Connection between visualisation and libido. Experiment.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Ghost

Re: Connection between visualisation and libido. Experiment.

Unread post by Ghost »

^You can't link those symptoms because anhedonia doesn't cause them. It medically doesn't exist.

If Anhedonia made you have numbed skin and genitals, it would be in the medical literature. There are over 14 million abstracts on Pubmed, and NOT ONE that I have ever found claims that depression or anhedonia can numb your genitals.

Example: A person has the symptoms:

fever
sore throat
severe headaches
muscle aches
joint pain
swollen lymph nodes

What do you as a doctor do?

You could realize that these symptoms are all symptoms of HIV/AIDS, and rush to the conclusion that because many of the symptoms of the disorders overlap that they must have the same cause.

However, this clearly is very unlikely to be the case, and further medical review would show that this person is lacking other common symptoms of HIV, and likely just has the flu.

The overlap of a few symptoms doesn't constitute a definite diagnosis. If that were the case we'd all have AIDs, Cancer, Herpes, Polio, the black plague etc etc I could go on all day
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

"My sisters both got Anhedonia/PSSD before ever touching SSRIs, with the same symptoms as on this forum."

No they didn't. You can't get PSSD without touching an SSRI becuase it's in the name.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

You also fail to realize that just because the SSRI takes away PSSD for YOU, it doesn't mean that it's becuase of the anhedonia.
Ausguy222

Unread post by Ausguy222 »

FWIW I have a very vivid imagination and libido and erections can still suck.
Imagination itself is not the driving force. The is an actual physical and neurological issue here.
We all can make the difference between wanting and not wanting stuff. Even when we want to, it still doesn't work.
kongponleu88

Unread post by kongponleu88 »

I'm on NSI-189 & using Ketamine. Also using Psilocybin occasionally. Ketamine is probably the most profound in returning pleasure overall,
jaiho

Unread post by jaiho »

Potent combo that one kongpon, how's your experience with them?
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

had a pretty vivid dream last night about jaiho hijacking the forum and forcing me to take SSRIs lol, I think it was my first dream since withdrawal started, can't dream without visualisation
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

I hope that it wasn't erotic dream :)
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Marksanchez397

Unread post by Marksanchez397 »

kongponleu88 wrote:I'm on NSI-189 & using Ketamine. Also using Psilocybin occasionally. Ketamine is probably the most profound in returning pleasure overall,
Hi kongponleu88. i would like to know your PSSD story. How Many time did you get SSRI? when your PSSD starts? Wich SSRI did you take? Wich are your sinthoms? Improvements you've had?