Buspar (Buspirone)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
jaiho

Re: Buspar

Unread post by jaiho »

magnilo wrote:i just realized nortriptyline is a ht2a/c antagonist with stimulating properties!! that would be the perfect add on (or actually main dish) if buspar alone doesent help! really excited about this combo, looks very promising on paper
That's why im always promoting Nortriptyline here and in others places.
According to the famous Dr Stahl, Combination of 5HT1A agonism (Buspar) along with 5HT2A & C antagonism produces a robust increase in PFC dopamine.

I would never take an SSRI without these properties added, since this is mainly how SSRIs inhibit NE & DA. There's also mesolimbic dopamine pathways such as DAT that needs to be inhibited somewhat (Bupropion, Ritalin) which SSRIs also increase expression of.

So, to counter all the SSRI dopamine inhibiting properties to the highest chance: Bupropion + Buspar + Nortriptyline.

Bupropion + Nortriptyline has high efficacy in treatment resistant depression as well, without affecting serotonin too much.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7647835
Case report of 4 recoveries. Punch it into sci hub to get the paper.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

thanks for the link JayR
jaiho wrote:That's why im always promoting Nortriptyline here and in others places.
According to the famous Dr Stahl, Combination of 5HT1A agonism (Buspar) along with 5HT2A & C antagonism produces a robust increase in PFC dopamine.

I would never take an SSRI without these properties added, since this is mainly how SSRIs inhibit NE & DA. There's also mesolimbic dopamine pathways such as DAT that needs to be inhibited somewhat (Bupropion, Ritalin) which SSRIs also increase expression of.

So, to counter all the SSRI dopamine inhibiting properties to the highest chance: Bupropion + Buspar + Nortriptyline.

Bupropion + Nortriptyline has high efficacy in treatment resistant depression as well, without affecting serotonin too much.
damn i threw away a leftover of wellbutrin i had... i found alone it didnt help me at all up to 300mg..
i do have a prescription for methylphenidate though, could give that a go with some trazodone which i also have..
the Nortriptyline id have to get a prescription for and it wont happen before a month
anyway, i probably have to counter that eagerness of mine with trying new stuff.
(Ive just recently quit isotretinoin(accutane) and i have the impression my genital anaesthesia is getting better (erection quality not so, though.)... 5ht1a stuff)
Last edited by magnilo on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayR

Unread post by JayR »

magnilo wrote:thanks for the link JayR
jaiho wrote:That's why im always promoting Nortriptyline here and in others places.

damn i threw away a leftover of wellbutrin i had... i found alone it didnt help me at all up to 300mg..
i do have a prescription for methylphenidate though, could give that a go with some trazodone which i also have..
the Nortriptyline id have to get a prescription for and it wont happen before a month
anyway, i probably have to counter that eagerness of mine with trying new stuff.
(Ive just recently quit isotretinoin(adderall) and i have the impression my genital anaesthesia is getting better (erection quality not so, though.)... 5ht1a stuff)
Wellbutrin does seem to do something after a little while of taking it. But it doesn't do anything for orgasm/ejaculation. Only for libido and arousal.
Numbed

Buspar - what to expect - how to use?

Unread post by Numbed »

So I have been given a script for buspar, I read some posts on here saying it stopped working for some people after a week or extended use, as you can imagine im trying to minimize/prevent this.

My background:

normal T (~25-30nmol/l depending on time of the year)
lack of feeling romance/general joy in life
suspect high serotonin in my brain
t driven libido is fine (going a party and shagging a random women is not a problem)
romantic libido (oxytocin fueled? is nearly absent) <<<----- this seems to be my problem

What is everyones experience with buspar out there? I was thinking of trying 2x 2.5mg or 2x 5mg daily to see how it goes.

Im also on cabergoline and a bunch of supps, im not sure about possible interactions but I do not want to drop these since I feel they somewhat help me.

Any advice welcome
north4

Re: Buspar - what to expect - how to use?

Unread post by north4 »

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SSR ... ery=buspar

what about testing some "new" stuff ?
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
Numbed

Re: Buspar - what to expect - how to use?

Unread post by Numbed »

I cant access that page, do I have to register with yahoo for it? or am I doing something wrong
Numbed

Buspar 5mg, bi-daily

Unread post by Numbed »

So I just started this today and took my dose like 2 hours ago. Am I suppose to notice acute effects? Felt a minor dizziness/restlessness @1hr after dosing, other than that nothing.
I got it on prescription so it is the real stuff.

What were your experiences with it.
Jaxx

Re: Buspar 5mg, bi-daily

Unread post by Jaxx »

i was restless too, but it subsided. I had a bit more energy, but honestly it didnt do too much for me in the long run. But everyone is different so dont give up too soon!
Numbed

Unread post by Numbed »

How long did you take it for, what dose and after how long did you start feeling benefits (libido wise).

So far its been like 3-4hours after I took my first dose: pressure on sinusses/forehead, earpressure/mild earpain, irritability, carelessness.
I fucking cant believe this is supposed to increase oxytocin, it makes me irritable and arrogant so far if anything what the fuck... im pissed off, what a shit drug.

I feel as if the prolactin increasing effect of buspar might override any possible benefits that it can have...
Numbed

Unread post by Numbed »

By the way this study:

http://sci-hub.cc/10.1002/depr.3050020208

Seems to indicate that alot of users have ACUTE effects from buspar aswell... and yes irritability is also listed.