How does serotonin inhibit sexuality exactly?

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Tree

Re: How does serotonin inhibit sexuality exactly?

Unread post by Tree »

Delfador wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 am The nerves on these ones... I'm telling him 5ht is not chronically elevated and in his defense he tells me 5ht2a and 5ht2c are downregulated in pssd sufferers... which not only is false, but totally irrelevant because 5ht2 up and downregulation has little to do with 5ht levels in the first place...

And no, you did not get serotonine syndrome from ginger because an agonist wont give you serotonine syndrome even with very elevated serotonine levels. You wont get serotonine syndrome even with 10× the normal synaptic serotonine concentrations... you need something like 50× or 100× for that, which you will only get with a reuptake inhibitor and a MAOi or similar enzymatic enhibition pathways.

Saying you got serotonine syndrome with an agonist is like saying you overdosed on lsd. Sorry buddy, it's not happening.

But you had high serotonine side effects, no doubt.
High serotonin induced by sert dysregulation and it's downstream effects seems to me, from the limited research out there, the primary cause of pssd. Particularly, the desensitization of 5ht1a heteroreceptors concentrated in the dorsal raphe nuclei. Those receptors act as the primary brakes to serotonin neurotransmission. 5ht1a receptors are also responsible for properly regulation mood and bodily functions. In my experience, 5ht1a agonists or anything that raises serotonin makes my symptoms worse and leaves me with a worsening baseline so I know Serotonin plays a role in worsening my symptoms or baseline post pssd. In 2017, I took heavy pain medication, morphine and oxycodone, for several months after recovering from surgery, which permanently worsened my baseline. Opioids increase serotonin and are partial 5ht1a agonists. 2018, I took ginger a 5ht1a agonist for about 8 days then had massive agitation, panic attacks, nausea, scary shit that luckily resolved after a few days. Yes, I had serotonin syndrome, but it was mild and not life threatening. There are different degrees of serotonin syndrome. Now, it's been over two years and my baseline is still completely fucked so don't tell me this shit is not related to serotonin, sert downregulation, 5ht1a downregulation, and downstream effects. There are different degrees of pssd that are associated with severity of symptoms. Maybe someone with a mild case of pssd can tolerate opioids, ginger, or whatever, but someone with a severe case probably is less tolerant to serotonin or 5ht1a agonists, at least this seems to be my case.

You can get serotonin syndrome from taking 5ht1a agonists and ssri's together. So, if our sert is permanently dysregulated, it makes sense someone with pssd could get serotonin syndrome taking a 5ht1a agonist alone. Intuitively that makes sense but can't absolutely prove it until pssd is more researched.

There is a reason why nobody on here is recommending mdma to treat pssd. It's not that hard to figure out. SJW is very hit and miss. It's the one of the biggest threads with only a handful of positive reports and no cures. Generally, people who report positive effects with sjw say the effects diminish over time. They probably had a mild case to begin with anyway.
girl90

Re: How does serotonin inhibit sexuality exactly?

Unread post by girl90 »

Delfor, please reply..Do you have a remedy for how to correct this.. What could correct this in you opinion..If you have one..You probably tried it already, and are not better...but please share it anyway.Thanks