising treatment.
I ordered the product and hope to receive it this week and start trying it.
I'll let you know if it helps.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Hello tdj3,

I highly doubt acupuncture will do anything because from what I understand about it and most holistic stuff, it's complete bullshit. TMS on the other hand is great for depression but does nothing for PSSD. I've had quite a few TMS treatments so far with no improvement in PSSD. And you're right, it's fucking expensive.
As far as effectiveness of treatments on this forum among others, success has been between little and none. But in my opinion, the most promising thing I've seen has been the forum user "lost_soul" and his trial of Estrogen and DHT. As you have probably already guessed, the problem is most likely a hormonal loop that's been permanently/semi-permanently effected so hormonal treatment seems like the best option. We just have to figure out what that could be.
continue

Unread post by continue »

I don't recommend inositol. I took it for several months, and it is a chelating substance. My skin became saggy and I rapidly developed grey beard: two symptoms of copper deficiency.

The guy who got cured with inositol apparently was taking another herb together, so it was not really the inositol that made him better.