PSSD ?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Vercingétorix

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Vercingétorix wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:12 pm
arahant wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Many months, I have a thread here, I improved a lot... mostly because I had to deal with drowsiness increasing the dosage slowly, the drowsiness lasted about 1-1.5 h on average bafter taking it, that's why I scheduled any sexual activity for after this period, I noticed that talking alongside meals helped to reduce the short term hypoglycemia induced by this drug https://www.ijpsonline.com/articles/eff ... umans.html
I have one question again : is it a problem if I take buspirone + natural suplements (inositol and maca for example) ? No interactions ?
It is up to you.

I took it alone for many months for consistency, because I didn't want to mess, then later it is difficult to know what is helping, worsening or not.

Less is better in my opinion, making one change at a time and I avoiding the tendency of stacking a pile of 20+ shit which may charge you an larger frustration if it won't work, also because it's difficult to discern.

Maca tastes good on smoothies for example, the only food that I heard that is dangerous is grapefruit and pomegranates.
Maca + inositol has been my habitual treatement for months, so I know their effects already and I don't think I will confuse them and buspirone's effects. And I'm a afraid buspirone is not enough for a big improvement, so I think I am going to continue these 2 products.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:56 am
Vercingétorix wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:12 pm

I have one question again : is it a problem if I take buspirone + natural suplements (inositol and maca for example) ? No interactions ?
It is up to you.

I took it alone for many months for consistency, because I didn't want to mess, then later it is difficult to know what is helping, worsening or not.

Less is better in my opinion, making one change at a time and I avoiding the tendency of stacking a pile of 20+ shit which may charge you an larger frustration if it won't work, also because it's difficult to discern.

Maca tastes good on smoothies for example, the only food that I heard that is dangerous is grapefruit and pomegranates.
Maca + inositol has been my habitual treatement for months, so I know their effects already and I don't think I will confuse them and buspirone's effects. And I'm a afraid buspirone is not enough for a big improvement, so I think I am going to continue these 2 products.
You are making one change at a time, then you just added buspirone. That's sounds good man. Be sure to give it time to kick in and adjusting the dosage accordingly.

Don't put unrealistic expectations like a pill giving you sexual urges. This stuff started to happen after I started to experience better sensation, less genital numbness, when I matched the time for any sexual activity after 1-1.5 h of taking it. libido was not the primary effect but a consequence, like better sensations triggered the beginning of urges/libido long term.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Sam_1

Unread post by Sam_1 »

Buspar seems to help greatly with erection quality but it gives me brain zaps, nerve pain. Did these go away with time?
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Don't put unrealistic expectations like a pill giving you sexual urges. This stuff started to happen after I started to experience better sensation, less genital numbness, when I matched the time for any sexual activity after 1-1.5 h of taking it. libido was not the primary effect but a consequence, like better sensations triggered the beginning of urges/libido long term.

Hi Arahant

This is great for me to read that buspirone helped with sensation! How much does it help you? What % do you feel recovered sensation wise? It’s my main concern! I have sex drive but my sensation is so bad now.. I feel like it’s 20% what it should be. Orgasm about 50%. My sex drive is still quite high but just wish my sensation would improve!

Can I ask a few questions?

How long has it helped you for?
What medication gave you numbness?
How long did it take for you to feel better sensation?
Do you drink alcohol?

Thanks, JP
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi Arahant.. did you miss my message above?
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Vercingétorix

JP1985 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:04 am Hi Arahant.. did you miss my message above?
You should quote his message when you ask something to him, so he will get a message in his box to inform him he's been qoted.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:27 am
JP1985 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:04 am Hi Arahant.. did you miss my message above?
You should quote his message when you ask something to him, so he will get a message in his box to inform him he's been qoted.
Ok thanks
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

arahant wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 am
Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:56 am
It is up to you.

You are making one change at a time, then you just added buspirone. That's sounds good man. Be sure to give it time to kick in and adjusting the dosage accordingly.

Hi Arahant, just quoting you so hopefully you get an email letting you know.

I asked a few questions Above if you can have a look, thanks
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

You will find some answers here: viewtopic.php?t=3480

Arahant has very well documented his story, many thanks to him.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Vercingétorix

sovietxrobot wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:48 pm They both started working very quickly for me. I have a friend (without PSSD) who gets same-day benefits from taking DM. I'm surprised you haven't seen any benefit. You may want to stop and trying some other things first, DM is not to be taken lightly. You can get prolactin levels tested as an imperfect proxy for dopamine levels. I would say switch to escitalopram first, then try adding buspar. If that doesnt help enough, you can add mirtazipine or trazodone. These two in particular target the serotonin receptors most associated with sexual dysfunction.
I started a mucuna cure 5 days ago, 500 mg/ day (l-dopa 40 %), and I have no improvement, I wonder if I should consider that mucuna is ineffective for me, or if I should continue to see the results. What do you think ?