2016 Study: Zoloft is endocrine disruptor- causes hypogonadism

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
clong4324

2016 Study: Zoloft is endocrine disruptor- causes hypogonadism

Unread post by clong4324 »

Have people seen this? In all my research I can't believe I just came across it. Spells it all out black and white. No pay wall.
Sertraline Suppresses Testis and Adrenal SteroidProduction and Steroidogenic Gene Expression WhileIncreasing LH in Plasma of Male Rats Resulting inCompensatory Hypogonadism

Cecilie Hurup Munkboel,* Lizette Weber Larsen,* Johan Juhl Weisser,*David Møbjerg Kristensen,†,‡and Bjarne Styrishave*,1

https://watermark.silverchair.com/kfy05 ... VCCx3YXYM9
zeipii2

Re: 2016 Study: Zoloft is endocrine disruptor- causes hypogonadism

Unread post by zeipii2 »

gene expression changes sure are one very potential thing to consider as a reason why various psych drug syndrome symptoms stick long term. And not just talking sexual ones but also things like akathisia.

People often say that "if it is gene expression it all can be reversed" but looking at the persistency of this it really looks like the body lost the "way back to homeostasis". A lot of epigenetic changes happening in human development and lifespan are ones that are going to stay. This could just as well be the case for some unnaturally acquired ones. It seems a topic nobody wants to talk about, but there must be room for talk about the possibility of various things because the mystery of why things stick is the core of this whole problem.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

If that’s the case I’m not sure why I can temporarily flip everything back with wellebutrin in my case
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

zeipii2 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:16 pm
People often say that "if it is gene expression it all can be reversed" but looking at the persistency of this it really looks like the body lost the "way back to homeostasis". A lot of epigenetic changes happening in human development and lifespan are ones that are going to stay. This could just as well be the case for some unnaturally acquired ones. It seems a topic nobody wants to talk about, but there must be room for talk about the possibility of various things because the mystery of why things stick is the core of this whole problem.
What does it have to do with this post topic?
Other than just cheap blackpilling.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
zeipii2

Unread post by zeipii2 »

there is duscussion about gene expression there, and relating to it . You sure do get triggered. Come on.
zeipii2

Unread post by zeipii2 »

Markc1113 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm If that’s the case I’m not sure why I can temporarily flip everything back with wellebutrin in my case
you maybe are in the range where the drug affects the system enough to work somehow for the time you use it. Ones that have this much luck and a case mild enough for this to be possible should be really happy. Well(e)butrin? 😊
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

clong4324 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:45 pm Have people seen this? In all my research I can't believe I just came across it. Spells it all out black and white. No pay wall.
Sertraline Suppresses Testis and Adrenal SteroidProduction and Steroidogenic Gene Expression WhileIncreasing LH in Plasma of Male Rats Resulting inCompensatory Hypogonadism

Cecilie Hurup Munkboel,* Lizette Weber Larsen,* Johan Juhl Weisser,*David Møbjerg Kristensen,†,‡and Bjarne Styrishave*,1

https://watermark.silverchair.com/kfy05 ... VCCx3YXYM9

Hugely important here. To have deranged sexual function and perfectly signaling, high total and free test is near, or completely impossible. I have been mapping out the entire test signaling process (which is insanely complex), and there seem to be disruptions in more than a few places in PSSD folks. The compensative hypogonadism WOULD explain normal levels of test, but still EQ and libido issues. Then there's receptor expression. Then there's gene expression. Then there's all of the steroidogenic enzymes. I am unsure fixing the entire test signaling system will fully alleviate sensation problems, but it DOES help quite a bit in sensation, and across the board in other facets of sexual function. If there was one neurotransmitter to focus on for sensation, it would be acetylcholine.

I have been picking this paper apart for months. Link: https://academic.oup.com/toxsci/article ... 09/4947780