New study reveals the epigenetic effects of Citalopram

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
quagmire

Re: New study reveals the epigenetic effects of Citalopram

Unread post by quagmire »

Have someone tried valproic acid, and had any improvements on it?
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

I have ordered sodium butyrate, what dosage would you guys recommend taking?
AnhedonicApe

"I feel SSRIs were responsible for my CFS experience. In 2010 while I was away on a long trip I simply ran out of Fluoxetine so effectively went cold turkey....I didnt seem to suffer any consequences immediately and certainly didn't associate the onset of CFS a few months later with the sudden withdrawal of Fluoxetine.

The severity of the fatigue was terrible, I could barely walk. This state continued for about 3 months when I had a sudden positive step change in the fatigue level...not back to normal but I certainly enjoyed my partial return to health. Three months later after a very tiring day I went to lie down for an hour...when I woke I was completely back to my pre CFS state....not just a bit better and a gradual improvement over weeks...instantly ...a miracle!

This happy state remained for 11 months. I certainly made the most of my health during this period. I then caught a bad cold and and the CFS returned in force, this time it continued for what seemed an interminable 5 years.

At this point I was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy...the side effects of this were terrible in conjunction with the CFS. The recovery from the treatment followed the predicted time scale....miraculously my CFS disappeared as I recovered."

someone on here their ssri induced cfs went away after chemo, quite interesting.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

@AnhedonicApe

I've been telling you it's not all talk here yeh. DNA demethylation looks really promising.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
AnhedonicApe

I found this study: Demethylation treatment restores erectile function in a rat model of hyperhomocysteinemia

The demethylating agent azacitidine is used in this study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26585696
Last edited by AnhedonicApe on Fri May 24, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

Call it a demethylating agent instead of chemo. There is already plenty of stigma around it. :roll:
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
AnhedonicApe

nasibi wrote:Call it a demethylating agent instead of chemo. There is already plenty of stigma around it. :roll:
haha done. Did u read the study? I think it's really hopefull. Last week by accident i took a methyl donor called betaine hcl and i have extremely worsened since. This shows me epegenetics plays a major role tbh. I will be going to a clinic specialized in epegenetics and demethylizing anytime soon. I hope they can maybe help me get this demethylating agent :lol: .
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

Yes, I did. Aza/Decit have also been shown to turn ON the silenced genes that regulate the dopamine and androgen receptors. They are legit.
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

nasibi wrote:Yes, I did. Aza/Decit have also been shown to turn ON the silenced genes that regulate the dopamine and androgen receptors. They are legit.
Could you post a citation to that? I’m interested in reading about that.
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

quagmire wrote:Have someone tried valproic acid, and had any improvements on it?
yeah, with hydralazine

google the combo on pubmed

also its dirt cheap even at the highest demethylating doses