Progesterone

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Jaxx

Re: Progesterone

Unread post by Jaxx »

the lab should offer a range
SufferingfromSSRI

Unread post by SufferingfromSSRI »

Jaxx wrote:the lab should offer a range
Thank you!

0.0-0.5 is the stated range. I guess I didn't realize it can vary so much from lab to lab and 0.3 might be normal for one lab and high for another, etc. And I suppose I'm in the middle of the normal range IF this range is for men (there was no option).
Ciprofloxacin

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

shadowMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:30 pm I went to a new Dr to show my tests, because of my high Insulin. I eventually told him about PSSD, he didnt knew the term, but he showed interest! He was looking my tests and when he saw the Prog and Aldo levels it got his attention even more. I wasnt expected that, he said a lot of things similar to what we discussed here about Progesterone, he even added K to the equation and how both could do things like we are experiencing here, showed me a lot of steroid pathways and axis(he called the enzymes by their full names LOL), he wants to test my adrenals first to see if theres something wrong(adrenals are his specialty), but he told me that he wants to look more into this.

Im just telling this, because what he said that Prog and K can do this kind of thing, and this is what we were discussing here and on hackstasis.
Too bad that he's not active since early 2019. I would have to know whether if the doctor figured out how to fix those values.
BlackCat

Unread post by BlackCat »

I just wanted to add that I also have high progesterone, measured recently. Also high prolactin.

For prolactin trying bromocriptine, but they just ignored the progesterone. What is the medication to lower progesterone?
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

I found Trilostane, but it's not prescribed to humans.
Mateoo

Unread post by Mateoo »

yesterday I did the tests, my progesterone is high above the norm, 0,5 ng/ml (0, 1 - 0,2)
bockemossen

Unread post by bockemossen »

Haven't followed this thread but my progesterone was 0.66 ng/ml in 2018 (PSSD since 2013). Also high prolactin and DHT now.