Any point in going forward?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
BrokenDoll

Any point in going forward?

Unread post by BrokenDoll »

Hi all,

Not expecting replies on this but they'd be appreciated as I'm at a very low point and dont know where to turn to.
Long story short: F, 27, PSSD since 2014 (150mg Sertraline) and I haven't had any windows of libido since. Basically complete hyposexuality, haven't been turned on since I was 21. I am also badly anhedonic and frankly very suicidal.

I hate posting here as I dont want anyone to feel bad over anything I post. I am absolutely sick of my life and how I feel like I live in limbo. I wanted so much to fall in love and I dont see that happening for me at all as I dont have an interest in men anymore.

I'm desperate to get a window so I'm going to try meds again. Not SSRIs, but something. I'm sick of going to doctors who just dismiss this condition though.

Has anyone heard of PSSD rendering someone completely asexual for years with 0 windows somehow ending up getting at least somewhat better? I'm so bitter that this has happened to me. I want so much to be a wife and mother.
Kk88

Re: Any point in going forward?

Unread post by Kk88 »

Hey Broken doll,

F here too - 11 years PSSD. I have been through some really low times just like you, but Ive had 2 very short (drug induced) windows now, which has taught me two things -

1. There is hope. Your body isn't irreversibly broken. You can be fixed.
2. Life with PSSD sucks, but if you get fixed, things won't suddenly all be amazing. Life with PSSD can be good too.

People here are making so much progress all the time. If you feel that low then you are in a good place to try the slightly less researched meds, because for now you have nothing to lose. Have you tried Wellbutrin?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Hi, I'm f of 32 with pssd from over 6.
in the forum there is the experience of a Bunny girl who had improvements taking Lithium.

Also I am intrigued by Vyleesi that is a drug that acts on melanocortin, recently approved for female hypoxuality of young women. It self-injects itself shortly before the desired effect. A doctor in London said that one of his male patients with PSSD improved immediately after the first injection.
pterostilbene

Unread post by pterostilbene »

Gone.
Last edited by pterostilbene on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

I've looked for some info about you. Did you try only "Maca Root, Inositol and Choline, and L-Tyrosine"? You also mention OCD and dry skin. Have you tried inositol for ocd? In this case that is not the only natural treatment. By far. You have pssd and all those things a little longer than me. Look into earthclinic site at least.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Heyyy,

I'm a 34 year old guy with what I presume as PSSD for about 12 years. I have absolutely never had a window. I began having these issues while taking Citalopram. Currently, I'm on Lexapro and I have to admit, I owe everything to this medication. There's no way I would still be alive without it since Lexapro and Citalopram are the only two meds that I had any depression relief from.

If you reach the point of committing suicide, just try a med. Actually, try anything! If you know you have nothing to lose, then why not? Don't let this condition, whatever it is, defeat you. Find SOME way to carry on, even if it means relying on something akin to what caused it all.

With regards to meds, I should also point out that no one here really knows if they have PSSD or not. I'm not denying it's existence because it's basically all I have to go on, but some of the claims made on here and the Reddit pages are frankly questionable at best.

If you feel like you can't be accepted as a wife, mother, woman, whatever, then you need to find someone who will appreciate you. The more honest you are with your potential partner, the more they will understand. This forum is a good example of a judgment free zone because you opened up to everyone.

Keep fighting, Broken Doll!
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

See my post. Try the combo. Works wonders
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Hey BrokenDoll,

You should not comes to a mentality that "Nothing to loose". PSSD or any illness(if you continuously not feel physical pain) alone cannot break a human but his/her emotions can. PSSD induce some emotions that you feel you are broken and miserable you can't be fixed. But that feeling is totally wrong. because that feeling is anxiety and panic and sadness mixed feeling. You can make your mind up to a place where you can live happily with confidence once you conquer your bad emotions. The good thing is you can do it with PSSD too.
I am 32 Y male with near 0 libido and I struggled with anxiety lived a very unhappy life fro 12 years. I thought it because I have PSSD and no libido to make me feel good. But I was wrong,
with reduced anxiety I feel the happiness in life. Now this reduced libido level is my 'New normal' and I am OK with it. Just eliminated that suffering part from anxiety.
Any way we all possibly die in within next 50 years. Our sexual interest important to us at most we get 55 years(Specially women as I know) then most people will get less craving after pass that age. So why we suffer for a thing that not permanent any way.
Wim Hof breathing method is good starting point to reduce anxiety. Studying Buddhism will make you understand how mind an life work. Please refer 'Coping mechanism' thread for my more comments.
Always here to support for anyone..
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Hey, lady. Have you tried this one?: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremelanotide

Check it out:
https://www.mensjournal.com/features/th ... -20120807/

I think is rather new FDA approved. May be only temporary I don't know, but if it works it may stick around. Says there's some possible side effects on the skin so there's that and of course all this under your own risk l. Research ALL possible side effects, common and not common.

Other things I'd suggest: Buspirone and Bethanechol. Mind you, I haven't tried either, mainly cause I don't really have pssd but research a bit, they sound promising.. and at least two members here claim buspirone to have reverted things for them. Again: research ALL possible side effects, common and non common! (Listed as full list of sidr effects in Wikipedia) all this under your own risk.

Libido to me comes naturally as the 'force of life', from this perspective I'd try painting, playing music/ an instrument, drawing, watching a comedy show, watching art, playing a sport... Even if at first may seem that you aren't feeling it. Just do it? Make a habit of it, I'd say is worthy.

Also: Crying , I feel , is underrated.. listen to some sad music, melancholy piano.. listen to a song you know can make you cry.. close your eyes.. and let yourself cry... make the effort. Tears are sacred and if you ask me: they heal.. and they're a gate to the force of life!

I too, would feel the same if I was you. God feell EXACTLY as you do. Love and compassion.
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

BrokenDoll wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:24 am Hi all,

Not expecting replies on this but they'd be appreciated as I'm at a very low point and dont know where to turn to.
Long story short: F, 27, PSSD since 2014 (150mg Sertraline) and I haven't had any windows of libido since. Basically complete hyposexuality, haven't been turned on since I was 21. I am also badly anhedonic and frankly very suicidal.

I hate posting here as I dont want anyone to feel bad over anything I post. I am absolutely sick of my life and how I feel like I live in limbo. I wanted so much to fall in love and I dont see that happening for me at all as I dont have an interest in men anymore.

I'm desperate to get a window so I'm going to try meds again. Not SSRIs, but something. I'm sick of going to doctors who just dismiss this condition though.

Has anyone heard of PSSD rendering someone completely asexual for years with 0 windows somehow ending up getting at least somewhat better? I'm so bitter that this has happened to me. I want so much to be a wife and mother.
You are suicidal and willing to try an anti-depressant... IMO, you should try lithium carbonate.
Lithium is the best med to avoid suicidal ideation. Also, there is 1 member called Bunny (female) that healed 100% using it. She said that she started to feel better after something like 1 month on the drug. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2262

There is another member that says he's 80% back to normal using lithium. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3763

Don't give up. Try to be around friends and family. Find a hobby. I know this sounds cliche but it helps.