GABA A3/4/5, inflammation and mitochondria

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Maxin

Re: GABA A3/4/5, inflammation and mitochondria

Unread post by Maxin »

Omg I’m the same Mesolimbo. I took lexapro, been off now for 12 years and still suffer hypersomnia and a form of chronic fatigue induced from ssri. I can sleep forever. Just did a trial of pregnenelone and it made this SO much worse.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

zadig777 wrote:try hydrocortisone 20mg daily
thank me later :))
I tried HC injections in the past, it wasn't effective. Same for licorice. My hormonal panel was normal but I never tested for progesterone since it isn't available to me.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Ciprofloxacin

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

Mesolimbo wrote:PSSD gave me bad excessive daytime sleepiness, sleeping up to 21 hours a day. My pdoc prescribed methylphenidate which wasn't enough to offset this sleepiness, so I also came to the conclusion that my GABA receptors are dysregulated.

I tried Clarithromycin for a short while, it's a GABA-A antagonist. This was enough to keep me awake but eventually made me very depressed. My pdoc was also afraid of potentially serious long-term side effects (liver, kidney, heart etc), so she told me to stop taking it at once.

GABAergics like benzos make me very anhedonic the next day and ones like valproic acid (used it as a HDAC inhibitor..) made me so depressed.

I came to the conclusion that I have a major glutamate-GABA imbalance, caused by excessive progesterone -> allopregnanolone through chronic Venlafaxine intake.

Ciprofloxacin, do you also suffer from unrefreshing sleep? no matter how much I sleep, I wake up feeling sleep deprived.

N.B. several brain MRIs were also normal.

Yes. Hypersomnia and this
unrefreshing sleep?
appeared on my 3rd day of prozac usage. In the old days, I used to be able to staying awake all night. I was actually a night person.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I tried hc as well, as well as dexamethasone and prednisone. I believe there is something wrong with the steroidal system but it’s not as simple for some of us to just add them in. I’ve combined with every kind of thyroid there is and every way of taking thyroid. Super frustrating as it seems it should work, but it never does.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Yes of course. I first tried dexamethasone years ago. I was a professional dancer and had to get through a performance, so docs gave me a weeks worth as I was having such bad fatigue. This was a few months after stopping ssri. It did help but he only prescribed for a week. But this led to me to seek out answers in terms of low cortisol issues. A year later a cfs doc prescribed cortisol from compoun pharmacy along with t3. Bioidentical cortisol never made me feel better like dexa. I doubled doses tried it for way longer than I should have but it made me feel worse. I think another year I tried making pills out of cortisone cream. Jumping to the last few years. I tried prednisone, in many different doses in soerate trialsZ. Couple days of feeling great, that way worse. Like the fatigue where your awake but your body feels like it’s in cement. Then I had my doc last year try dexa again because I had some luck with it. But responded the same as prednisone. I would also try thyroid with these. Thyroid is awful for me once it starts to get in my system. Because then I have to wait for it to leave and I have a few days of
This horrible wired but exhausted feeling. There is so much more I could say about these trials but I have done a lot with them. The short windows that it’s works though I’m basically cured. Sorry I’m on my
Phone
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

What happened guys, very underrated thread. Im in the process of finding a GAMSa atm unfortunately very expensive. Cinnamon is probably weak but im trying it.

Cant really use other GABA antagonists the only thing to try would be GAMSAs. Golexanolone looks promising but is insanely expensive