Going back to SSRI?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
IHateProzac

Going back to SSRI?

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Has anyone tried going back to SSRI, in particular those who used prozac? Some of the doctors I met seem to believe it may help. Such believes got us in trouble in the first place but still has anyone tried going back?
felipekj

Re: Going back to SSRI?

Unread post by felipekj »

Hey, I have PSSD due Paxil use, but, after 1.5 years waiting, i went back to antidepressant, not an ssri but almost the same ****, i went back to clomipramine for almost 2 weeks, the interesting thing is that the antidepressant effect only began AFTER i quit clomipramine and the lift on both depression and anxiety also just happened after i quit the clomipramine, and after a while when the RESIDUAL clomipramine went away from my body i was the same PSSD guy with anxiety and depression along with brain fog, cognitive imparment and all that ****. Note that the libido only came back the day the RESIDUAL clomipramine went off my body, it lasted 1 day, Now i was again on clomipramine, now for a month, i went off cold turkey 2 days ago and Im fine since the day I went off in regards of anxiety and depression, libido is 0 but, lets see if my libido come back the day the RESIDUAL clomipramine went off my brain, and hope it lasts that time. I want to ask to people who understand PSSD why i get the antidepressant effect only AFTER i use them. Thank You. Sorry my english.
IHateProzac

felipekj wrote:Hey, I have PSSD due Paxil use, but, after 1.5 years waiting, i went back to antidepressant, not an ssri but almost the same ****, i went back to clomipramine for almost 2 weeks, the interesting thing is that the antidepressant effect only began AFTER i quit clomipramine and the lift on both depression and anxiety also just happened after i quit the clomipramine, and after a while when the RESIDUAL clomipramine went away from my body i was the same PSSD guy with anxiety and depression along with brain fog, cognitive imparment and all that ****. Note that the libido only came back the day the RESIDUAL clomipramine went off my body, it lasted 1 day, Now i was again on clomipramine, now for a month, i went off cold turkey 2 days ago and Im fine since the day I went off in regards of anxiety and depression, libido is 0 but, lets see if my libido come back the day the RESIDUAL clomipramine went off my brain, and hope it lasts that time. I want to ask to people who understand PSSD why i get the antidepressant effect only AFTER i use them. Thank You. Sorry my english.
Much of my original anxiety & depression (or the reasons of them) went away once I settled from the withdrawal of Prozac. So I guess its a common effect. Unfortunately the loss of libido & erection do not makes up for the loss of the original reasons of the anxiety & depression.
felipekj

Yes, I know how you feel, if your anxiety and depression are not as big as before i suggest you to not go back, since i don´t think ssri can recover, but i don´t believe in natural recover either :| . You can try Bupropion or Mirtazapine, Im taking mirtazapine to sleep.
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

I just saw a post on the yahoo group about this topic:

"I know that it could sound absurd. But, in my case, fluvoxamine brought back my libido and all my feelings.
My brother has PSSD from Venlafaxine (a SNRI), so, I think this theory for PSSD is not valid to only SSRI.
He started to take this medicine yesterday.
I hope that he can feel the same effect that I have been feeling."
felipekj

The libido just came back for 1 day, after the residual clomipramine went off my system, when i have the residual clomipramine my libido is 0, but anxiety and depression are diminished also, it happened only once, now ill wait to see if it happen again.
IHateProzac

Maldoror wrote:I just saw a post on the yahoo group about this topic:

"I know that it could sound absurd. But, in my case, fluvoxamine brought back my libido and all my feelings.
My brother has PSSD from Venlafaxine (a SNRI), so, I think this theory for PSSD is not valid to only SSRI.
He started to take this medicine yesterday.
I hope that he can feel the same effect that I have been feeling."
Based on my research SNRI, in perticular Effexor (Venlafaxine), is very much a culprit in inducing PSSD similar to SSRIs. I think almost all sorts of ADs have detrimental effects for sex fucntion.

I was on Fluvoxamine (Feverin) some years ago. The only problem it gave me was genital anesthesia, but in return made my orgasm intense. Prozac boosted my erectile function & libido immensely when I started it. But when I stopped it I last even the original sex drive.

Almost all of my doctors believe that going back to Prozac would help. I don't want to take it as it interferes with my fertility. At least I am holding off till my wife conceives.
IHateProzac

catalunya wrote:
did you discontinue the drug suddenly? i've seemed to notice that a number of those suffering from sexual maladies after stopping an ssri/sri/snri are those who stopped the drugs rather suddenly rather than tapering slowly.

i'm just curious -- this is really a decent question to ask all suffering, although i'm not sure what i'd make of the data or what ramifications the results of a survey would be.
Yes I did it cold-turkey. Was not aware of the tapering thing. Its been almost 3 years now. But the interesting fact is I didn't taper on Faverine after being it on for 3 or 4 months & didn't get much of a PSSD (except for the genital anesthesia). I went cold turkey on Prozac & lost everything.
IHateProzac

catalunya wrote:how long were you taking prozac?
6 to 8 months I think. Or less. I honestly don't remember.
Blackout

Unread post by Blackout »

catalunya wrote: did you discontinue the drug suddenly? i've seemed to notice that a number of those suffering from sexual maladies after stopping an ssri/sri/snri are those who stopped the drugs rather suddenly rather than tapering slowly.

i'm just curious -- this is really a decent question to ask all suffering, although i'm not sure what i'd make of the data or what ramifications the results of a survey would be.
I don't remember what did I do when I stopped the fucking sertraline. For about seven months I took 50 mg daily, despite my stupid doctor telling me to up to 100 mg. Then I stopped, but after a few days or weeks -don't remember- I resumed and finally increased to 100 mg. I don't remember how many additional weeks I did that, and also don't remember how did I stopped. If I did tapper, it probably was one day 100 mg, and the next 50, and that's all, but most likely I quit directly from 100 mg.

BUUUT... the worst part is that I went to another psychiatrist when I was on my last days of sertraline. He prescribed me fluoxetine/olanzapine -both in one capsule-, but I don't remember if the only and ONLY day that I took that hellish combo, I still took my last sertraline pill, or if I waited one day. In the worst case -but very likely- I maybe took 100 mg sertraline, fluoxetine and olanzapine on the very same day. Perhaps it was the very last day on sertraline and the only day on fluoxetine/olanzapine that caused me this damage. I don't remember, since I didn't pay attention to somewhat that was seemingly simple, somewhat that I would have never suspected was going to destroy my life.

In any case, I was already well castrated and zombified while ON sertraline.