Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: Intro

Unread post by arahant »

Rem346 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:55 am Nvm. Pramipexole gives my side effects after increasing dose. Nothing special so far. How many success stories have there been with pramipexole? I only know 1 who claimed it and even then I don’t know his protocol. Gotta try buspirone although most people say it’s useless. I haven’t seen much benefit from ketamine. Anything I take seems to affect me somehow but NOTHING has ever attacked and removed the anhedonia.
Would low dose reinstate combined with buspar do anything?
How about Miratazapine, there are publications that mirtazapine 15mg combined with ssri can restore sexual function.
But dude, how many on pramixerole recovered anhedonia? The internet is not the universe, why pramixerole is on a serious clinical trial (recruiting) outside forum broscience/probes/neurobulshit? Because it has showed some benefits.

3 session of ketamine is far from what is needed to say anything. No clinical trial said it's enough.

There's also a type of "anhedonia", which is like a burnout from a period of intense anxiety. Somehow everything that can be pleasurable is automatically dismissed because there's not much energy and and lots pessimism during this state.

You seem not tolerating any side effects. Any drugs can give some level of annoying ones while increasing the dose, that's why reduced buspirone from 60 mg/day to 30mg/day, instead of quiting fearing damage. Dose adjustment and time is the key factor for any trial.

But if you keep trying stuff for few weeks and quiting after any side effects, you are welcome to the bro crowd of people saying this and that is "useless" for every new hopeless and desperate member who register this forum every week.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

I don’t get it, do you have pssd? I assume so because if you probably wouldn’t be in this forum. Buspirone from what I hear many many people say is useless, idk in what way does it help you. I’m a week into pramipexole and nothing so far. I also feel like I have dementia, I literally just asked someone a question he answered a few minutes ago. Is this also a symptom of pssd? Or is this something else in conjunction?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Rem346 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 am I don’t get it, do you have pssd? I assume so because if you probably wouldn’t be in this forum.
I am quite recovered, and I have a long thread here with my log. I am still deciding if I would taper buspirone to zero to see how it goes after almost two years of using it.
But you know what, I have no problems with this medication right now, so it's difficult to see any point in discontinuing it.
That's the reason I am still in this forum.

But I do agree that recovered people have little incentive to stay around while people dismiss their improvements, or get asked questions like: "Why are you still here?".

later don't complain like: "why there are just a few recoveries posted? is it permanent? is it possible to be back to my baseline?"
Buspirone from what I hear many many people say is useless, idk in what way does it help you.
Show me one who gave a fair trial to any drug around?

What people say is usually like:

" I am taking X/Y/Z for a few days/weeks and it fell like I am (put any vague/negative adjective here) and it's useless"
"let me quit it because it may worsen me permanently".

I hope pramipexole helps you.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

Show me one who gave a fair trial to any drug around?
It’s basically anywhere I read, people say buspirone didn’t help, reddit, Facebook, even on the forum.
I am glad you are recovering with buspar!
climb

Unread post by climb »

arahant wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:56 am
Rem346 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 am I don’t get it, do you have pssd? I assume so because if you probably wouldn’t be in this forum.
I am quite recovered, and I have a long thread here with my log. I am still deciding if I would taper buspirone to zero to see how it goes after almost two years of using it.
But you know what, I have no problems with this medication right now, so it's difficult to see any point in discontinuing it.
That's the reason I am still in this forum.

But I do agree that recovered people have little incentive to stay around while people dismiss their improvements, or get asked questions like: "Why are you still here?".

later don't complain like: "why there are just a few recoveries posted? is it permanent? is it possible to be back to my baseline?"

Hey Arahant,

I just want to say that personally, I'm really grateful that you have continued to take the time to help and respond to other people on the forum. I think it's really decent of you.
I'm sure many people feel the same.

We know that there are some drugs and supplements that have helped people (buspirone being one of them), so hopefully it'll become more apparent why they've helped some people and not others in different situations. Your points about suitable dosage and length of trial could well be accurate in some cases, since PSSD sufferers are often (understandably) so fearful of doing further damage, I definitely fall into that category.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

climb wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:56 pm Since PSSD sufferers are often (understandably) so fearful of doing further damage, I definitely fall into that category.
Sure, after nasty side effects trying 450 mg/day of bupropion, and living in hell for a month without taking anything.
My doctor convinced me to try buspirone. According to him, that's the medication he uses when his patients got issues after SSRIs (He also sent me studies/publications about it).
I was fucking scared so that I divided buspirone in 3x a day and increased only 5 mg every 1 - 2 months, and sometimes I reduced a bit, before increase again.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

arahant, so, buspirone alone aleviated symptoms of pssd such as genital anesthsia, no libido, loss of sensation, anhedonia?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Rem346 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:46 pm arahant, so, buspirone alone aleviated symptoms of pssd such as genital anesthsia, no libido, loss of sensation, anhedonia?
Yes and genital anesthesia was one anoying symptom after I quit Sertraline... But it's not a magic pill that makes you start chasing people at street like a sexual predador :shock: ... if someone take it expecting such a libido in weeks, that's easy to be frustrated.
But if you go to the literature, papers, including a patent of buspirone for treating sexual issues, you will see a totally different perspective than checking reddit/forums/etc where the majority comes to vent, which is understandable.
But I am kinda happy with it, also it's well known indication is being anti anxiety, it eased my anxiety without making me a zoombie like benzos or hydroxyzine.
It spent a lot of time adjusting its dose slowly.
The main downside of this drug is that its fastly eliminated, like 4-6 hours, with a peak around 1-1.5h..that's why I think 3x a day was a reasonable regimen. So, any other promising medication like prami, should be evaluated carefully without jumping to conclusions.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

Great, arahant, can you feel high?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Rem346 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:14 pm Great, arahant, can you feel high?
I wouldn't say high like the urban meaning of this word.
I feel great, with some ups and downs. I guess that's totally fine comparing to my prior state.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)