Any experiences with reverting semen volume back?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: Any experiences with reverting semen volume back?

Unread post by arahant »

Just saying to give you hope, I took the same drug, experienced similar sides, and they are gone, in my case buspirone alone did the trick fixing shit orgasms and genital numbness from sertraline, and since it helps with anxiety too, It was there easier to wait...but there are also lucky ones that get back without taking anything.
Best,
Arahant.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I know, mate. Thanks.

I know buspirone along with bethanechol and apomorphine (possible metabolism regulator) are among the medicines I'd try in the future if I feel like, but so far I don't think I'll feel like/need to, specially since I'd say I'm above 92% healed so waiting for me is easier and I may not want to risk a natural complete heal with time alone.

I found quite a few actually, that sound promising, but these are the ones whose side effects didn't sound so bad and also among the most promising.

There's quite a lot of papers on buspirone, most research I did, I did on scientific papers and such. I'm not surprised buspar reverted things back for you, it's also one with not that common bad side effects, assuming one doesn't gets the not so common of course, it's the reason I demanded my ex psychiatrist to prescribe me some after I informed him of what kind of shit he's prescribing and not letting patients know.. he did apologized but in this case an apology is not a solace at all, yes? Meh.. whatever.. I may still sue his ass if I can/ feel like.. I'll probably forget about it when I completely heal, though.

I trust I won't need to take it and I probably won't because as far as I can see mine is but a protracted withdrawal that'll go completely away on its own sooner than later as I'm almost completely healed, keep slowly but steadily mproving and it's been less than six months.

Every case is different but It's great to hear results from buspirone first hand, beyond the scientific papers and regardless, for sure! As I told you I'm not that surprised cause my extensive and exhausting research lead to buspirone, among few others, too.

Thanks again, for replying at all, man. I'm happy to hear you've found your antidote.
Last edited by JakeLawe on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

This resolved on my buspirone Prozac combo.
Before, when I came it would come out very slow and thick. Now I shoot a few feet again. It’s not exactly like before where I might accidentally hit myself in the face, but it’s a huge improvement
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi arahant, i thought I was quoting infinitizer on that one.. i must have gotten confused. He recommends a book "The divided mind" i finished chapter 1.

Before that I've read "The emperor's new drugs" by Kirsch.. it says basically that ssris are "placebos with side effects" I actually think they're fully placebos and the "side effects" are also mind made or nocebo.. (there's this drug"tianeptine" basically does the opposite to SSRIs and people still claim it helps them with depression so the serotonin explanation of depression gets debunked, for example)

It me many things regardbeing psychosomatic explains to ing this phenomenon, anxiety and stress and sadness can affect hormones, etc

What's also messed up is why I almost had my first panic attack on my 38 years of life after the first dose (12.5 mg sertraline) of SSRI.. do SSRI induce anxiety? how? seems to me it was possibly my own anxiety.. the expectation and conditioning that SSRIs been here for a long time.. expectation anxiety is my hypothesis.

Either way after reading a bit of "The Divided Mind" I'm thinking that, after thinking one is being treated by an SSRI the depression or at least part of it manifests on a part of several parts of the body.. the depression itself is also a symptom to me so it's a symptom making other symptoms.. symptomception if one may ;).
That makes sense, I remember I watched a talk showing the placebo response to depression. The group at a young age had a lot of placebo responses, but it did not happen in the elderly population. So SSRIs for depression in young are likely to be a placebo with side effects.
But OCD/BDD/Hypochondriasis is a different history, this spectrum of issues are the ones who have basically ZERO response to placebo, and for obvious reasons, more likely to experience nocebo.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm There's this guy "Croboy" on hackstasis forum.. dude basically has a lot of he symptoms of this phenomenon. and he hasn't taken a ssri or finasteride or accutane in his life.. he experiences dry eyes, tight scrotum and others, including genital numbness.. he is clueless as to what it was, many think his diet.. my guess? ol anxiety/ stress/ sadness.. same as our cause, I'm leaning towards..
He has posted here too, it's obvious that his body worries and symptoms are causing a lot of distress, but claiming symptoms without taking any drug does not sound good here. So that he was basically ignored.
I guess he is lucky in some sense, because if he had taken any drug/AD/finasteride, he might have been claiming these as "cause" of these symptoms, even if he had lots of symptoms prior taking drugs.

I remember I read a study reviewing treatment of somatic/somatoform symptoms in a huge population, they concluded that it's better psychotherapy/CBT and lifestyle changes, because even if some drug might help, there's a huge risk of side effects becoming the focus of obsession and worries, which ends worsening the overall state and causing more issues.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm but of course I'm not 100% sure of anything except that for all means and purposes I'm heterosexual so whether placebo or non placebo and either way simply helping me with anxiety/ depression and therefore alleviating the psychosomatic symptoms I'm taking buspar too.. alongside bethanechol. SSRIS are supposed to be anticholinergics..bethanechol is pro cholinergic..

I feel bethanechol is restoring sensitivity (tho im taking it to restore ejaculation and proper urination) .. maybe is the buspar targeting 5HT1.. maybe is time alone and my body, maybe is my mind stopping being an asshole.. i lean towards either time or the last one.

One can go crazy trying to "figure out" this phenomenon.. the significance of it starting with the ingestion of ssri if course can make one think that was the cause..but what if it wasn't? what if the mind is an opportunist and took that moment or ingesting placebo to relieve a bit and transfer some (or all) of the trauma to the dick? (not the best survival mechanism, i reckon)

Either way these things should come with a warning mind made or not of course, i may still sue them..even when i get my 100% back.. for all the money I've lost etc..
I guess going crazy trying to "solve" something is a double edged sword, it can put a lot of distress, because it puts a lot of expectations, plans, frustrations etc etc etc...
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm How are you doing these days if i may ask. Is you genital sensitivity back? can you ejaculate normally? you have proper erotic dreams?
I feel my erotic dreams are mild.. sort of like im holding hands with my crush instead of fucking her brains out hahaha.
Yes to all questions. The meaning of "proper erotic dreams" for me is having dreams at all, which did not happen after SSRIs. Being "proper" is quite subjective, someone that have no erotic dreams may envy your "mild" dreams taking your pills.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm Genital sensitivity i feel is coming back again after plateuning for 4 months or so.. it may be the bethanechol + buspirone combo idk.
Both pills were tested with some suggestive results in helping delayed ejaculation, increasing sensitivity might be a reason.

"The drug treatment of delayed ejaculation"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001980/

And that's I think someone complaining about early ejaculation and PSSD sounds kinda unexpected, since SSRIs reduce the sensitivity a lot, and are also prescribed "off label" to delay ejaculation.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm Boy, i want to take a picture of all the supplements I've taken.. seems OCDish by itself to buy so many.. maybe not and just a normal response..
I can imagine...hoarding health supplements sounds kinda Hypochondriac too, which lies on the same anxiety fuel spectrum...I have close friends who are confessed hypochondriac and you cannot imagine the size of their "supplement" stack. Since no doctor would ever prescribe that at the same time.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm
Anyway, I'm taking 3 mg buspirone myself.. i felt taking 7.5 mg may be too much but i may up the dose at some point.

Is it the buspar targeting 5HT and reverting things back or is it making us less anxious as is an anxiolytic and thus alleviating the symptoms? or is it placebo too and our own minds alleviating things? who knows.

funny thing: in reading that even when one knows a pill may be placebo, as long as it's given by a "professional" or one knows the placebo effect can revert things back it still has the same effect!

The mind is a mysterious thing indeed.
Buspirone in low doses is useless in depressive symptoms. It was only found helping in doses above 40 mg per day were efficacious for acute MDD (Schweizer et al., 1986, Robinson et al., 1990). In fact, Blier and Ward (2003) contended that higher doses of azapirones were required in order to demonstrate efficacy in depression.

It has been found helping anxiety symptoms in low doses 15mg/day. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7714222/

This drug has very fast elimination, that's why it requires a lot of discipline on the dosing schedule.
But 3 mg/day can be just a placebo since no study has ever found a consistent response in such a dose...

I divide it in 3x a day, taking it 5-6 hours apart, I did not experienced any sexual results in doses less than 30 mg, only anxiety/emotional, and reducing my post-ad bruxism. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5914744/

but who knows? Maybe "placebo" is all you need.

Who knows if a mild dizziness/drowsiness on buspirone is enough to trigger you fears of damage, enough to make you quit?

I was freaked scared too, that's why I quit all drugs and took only buspirone for many months, increasing 5 mg every 1-2 months. and That's why I hold my anxiety for results, trying to keep a clean long-term trial.
JakeLawe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm Are you back 100% and are in this forum to help or you still have questions/ things to revert back yourself? if you don't mind me asking, tho I know there's no "why's", we are posting here and that's that.. I suppose im here cause feels less lonely to talk to someone that also experiences or experienced genital numbness.. mind-made or otherwise..
Feel free to take your time to "digest" my reply if you must.
Cheers, brother
I am 100% satisfied with my current state, I don't look much into past Sertraline, which was not a heaven either.
I registered this forum after getting improvements and I just wanted to share my experience and get some feedback.
It's works like an informal treatment log, that I can come back to remember stuff before appointments at the psychiatrist.

Note that my doctor prescribed me buspirone, I was told that's the drug he prescribe when people have issues with SSRIs, also in cases when persists after quitting. Bear in mind that I took Sertraline long term in full doses (150 mg/day), in theory enough to "fuck lots of receptors", it was not a panic attack at early phases, or one pill that pushed me to discontinue it. Actually, my agoraphobia was cured and still gone.

If it helps someone, I am glad for it.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
dangerwood

Unread post by dangerwood »

Yes my semen volume is back to normal now. I went 3 years with little to no semen coming out whenever I ejaculated, now I can shoot out 7-8 times sometimes now when ejaculating.
We're all gonna make it brah
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

Hey Bro,

sertraline messed up my testicles too.

what helped me so far against my sertraline side effects:

Berberine!
2 x 500 mg since a week now and it s the first time in 3 years, that I lost a lot of weight (watery fat). my fat is more crisp now and I lost 2 - 4 kg in one week (try to eat more, am a bodybuilder). helped also with my pssd tremendously.
I THINK, EVERYBODY WHO GOT MESSED UP WITH SERTRALINE SHOULD TAKE BERBERINE (sigma 1 receptor agonist <> sigma 1 receptor antagonist/sertraline)

Inositol boosts my testicles everytime....
tribulus boosts definitely my semen volume. makes it less watery too.
mianserin shall boost testicles too... perhaps you can do a research regarding this.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

@CN9, have you experienced any improvements with sensation aspect?
JakeLawe

arahant wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 am [
but who knows? Maybe "placebo" is all you need.
Possibly! I mean I'm taking such small doses and could feel the buspar from day one!

I get a "funny feeling" in the head.. I suppose is dizziness.. goes away rather quick, then I'm more social at work and don't even feel the desire for weed as I used to.(not that i think weed is "bad" tho). so I'm already feeling the buspar! so far i like it! think it may be giving me better dreams too.. I usually have nightmares and i don't remember a nightmare yesterday!

I'd say I also felt the sertraline the first hour so there's that..

If it's placebo reverting things back.. so be it! hahaha.

Hey, thank you for the reply!
JakeLawe

dangerwood wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 am Yes my semen volume is back to normal now. I went 3 years with little to no semen coming out whenever I ejaculated, now I can shoot out 7-8 times sometimes now when ejaculating.
That's a long ass time, bro. But better than never indeed.

Thank you for replying!
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

kpavel wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:33 pm @CN9, have you experienced any improvements with sensation aspect?
yes!