Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Infiniteway

Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

Unread post by Infiniteway »

Hi guys, I wanted to inform you that the Italian group PSSD has started a fundraiser to finance the studies of Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi, to anyone interested in making a donation I leave the link. The study will have international implications and if the stability figure is not reached the money will be returned. Thank you all for your collaboration.

https://it.gofundme.com/f/27l8qmes5c

If you can spin, thank you!
Frog

Re: Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

Unread post by Frog »

Hi,

Do you have any further information such as the research outline? Also are there other money grants? The 10k target seems like a small amount
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Is there a donation page translated to English?
Kiliantkt

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

Markc1113 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:44 pm Is there a donation page translated to English?
It's in English and italian ;)
https://www.gofundme.com/f/27l8qmes5c?u ... e=customer

Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences "DiSFeB" - University of Milano-Italy intends to evaluate, in an animal model of PSSD, the effect of the chronic treatment with paroxetine and its withdrawal on neurosteroidogenesis (i.e., steroid levels in brain areas, gene expression of steroidogenic machinery and mitochondrial functionality) as well as the effect on the mechanism of action of neurosteroids (i.e., gene expression of classical and non classical steroid receptors)
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
SSRI & SNRI: 2011-2019
silentpain89

Unread post by silentpain89 »

You should post it on the PFS forums as well.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Infiniteway wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm Hi guys, I wanted to inform you that the Italian group PSSD has started a fundraiser to finance the studies of Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi, to anyone interested in making a donation I leave the link. The study will have international implications and if the stability figure is not reached the money will be returned. Thank you all for your collaboration.

Hi please can we get more info? Getting the 10K is no problem, I could pay that myself if I knew it would be beneficial.. I just need more info on it all, thanks
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
climb

Unread post by climb »

Infiniteway wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm Hi guys, I wanted to inform you that the Italian group PSSD has started a fundraiser to finance the studies of Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi, to anyone interested in making a donation I leave the link. The study will have international implications and if the stability figure is not reached the money will be returned. Thank you all for your collaboration.

Thanks for this. I've completed a survey for Dr Melcangi, so it's nice to hear that a more concrete plan is coming together.
I agree with the others in that potentially, I'm ready to donate, but it would be good to have a bit more background information on the study and how the money will be used.
climb

Unread post by climb »

[/quote]
Hi please can we get more info? Getting the 10K is no problem, I could pay that myself if I knew it would be beneficial.. I just need more info on it all, thanks
[/quote]

Just in case anyone hasn't done the preliminary questionnaires for this and other research:
https://www.pssd-uk.org/participate-in-research

Perhaps if Infiniteway or someone else is in touch with Dr Melcangi, they can relay a bit more info on behalf of Dr Melcangi to save us all contacting him ourselves and asking similar questions.
Kiliantkt

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

https://postssrisyndrome.org/ongoing-re ... QSvP2L2VW0

The person who started this GoFundme is Francesco Mazzi, the admin of "PSSD Italia".
He is in contact with dr Melcangi of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences "DiSFeB" - University of Milan.
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
SSRI & SNRI: 2011-2019
lw77

Unread post by lw77 »

For the ones who want more info on the study, the italian group who is in contact with Professor Melcangi, has set up this email address. Write here to receive the study protocol.

info@postssrisyndrome.org