Any point in going forward?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Maxin

Re: Any point in going forward?

Unread post by Maxin »

anacleta wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:28 am Hi, I'm f of 32 with pssd from over 6.
in the forum there is the experience of a Bunny girl who had improvements taking Lithium.

Also I am intrigued by Vyleesi that is a drug that acts on melanocortin, recently approved for female hypoxuality of young women. It self-injects itself shortly before the desired effect. A doctor in London said that one of his male patients with PSSD improved immediately after the first injection.
So weird I was only today reading about a lexapro study and melanocortin. Check this out:

The ability of escitalopram to alter HPA axis reactivity in both control and CeA CRF-OE rats suggests that the control rats were also experiencing elevated stress relative to control subjects in other studies in which the effects of escitalopram are exclusive to the group exposed to stress (Hesketh et al., 2005; Uys et al., 2006). However, escitalopram has previously been demonstrated to decrease expression of proopiomelanocortin (POMC), a precursor to ACTH production, in rats in the absence of stress exposure (Jensen et al., 1999). This supports a role for escitalopram in HPA axis regulation in “control” subjects
throwaway

Unread post by throwaway »

__
Last edited by throwaway on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

throwaway wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:28 am Hey girl, don't feel like pssd prevents you from being a wife and mother. I'm around your age and have been in a 7 year relationship all while having pssd. He doesn't suspect a thing. This isn't how I met my guy but get on dating websites, be upfront about your condition, and I'm sure you'll find someone who accepts you as you are and still wants to raise a family with you.
Fake