My introduction, encouragment and support needed.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Finnishguy96

My introduction, encouragment and support needed.

Unread post by Finnishguy96 »

Hello I am 24y old male. Around july 2019 my medication was switched from valdoxan (agomelatine) wich I used for 4 years without any problems to some SSRI medication and some antipsych. - meds. I cant remember the name of my medication since it was switched numerous times cause I instantly felt that it affected my sexual drive. The condition gradually got worse with symptoms like: total death of sexual drive, erectile dysfunction, absent feeling of sensation in orgasms. I finally stopped taking any meds cold turkey around this july 2020 with my last medication being sertraline accord 50mg if I remember correctly, so I was on the SSRI -meds about a year. Now 5 months later after quitting the meds my symptoms are still as bad with a new symptom of having numb feelings: I dont feel sadness nor hapiness and its hard for me to feel interested romantically.

I learned about PSSD several months ago but found this forum about a month ago. One post really shocked me in a other forum. In the post user wrote something like this: "there are over 4000 users in this forum yet only 40 success stories". This really made me sad and desperate, even suicidal. Is the situation really this hopeless? I'm really running out hope right now, and would like to hear your stories and some encourageing news and studies.

I can also provide exact medical history next time I have an appointment.
Naczoz

Re: My introduction, encouragment and support needed.

Unread post by Naczoz »

well just count the number, welcome to pssd world whan deeper emotions are gone
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Finnishguy96 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 pm Hello I am 24y old male. Around july 2019 my medication was switched from valdoxan (agomelatine) wich I used for 4 years without any problems to some SSRI medication and some antipsych. - meds. I cant remember the name of my medication since it was switched numerous times cause I instantly felt that it affected my sexual drive. The condition gradually got worse with symptoms like: total death of sexual drive, erectile dysfunction, absent feeling of sensation in orgasms. I finally stopped taking any meds cold turkey around this july 2020 with my last medication being sertraline accord 50mg if I remember correctly, so I was on the SSRI -meds about a year. Now 5 months later after quitting the meds my symptoms are still as bad with a new symptom of having numb feelings: I dont feel sadness nor hapiness and its hard for me to feel interested romantically.

I learned about PSSD several months ago but found this forum about a month ago. One post really shocked me in a other forum. In the post user wrote something like this: "there are over 4000 users in this forum yet only 40 success stories". This really made me sad and desperate, even suicidal. Is the situation really this hopeless? I'm really running out hope right now, and would like to hear your stories and some encourageing news and studies.

Be careful while considering "forum statistics", it may not reflect the reality of the universe, also providing you a biased view of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias Exists and messes with our mood.

I have met two cases who recovered and never ever registered a single forum, for example.

If you still need medication to function, better discuss with your doctor the possibility of going back to a medication you had no problems with. Also looking for psychological support, like cognitive behavioral therapy and friends and family, may help a lot too.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Finnishguy96

arahant wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:52 pm
Finnishguy96 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 pm Hello I am 24y old male. Around july 2019 my medication was switched from valdoxan (agomelatine) wich I used for 4 years without any problems to some SSRI medication and some antipsych. - meds. I cant remember the name of my medication since it was switched numerous times cause I instantly felt that it affected my sexual drive. The condition gradually got worse with symptoms like: total death of sexual drive, erectile dysfunction, absent feeling of sensation in orgasms. I finally stopped taking any meds cold turkey around this july 2020 with my last medication being sertraline accord 50mg if I remember correctly, so I was on the SSRI -meds about a year. Now 5 months later after quitting the meds my symptoms are still as bad with a new symptom of having numb feelings: I dont feel sadness nor hapiness and its hard for me to feel interested romantically.

Be careful while considering "forum statistics", it may not reflect the reality of the universe, also providing you a biased view of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias Exists and messes with our mood.

I have met two cases who recovered and never ever registered a single forum, for example.

If you still need medication to function, better discuss with your doctor the possibility of going back to a medication you had no problems with. Also looking for psychological support, like cognitive behavioral therapy and friends and family, may help a lot too.
Thank you for the encouragment. I dont know if I want to go back to using the medication I used before, even if I didnt have any troubles with it. What if some other kind of trouble comes with it.
The fact that I was not warned about any temporal sexual disorders or permanent ones, really affected to the way I trust healthcare system here in Finland. Plus I dont know if I need them since other than the PSSD symptons and the stress and sadness that it causes, im feeling fine. I have also been in cognitive therapy for a year now and continue to go there, but my therapist has no experience in sexual therapy.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Informed consent is something still missing, unfortunately...I would never take 150mg/day of Sertraline If the doctor warned me about it's nasty sides. But I understand you...after a horrible experience with some meds, even the ones that had no issue become a potential threat. Even if they have complete different mechanisms.
Cognitive behavioral therapy provided me a priceless help, I was referred to a CBT psychotherapist with decades of experience in sexual therapy applying CBT techniques. Also with a published book on this theme.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Finnishguy96

arahant wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:25 pm Informed consent is something still missing, unfortunately...I would never take 150mg/day of Sertraline If the doctor warned me about it's nasty sides. But I understand you...after a horrible experience with some meds, even the ones that had no issue become a potential threat. Even if they have complete different mechanisms.
Cognitive behavioral therapy provided me a priceless help, I was referred to a CBT psychotherapist with decades of experience in sexual therapy applying CBT techniques. Also with a published book on this theme.
How are things with you now, has your PSSD gotten any better?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Finnishguy96 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:45 pm
arahant wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:25 pm Informed consent is something still missing, unfortunately...I would never take 150mg/day of Sertraline If the doctor warned me about it's nasty sides. But I understand you...after a horrible experience with some meds, even the ones that had no issue become a potential threat. Even if they have complete different mechanisms.
How are things with you now, has your PSSD gotten any better?
I am way better than half a decade ago. It was a long road, and still learning.
I have a long thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=3480
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Finnishguy96 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 pm I learned about PSSD several months ago but found this forum about a month ago. One post really shocked me in a other forum. In the post user wrote something like this: "there are over 4000 users in this forum yet only 40 success stories".
Most people probably just carry on in life and don’t come back to these forums once recovered. Maybe it reminds them of the bad times or maybe they are just so happy to be back to normal and living their life, they probably don’t really care! I wouldn’t hang around here much if I ever recovered, would you?.. anyway let’s keep the faith as lots probably do recover🤞Maybe we just don’t hear from most of these people!
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

@Finnishguy96 don't lose hope. 5 months are nothing when it comes to PSSD. I've seen cases recover after 1-2 years spontaneously even without trying out any regimen for PSSD.

If you are really desperate and want to try a regimen for PSSD anyway, there are a couple of health professionals that might help you with that:
https://www.theresearchzone.com/consultation
Dr. Healy (rxisk, UK) and Dr. Goldstein (US).

These professionals neither claim to know PSSD's pathophysiology nor know of a cure. However, they are still happy to take your money. Feel free to book with them if you want trial-and-error.

Other than that, avoid trying random supplements because they worked for someone or another. At worst, they could permanently crash you.

Best of luck!
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Northern_Star

Unread post by Northern_Star »

Dear FinnishGuy96,

I am sorry to read that another person is subject to these awful persistent drug side effects. Unfortunately, such persistent side effects from various drugs are under-appreciated, under-researched and under-reported. Please consider reporting your persistent side effects to the authorities in your country. We need to make people aware that these side effects exist.

You'll find additional information here: https://www.propeciahelp.com/report-you ... -agencies/