drz47p Intro & Story

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
JP1985

Re: drz47p Intro & Story

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hey drz47p

What’s your latest update from the resveratol and tribulus? Did the improvements last?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
drz47p

Unread post by drz47p »

I dropped tribulus at about the 9/10 day mark as it wasn't doing anything. Still taking 200mg/d resveratrol, which seems to keep me slightly above baseline - probably 10% improvement in PSSD symptoms
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

What does the 10% take you to overall? Which parts of PSSD does it improve?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
drz47p

Unread post by drz47p »

JP1985 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:41 pm What does the 10% take you to overall? Which parts of PSSD does it improve?
10%, maybe 20% better than baseline PSSD. Still a fraction of pre-SSRI sexual function. Resveratrol improves desire, arousal, erection, orgasm and ejaculate volume for me. Alternatively, these improvements could be a random window, but I'll figure that out when I stop using resveratrol.
drz47p

Unread post by drz47p »

Another update.

As outlined in my original post, I experienced worsening sexual dysfunction with various antidepressants (escitalopram, then citalopram). I eventually discontinued for this reason. Thereafter, I developed PSSD (total loss of libido, numbness, shrivelled penis etc). Eventually, I became so depressed over this I had to go back on antidepressants (mirtazapine, then venlafaxine, then vortioxetine). None of these have improved PSSD symptoms.

Recently, when thinking about the various antidepressants I used, I realised I had the best sexual function on escitalopram. Based on an alternative (and hopeful) hypothesis that my symptoms are actually caused by depression, I switched from vortioxetine (10mg) to escitalopram (10mg) several days ago. For me, it seems to be more effective for social anxiety (my original diagnosis). So far, I am feeling some dizziness & sedation which should hopefully stabilise.

My current regime:
Escitalopram 10mg
Resveratrol 200mg
BCAA (10g) with L-tyrosine (1g)

I have been getting windows a little more frequently. I will continue with this regime for a little longer. Next, I will be try adding L-carnitine in search of further improvements.

Has anyone in the UK been able to source yohimbine? I am looking to try it in the future
drz47p

Unread post by drz47p »

Initial improvements experienced with resveratrol seem to have dissipated. Just taking 1g tyrosine daily now. Will see psychiatrist soon and hopefully get buspirone prescribed.
drz47p

Unread post by drz47p »

No improvement with tyrosine. Stopped it and resveratrol. Psychiatrist prescribed bupropion which I have been taking for 6 weeks. I was taking 300mg and noticed some intermittent improvements, but I think this was all due to the insomnia & sleep deprivation it caused me. I am trying 150mg now to stop the insomnia, but I think I will have to stop this drug soon