PSSD ?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by arahant »

JP1985 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 am Don't put unrealistic expectations like a pill giving you sexual urges. This stuff started to happen after I started to experience better sensation, less genital numbness, when I matched the time for any sexual activity after 1-1.5 h of taking it. libido was not the primary effect but a consequence, like better sensations triggered the beginning of urges/libido long term.

Hi Arahant

This is great for me to read that buspirone helped with sensation! How much does it help you? What % do you feel recovered sensation wise? It’s my main concern! I have sex drive but my sensation is so bad now.. I feel like it’s 20% what it should be. Orgasm about 50%. My sex drive is still quite high but just wish my sensation would improve!

Can I ask a few questions?

How long has it helped you for?
What medication gave you numbness?
How long did it take for you to feel better sensation?
Do you drink alcohol?

Thanks, JP
Hey JP, sorry I missed your questions, and I got a quoting notification.
How long has it helped you for?
It is still helping since I first posted, it is more than a year.
What medication gave you numbness?
Sertraline.
How long did it take for you to feel better sensation?
It took the time to find a proper dosage while balancing its side effects.
Do you drink alcohol?
Rarely, and no more than two glasses of wine.

As Thomas said above, I have a long thread if you want to know mode details: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3480&start=60
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Ok, will have a read soon, thanks for reply 😀
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

im suprised you haven't seen any effect. I suppose you could try it up to two weeks and if still no improvement, then drop it. whether you quit today or in 2 weeks, do a slow taper.
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

sovietxrobot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am im suprised you haven't seen any effect. I suppose you could try it up to two weeks and if still no improvement, then drop it. whether you quit today or in 2 weeks, do a slow taper.
Ok maybe I'll make another try later. Thks.
Vercingétorix

arahant wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:05 pm
Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am Ok finally I've got a prescription of buspirone from my doctor (a general practitioner). He was very surprised when I told him buspirone could increase libido, I had to ask him to make a quick search on the internet to convince him.

I have a question for those who have already taken buspirone : at which dose do you advise me to start the treatement ? And after how long can I expect some libido improvements ? My doctor told me to start 10mg/day, but he doesn't seem to know this product very well.
Refer to: https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1987004621A1/en

It is per case basis, but they noticed 30 - 60 mg range as optimal. The average dose of the group was 45 mg.
But it depends on the sides, I got dizziness if I take 15 mg at a time for example, then I take my daily dose divided in 3 times. I was at 20 mg 3x a day, but I am tapering down, because got much dizziness, the maximum dose seems to be also effective in GAD too.. it has rapid elimination too, so better optimizing the time you take it with any incoming sexual activity.
Hi arahant, have you already read the reviews about buspirone on drugs.com ? Some users who had an ssri induced sexual dusfunction report a big improvement in their erection and libido after only one month or even a few days of treatement. Do you think it could be some people who respond very positively to buspirone ? Or fake reviews ?

https://www.drugs.com/comments/buspiron ... duced.html
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:45 pm
arahant wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:05 pm
Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am Ok finally I've got a prescription of buspirone from my doctor (a general practitioner). He was very surprised when I told him buspirone could increase libido, I had to ask him to make a quick search on the internet to convince him.

I have a question for those who have already taken buspirone : at which dose do you advise me to start the treatement ? And after how long can I expect some libido improvements ? My doctor told me to start 10mg/day, but he doesn't seem to know this product very well.
Refer to: https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1987004621A1/en

It is per case basis, but they noticed 30 - 60 mg range as optimal. The average dose of the group was 45 mg.
But it depends on the sides, I got dizziness if I take 15 mg at a time for example, then I take my daily dose divided in 3 times. I was at 20 mg 3x a day, but I am tapering down, because got much dizziness, the maximum dose seems to be also effective in GAD too.. it has rapid elimination too, so better optimizing the time you take it with any incoming sexual activity.
Hi arahant, have you already read the reviews about buspirone on drugs.com ? Some users who had an ssri induced sexual dusfunction report a big improvement in their erection and libido after only one month or even a few days of treatement. Do you think it could be some people who respond very positively to buspirone ? Or fake reviews ?

https://www.drugs.com/comments/buspiron ... duced.html
I have seen these reviews. Regading being trusted or not, it's up to you.
You also don't know the dose they are taking, to assume you must have had the results within the same timeframe.
Most of the reports on the internet are voluntary and anonymous.
Be careful not valuing negative reports more reasonable than positive ones. We all suffer from negativity bias.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Vercingétorix

arahant wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:23 pm
Be careful not valuing negative reports more reasonable than positive ones. We all suffer from negativity bias.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias
Interesting.
Vercingétorix

Vercingétorix wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:36 pm
sovietxrobot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am im suprised you haven't seen any effect. I suppose you could try it up to two weeks and if still no improvement, then drop it. whether you quit today or in 2 weeks, do a slow taper.
Ok maybe I'll make another try later. Thks.
Ok I 've found something new, it seems that mucuna + yohimbe is efficient for me on erectil dysfunction. They don't work by their own (or just a little), but their association is very efficient, I mean mucuna daily and yohimbe punctually. I'm on currently on mucuna 750 mg (=300 mg levodopa) and I take yohimbe a least 2 hours before masturbation, and my erection is much better. I haven't tried it before a sexual intercourse yet.
This improvement could be due to dopamine increase, because from what I know, yohimbe also increases dopamine.

Someone here told me that he had at first a big improvement with mucuna, and then a crash, so I have to be careful. Maybe I should take mucuna for one month and then stop it for a few weeks before the next cure, what do you think sovietx ?
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Yohimbine also increases norepinephrine, which is an important part of sexual response. I imagine any psychotropic medication could give you a crash, there is always a risk. PSSD sufferers seem to be much more sensitive to withdrawal, even dose reduction. So, if you want to come off of dopa mucuna, do a slow taper. I would do something like reduce by 12.5mg every 2 weeks, although that is VERY cautious. definitely do not stop abruptly.
Vercingétorix

sovietxrobot wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 am Yohimbine also increases norepinephrine, which is an important part of sexual response. I imagine any psychotropic medication could give you a crash, there is always a risk. PSSD sufferers seem to be much more sensitive to withdrawal, even dose reduction. So, if you want to come off of dopa mucuna, do a slow taper. I would do something like reduce by 12.5mg every 2 weeks, although that is VERY cautious. definitely do not stop abruptly.
You mean 12.5 mg or 125 mg ? I take 750 mg /day, so a reduction of 12.5 mg every 2 weeks would be very very long.
Have you already tried to associate mucuna with yohimbe or another product ?