PSSD can be triggered by mitochondrial instability

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
kpavel

Re: PSSD can be triggered by mitochondrial instability

Unread post by kpavel »

CN9 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:54 am which niacinamid did you take? nicorandil?
Thorne b-complex, then niacin, then nicotinamide riboside, after that Nature's Way niacinamide 500 mg +d-ribose.
I mentioned nicorandil because it was described as Katp channels opener. Not interested in it, although I read in one review it is more beneficial for heart diseases then a lot of later/standard drugs
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

kpavel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm
Thorne b-complex, then niacin, then nicotinamide riboside, after that Nature's Way niacinamide 500 mg +d-ribose.
I mentioned nicorandil because it was described as Katp channels opener. Not interested in it, although I read in one review it is more beneficial for heart diseases then a lot of later/standard drugs
Kapvel, I left you a message sir...I am just learning how to work the control panel. I just responded to your message(I send you a Pm) please read when you get some time. Thank you
forexworld12

Unread post by forexworld12 »

kpavel wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:08 pm Hey folks, yesterday the user cdraham made a very interesting hypothesis in Reddit. And I have to inform you, I was collecting scientific reports on this topic since late November. I had symptoms of something like heart angina, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and mental fatigue mainly since my bad luck with ginger. And as a result of my searches I started experimenting with mitochondrial supplements with a great success, especially since the 18th of March, in those home isolation days when I could firmly say there's no more symptoms, no fatigue, and my heart rhythm is normal when I walk or stand, and I just feel normal.

It happened because I managed to improve my mitochondrial health. I think, with pharmaceutical drugs, especially with SSRI drugs (or direct serotonin precursor 5-HTP) we induce a mitochondrial fragility or make it worse. That type of damage alone can entail a cascade of events which caused most of our symptoms including anhedonia or ed.

So how important is mitochondrial stability in modern diseases?
Mitochondrias are complex cell energy units which can even move between cells and every major illness is studied in their context for more than 10-15 years. It's a serious trend. For a short introduction watch this interview with Dr. Peter Bongiorno.
https://youtu.be/usd1kofEg2w
There are also so called inherited rare mitochondrial diseases.
For example see https://youtu.be/8rUTRaRD7AM

What are the possible symptoms of mitochondrial malfunction?
Here they are:
BRAIN
Developmental delays, Migraines, Seizures, Dementia, Autistic Features, Atypical cerebral palsy,
Neuro-psychiatric disturbances, Intellectual Disabilities, Strokes

NERVES
Weakness (may be intermittent), Fainting, Absent reflexes,
Neuropathic pain, Dysautonomia, Temperature Instability

MUSCLES
Weakness, Irritable bowel syndrome, Gastroesophogeal reflux,
Cramping, Diarrhea or constipation, Hypotonia,
Gastrointestinal problems, Pseudo-obstruction, Dysmotility

KIDNEYS
Renal tubular acidosis or wasting
HEART
Cardiac conduction defects (heart blocks), Cardiomyopathy
LIVER
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), Liver failure,
EARS & EYES
Visual loss and blindness, Optic atrophy, Acquired strabismus,
Ptosis, Ophthalmoplegia, Retinitis pigmentosa,
Hearing loss, Deafness,

PANCREAS & OTHER GLANDS
Diabetes, Exocrine Pancreatic Failure, Parathyroid failure
SYSTEMIC
Failure to gain weight, Unexplained vomiting, Respiratory problems,
Fatigue, Short stature

https://www.umdf.org/what-is-mitochondr ... -symptoms/

How a SSRI drug can damage mitochondrias?
We can't know all possbile reasons but there are lots of genes that could be affected in theory. Scientists did direct studies for antidepressants (citalopram, fluoxetine etc) and also we can expect cellular mechanisms of 5-HT receptors signalling to do certain destructive changes. For example here is the list of drugs that damage mitochondrias in different ways. https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArt ... oAvoid.htm
Find fluoxetine. I found out potential mechanisms for both MRCI and MRCV but I'm almost sure restoring MRCI is the most promising way to go.

Which factors can improve mitochondrial function?
A lot of them: activities, in food, drugs, plants. That's the big question. But there are the most prominent ones. All of them are supplements of orthomolecular kind.

I addition, here's an interesting clue on possible cognition issues reasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalopathy

Do you know how I came to all these findings? Well if you remember, on the old hosting one guy had claimed he was almost cured with Lady's Mantle plant. I tried it and mentioned I felt more tension down there. So what happened next is reading some of stuff which if I'm not mistaken was in Meso's posts. I decided to try gelatin powder because it has lots of glycine. Next day I woke up in a foggy state and several hours later I felt strong spasms in groin area. This lasted for more than a week. I didn't know what to do and what was that until I found out that glycine receptors are involved in muscle spasticity and myoclonus. Glycine also seems to harm orexin neurons in brain, insufficiency of orexin, I thought, was a cause of anhedonia, sleepiness and even sleep paralysis. So I thought how would I upregulate GLYT2 transporter or how would I block glycine alpha1 receptor? First I decided to use beta-carbolines (found in coffee or Harmala). It really helped with spasms. I know it all sounds crazy without tests etc. But that's what I was experiencing so who knows. And soon I began to work with my mitochondrias, with great success.

If you are interested in what molecular mechanisms are behind my theory I am in a stage of preparing a short scientific example explanation of how serotonin drugs can affect sexual function through mitochondria and other mechanisms. Just have to repeat selected materials and formulate the logic in normal English (that's a more difficult part for me). Questions?
Ohh boy these does sound like a lot of problems I have. Have PSSD since 2014 with emotional blunting and since 2018 Have a lot of symptoms that you mentioned
Eye- Double vision which went away in a week but permanent right eye blurring,episcleritis,Starburst Vision when looking at lights visual snow and floaters
Neurology -Severe fatigue, Weakness In legs and arms
Dysarthria - weakness in speaking , dystonia, weird Sensation,Numbness and tingling and twitching All over body,Balance problems,constant Head pressure,Severe small joint pain attacks,Severe Short term memory issues and insomnia
Orthostatic hypotension when getting up from lying position with tachycardia, sporadic attack of Shortness of breath happened once for which I was admitted to the ER
Digestive problem like severe diorrhea every month and attacks of painful urination

I have had tests for all of these from MRI to CT Scan to all autoimmune disorders to all test for fatal disease like ALS or MS and everything comes out normal.
I also have low level of b12 like 180 pg/ml
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

girl90 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 am
kpavel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm
Kapvel, I left you a message sir...I am just learning how to work the control panel. I just responded to your message(I send you a Pm) please read when you get some time. Thank you
Answered. Funny, how you mix my nickname all the ways possible, lol.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

forexworld12 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 pm Ohh boy these does sound like a lot of problems I have. Have PSSD since 2014 with emotional blunting and since 2018 Have a lot of symptoms that you mentioned
Eye- Double vision which went away in a week but permanent right eye blurring,episcleritis,Starburst Vision when looking at lights visual snow and floaters
Dysarthria - weakness in speaking , dystonia, weird Sensation,Numbness and tingling and twitching All over body,Balance problems,constant Head pressure,Severe small joint pain attacks,Severe Short term memory issues and insomnia
Orthostatic hypotension when getting up from lying position with tachycardia, sporadic attack of Shortness of breath happened once for which I was admitted to the ER
Digestive problem like severe diorrhea every month and attacks of painful urination

I have had tests for all of these from MRI to CT Scan to all autoimmune disorders to all test for fatal disease like ALS or MS and everything comes out normal.
Really worth to try some things then. However there are lots of different autoimmune diseases. Symptoms are such nonspecific and all over the body. What I can talk for myself is tachycardia, shortness of breath, dysarthria(??), numbness and tingling and even beginning head pressure and tinnitus FULLY DISAPPEARED IN ME.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

forexworld12 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 pm Ohh boy these does sound like a lot of problems I have. Have PSSD since 2014 with emotional blunting and since 2018 Have a lot of symptoms that you mentioned

One notable autoimmune syndrome
Guillain-Barré syndrome
At first you may have:
numbness
pins and needles
muscle weakness
pain
problems with balance and co-ordination
These symptoms usually affect both sides of the body at the same time.
Later symptoms
The symptoms may continue to get worse over the next few days or weeks.
Some people are only mildly affected, but others may have:
difficulty walking without assistance
an inability to move the legs, arms and/or face (paralysis)
difficulty breathing
blurred or double vision
difficulty speaking
problems swallowing or chewing
difficulty peeing, and constipation
persistent and/or severe pain
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/guillain- ... /symptoms/
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

Last edited by girl90 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

Mr Kpavel..I have all the supplements..I am ready to start taking them...Sir, I got to get this right, because pssd is going to take me off of this planet..Sir, please if you would be so kind again,and you have indulged all of my questions, Please indulge me for one last time(Hopefullly)..You have given us a list of supplments to take to reverse pssd with..Initally, you said that you only took pqqq and you got a reconnection. The reason I need to know if it was the only supplemnt you took to sort out your pssd symtoms iintially(Or gave you any postives) is because you told another member not to mix pqq with Niaciamide., Niacinamide is one of the 5 major supplements you told us to take in regarding to healing the midrocondria. So I am trying so hard to get this right Mr Kpavel. If I can understand this Mr Kpavel, I swear I will not ask you another question. Even though I am a woman, I need to know if just taking the pqq may do something positive for me without taking the other supplments, and if that is the case, how long should I take it and at what mg? Because if that is what you did, then I would like to see if I get any positive benefits from just taking the pqqq first.. and if I don't get any benefits then I will take the cocktail of supplements you . recommended....You got a reconnection Mr Kapvel with the pqq..How long did you take it, and at what mg? were you taking it with any of the other supplements you recommended for us to take.. I have gone over n over what you have told us, and I still am not able to know if this is what you are meaning..Please clarify this for me...Thank you
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Depends on what symptoms you have. But the main idea here is to support healthy mitochondrias. The difference between niacinamide and pqq you mention was as I remember between fission and fusion of mitochondrias, But if you have really bought those two then try one of them for some period, after that try the next one. Niacinamide is cheap (I took it with d-ribose though which is more expensive). PQQ is expensive. And it could require more than standard dose. I took standard or double (out of impulsivity) 20 mg doses of Jarrow BioPQQ and my benefits during the first 2 weeks were increased energy, very notable mood improvement and also I found in bed that I feel 'the connection' better and pelvic muscles work better, so on, but not pleasure increase. If your main issues are fatigue etc then what I have advised you should help at least a bit, and hopefully with sexual issues too.
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

kpavel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm Depends on what symptoms you have. But the main idea here is to support healthy mitochondrias. The difference between niacinamide and pqq you mention was as I remember between fission and fusion of mitochondrias, But if you have really bought those two then try one of them for some period, after that try the next one. Niacinamide is cheap (I took it with d-ribose though which is more expensive). PQQ is expensive. And it could require more than standard dose. I took standard or double (out of impulsivity) 20 mg doses of Jarrow BioPQQ and my benefits during the first 2 weeks were increased energy, very notable mood improvement and also I found in bed that I feel 'the connection' better and pelvic muscles work better, so on, but not pleasure increase. If your main issues are fatigue etc then what I have advised you should help at least a bit, and hopefully with sexual issues too.
Mr Kpval thank you. I just messaged you...