BurgerMile Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
BurgerMile

BurgerMile Intro

Unread post by BurgerMile »

Hello everybody.

I have been lurking in this forum as a guest for a couple months now.

I got SD and some mild degree of blunted emotions from paxil I thought would stop after discontinuation, yet after the doctor decided to switch meds because of some night anxiety attacks the problems remained the same and even got worse over the next days.

I was on paxil for several years and after that ten days on venlaxafine (from Aug 2 to Aug 12), which I decided to stop after reading about its own sexual side effects. Another doctor put me on mirtazapine, this i where I started to notice the numbed emotions problem getting much worse.

Although I feel less genital numbness whenever I raise the mirtazapine dosage those slight improvements don't outweight its severe effects on my emotions, so I've been trying to slowly get off it. I'm currently on 7.5mg mirt and 300mg SJW (3 weeks on this last one and I haven't felt any difference).

I'm more positive about the anhedonia recovery over the SD because 1)I'm still taking the drug that apparently killed off what was left of my emotions 2) I didn't take it for nearly as long as I did with the paxil.
I have been reading about "not jumping so fast into the PSSD rabbithole" and giving my body a shot to recover by itself naturally, but this is too distressing and I need a momentary anxiety relief that I'm afraid could only come from meds. I'm getting an appointment with my doctor in a week and I know what he's gonna suggest based on options I didn't want to take these past months because of the distrust this problem has caused.

He will suggest desvenlafaxine or vortioxetine.

Whenever I tell my doctor about PSSD or ANY permanent effects an antidepressant can cause he gets defensive and says I have those issues for different causes and even tells me I "just" have OCD or GAD, which is causing those absurd thoughts regarding the emotional numbness part.

What should I do? Buspar was discontinued in my country; that's not an option.

I read about Meso's consultation, but he has suspended his services . Is there a similar alternative? Someone with comparable knowledge I can get help from? I don't live in the US, so it would have to be someone willing to do it through internet.