PSSD ?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Vercingétorix

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

tonyareias wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:44 pm
Vercingétorix wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 am
sovietxrobot wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:36 pm
Yohimbine is a good one to try, it will boost norepinephrine levels. It can be quite stimulating, so start with low dosages. You will acclimate to this effect over time.
Is it better to take yohimbine every day or only before a sexual intercourse ?
To take as need (1h before sex). Avoid regular (every day), Yohimbine can cause anxiety and high blood pressure.
I have a low blood pressure, so I guess yohimbine will not cause high pressure to me, what do you think ?
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

If you try, start at low dose.
Vercingétorix

tonyareias wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:39 pm If you try, start at low dose.
ok.
I keep it for an occasionnal use for now, maybe in the future i'll try it daily at a low dose.
Vercingétorix

After 5 months of experimenting plants and natural complements, I've found maca, inositol and yohimbe to bring a good improvement to me, but not enough to really enjoy my sexual life again. I have to see my doctor soon for my usual medicine prescription, I am tempted by asking him a prescription of buspirone.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:44 pm After 5 months of experimenting plants and natural complements, I've found maca, inositol, and yohimbe to bring a good improvement to me, but not enough to really enjoy my sexual life again. I have to see my doctor soon for my usual medicine prescription, I am tempted by asking him a prescription of buspirone.
Take care of not confusing Yohimbe as Yohimbine.
They are completely different.

Yohimbine shares a few similarities with buspirone. 5-HT1A action and secondary 5-HT2a antagonism.
But yohimbine is eliminated fastly, in some cases in 30 min to 1 h. Making it difficult to experience its benefits the whole day.
Buspirone half-life is about 3-4 h, an extended-release table was tested but it looks like it never hit the market.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11452712/
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Vercingétorix

arahant wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:02 pm
Take care of not confusing Yohimbe as Yohimbine.
They are completely different.

Yohimbine shares a few similarities with buspirone. 5-HT1A action and secondary 5-HT2a antagonism.
But yohimbine is eliminated fastly, in some cases in 30 min to 1 h. Making it difficult to experience its benefits the whole day.
Buspirone half-life is about 3-4 h, an extended-release table was tested but it looks like it never hit the market.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11452712/
That's weird. Yohimbine is the main alkaloid of yohimbe, so the effects should be similar.
Vercingétorix

Ok finally I've got a prescription of buspirone from my doctor (a general practitioner). He was very surprised when I told him buspirone could increase libido, I had to ask him to make a quick search on the internet to convince him.

I have a question for those who have already taken buspirone : at which dose do you advise me to start the treatement ? And after how long can I expect some libido improvements ? My doctor told me to start 10mg/day, but he doesn't seem to know this product very well.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am Ok finally I've got a prescription of buspirone from my doctor (a general practitioner). He was very surprised when I told him buspirone could increase libido, I had to ask him to make a quick search on the internet to convince him.

I have a question for those who have already taken buspirone : at which dose do you advise me to start the treatement ? And after how long can I expect some libido improvements ? My doctor told me to start 10mg/day, but he doesn't seem to know this product very well.
The highest dose is 30mg twice a day. That is what I am taking right now. There is no way your body will be able to handle this well if you are just starting it. I do suggest starting at 10mg twice a day and gradually increasing to the maximum dose. Also be hopeful, but don't see your expectations too high.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I was hyper from twice a day 5mg, i wouldnt start with 10 at once
Vercingétorix

Ok, thanks for your responses. I think I gonna try 5mg twice a day for a start.
Jaxx wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:44 am I was hyper from twice a day 5mg, i wouldnt start with 10 at once
What do you mean by hyper ?