Have I got PSSD?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Dicks3

Have I got PSSD?

Unread post by Dicks3 »

I have been advised to sign up on this PSSD Forum by a gentleman at PSSD UK

I was on the Anti-Depressant Venlafaxine XR for 13 years up until January 2020 and apart from a couple of short-term dosage increases over that period, I was mainly on 75mg once a day.

The Psychiatrist took me off of Venlafaxine over a 4-week period by reducing to 37.5mg and then coming off completely.
I have no idea whether I have withdrawal syndrome or not, or if it is just me depression and low mood come back. Also, I do not know if I have caused myself permanent or irreversible damage.

What I do know is that I have never really felt right since and feel like to soul and emotion has been sucked out of me if that makes sense. Also, I have ED and no Libido or sexual desire.

I have just found out about PSSD from a YouTuble video by Marie O’Neil.

This makes sense as my sexual dysfunction started after I started Venlafaxine and I didn’t have a sex life for 13 years. But I thought everything would come back once I stopped taking the medication.

I first went to see a private Urologist in London back in December 2019 and I am now under both Endocrinology and Urology / Andrology at UCLH in London trying to solve my ED and sexual dysfunction and we are now in August 2021 and still the problem is not resolved.

My Libido and desire are non-existent.

Since finding out about PSSD I am annoyed that neither my Endocrinologist nor Urologist / Andrologist even mentioned it. But to me it makes perfect sense.

Though is it PSSD or my mental illness causing my sexual dysfunction?

So, I really need to know how I can find out if I have got PSSD for certain, and if I have how can put it right if that is possible.

I really don’t want to think of a life where this is permanent.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
flexstar13

Re: Have I got PSSD?

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Do you have numb genitals or nipples?
Dicks3

Unread post by Dicks3 »

I know this will be a strange answer but I am not really sure to be honest.

Please define numb.
no_name01010

Unread post by no_name01010 »

Dicks3 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:06 pm I know this will be a strange answer but I am not really sure to be honest.

Please define numb.
No erogenous sensation or no sensation at all.
Dicks3

Unread post by Dicks3 »

Yes I do think I lack sensitivity and sensation.

Is there any way of getting this tested?