Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:52 pm Well, I decided to bite the bullet and give Buspirone a try since I responded so well to it more than 12 years ago while I took it a along with Prozac. Back then I was on very high doses of Prozac and 60mg Buspirone. Since they are almost opposing forces in some sense – – when it comes to libido and function – – I am hoping I can keep the dose much lower since I will be taking it alone. Today was day three at 5 mg three times per day. I have not had any side effects other than a mild headache. I used to have extremely severe OCD and fortunately have recovered 95% over the course of the last 12 years without any medications; using only cognitive diversion and supplements. I will post back my experience with the Buspirone.
Best of luck, buspirone has been studied much more in women.

Try to have intercourse like after 1-1.5 h after a pill.
There is also a company optimizing the dosage alongside small dose testosterone for the best result, and also put a new patented drug on the market.
As far as I know, buspirone has a very rapid elimination, so optimizing the usage is a must.

The last publication was just about checking pharmacokinetics and food influence on plasma concentration.
Then they plan to have a protocol optimized to be used on demand, lots of data analysis, precision and personalized medicine.

Gerritsen J, Bloemers J, Van Rooij K, De Leede L, Van der Geest R, Frijlink H, Koppeschaar H, Olivier B, Tuiten A. The effect of food on the pharmacokinetics of buspirone after single administration of a sublingual testosterone and oral buspirone combination tablet in healthy female subjects. Accepted for publication in Sex Med

https://emotionalbrain.nl/?page_id=27

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02101203

The study was done on middle-aged women, N=497
http://www.pharmajournalist.com/emotion ... -lybridos/

" Lybridos is specifically designed for women with FSIAD as a result of an overactive sexual inhibition system in the brain. Results reveal incredible changes in satisfactory sexual events from baseline as compared to placebo and monotherapy thus outdoing placebo and monotherapy eventually."
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Here there is the early study for checking dosage and timed release, to hit the peak concentration within a few hours.
Pharmacokinetics of a Prototype Formulation of Sublingual Testosterone and a Buspirone
Tablet, Versus an Advanced Combination Tablet of Testosterone and Buspirone in Healthy
Premenopausal Women
https://www.rug.nl/research/portal/file ... 0047_7.pdf
It shows how important is to optimize the dosage and timing.

I suspect that many who did not have results also missed the peak concentration while trying to have sex. Maybe they were expecting a huge libido too.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

Arahant, I’m curious why you chose to take Buspirone in three daily divided doses versus two. Back in the day when I used to take it I only took two doses and my doctor also prescribed it as two doses. I am currently doing three divided doses but wondering if two would be better because each dose would be slightly larger and possibly beneficial in terms of higher peak concentrations. Would like your thoughts.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:16 am Arahant, I’m curious why you chose to take Buspirone in three daily divided doses versus two. Back in the day when I used to take it I only took two doses and my doctor also prescribed it as two doses. I am currently doing three divided doses but wondering if two would be better because each dose would be slightly larger and possibly beneficial in terms of higher peak concentrations. Would like your thoughts.
Alexc,

In the beginning, I was prescribed at two doses, but I had lots of drowsiness taking 2 x 7.5 mg, which is the usual starting dose.

Then my pdoc recommended dividing 15 mg pills in 3 x 5 mg (which is possible with the generic buspar 15 mg pill that is sold in the USA), and taking it 3x a day.

Note: I was prescribed buspirone by a p-doc for dealing with persistent SSRI sexual side effects, I did not know about buspirone that time.

That was a trial for dealing with side effects, later on, I increased by 5 mg every month, starting by the night time dosage.
Luckily, the most probable time of having sex is at night time, which coincided with my larger dose fraction/day.

After reading the links I posted above about the optimization of Lybridos for dealing with low sexual desire and low sexual satisfaction.
If you look at the graphs, there's a sharp peak after a few hours, but it is eliminated fastly.

I am believing that it took longer to kick in because of the combination of adjusting dosage and matching sexual events acordingly.

Maybe 2x a day is okay to you since you are not having many sides.
3x a day may only increase your daily chances (by 50%) of having sex at its peak absorption.

Take care,

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

arahant wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:17 am I took hydroxyzine in very small doses (1/2 25mg tablet) just for a few months just to regulate my sleep.
It is strong, very sedative. I quit because it was messing with my marriage, I was snoring loud :oops: and sleeping like 10-12 h /day.
But it is also a weak 5-HT2A antagonist, like buspirone, Mirtapazine, and weaker than Cyproheptadine.
It got also increased appetite taking hydroxyzine.
I did not take hydroxyzine enough time to know if it helped in libido and etc...Buspirone alone was enough, and it took a lot of time.
thanks for your answer! I just have one more question: when did you notice there was something "going on"? I mean, after how many days did you start to feel buspar was helping your sexual function?
I know you have used it for months before finally feeling normal again, but did it start to work overnight or it slowly build up throughout the days?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Halan wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:07 pm thanks for your answer! I just have one more question: when did you notice there was something "going on"? I mean, after how many days did you start to feel buspar was helping your sexual function?
I know you have used it for months before finally feeling normal again, but did it start to work overnight or it slowly build up throughout the days?
Slowly building up improvements in general, It was not magical, maybe because time was needed to find a proper dosage. But one day I noticed something happened, like a real orgasm satisfaction, also feeling gosebumps. I did a research on the internet and I found that patent showing the optimial dose being between 30-60 mg, and maybe not by coincidence I was inside this range. And it was something that I hadn't experienced after quiting sertraline for years, and no other stuff I tried even gave 1% of the experience I had on buspirone.

One thing to note, I didn't have depressive symtoms even before sertraline, just excess anxiety. Maybe buspirone alone is not enough for someone that had/has history of depression.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Hi Bro,
Have you ever take cyproheptadine prior to buspirone? Last year Meso asked me to try Cypro but still I couldn't because of excessive anxiety. But now I can try both cypro and buspirone. Any suggestion to select a one first..
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

dann888 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:02 pm Hi Bro,
Have you ever take cyproheptadine prior to buspirone? Last year Meso asked me to try Cypro but still I couldn't because of excessive anxiety. But now I can try both cypro and buspirone. Any suggestion to select a one first..
I have never taken cyproheptadine.

Do you still have excessive anxiety?

Under a real doctor supervision, pick the one which is proven to help with it and adjust the dosage over time.
Maybe you can get two benefits, low anxiety and better sexual experience.

Take care.

Arahant.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

I have now only some minor anxiety. It's varying each day. OK let's see I should get the prescription first..
Thanks.
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

Update on my Buspirone trial. Today is day 15. In the first 11 days I had a mild to moderate increase in anxiety symptoms -- felt like I drank too much coffee, sweating, had to divert my anxious thoughts a bit. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I also had a definite increase in intermittent headaches and related increase in tinnitus volume. (I got tinnitus and jaw clicking from a 6 week trial of Buproprion ~18 year ago. It never went away but the volume went down after a while.) I had some difficulty falling asleep but nothing I couldn't handle. I started on 5mg twice a day and increased every 2-3 days. I am currently on 3x/day - 7.5 each dose (22.5). On the morning of day 12 I woke up with lessened anxiety symptoms. The 12th night I had an erotic dream. Daytime, I am still the same functionally and with libido--next to nil. Over the course of my 12 years with PSSD, I started having windows of semi-normalcy (~70% normal function and increase in libido with ability to let my mind think in the fantasy realm). The windows would come randomly--sometimes a few months apart, sometimes more. The windows lasted from days to weeks but never stayed. All during those 12 years I never took any Psych RX, only natural vitamins, minerals & amino acids. For some odd reason, I haven't had a window in more than 8 mos. My husband recently started doing testosterone pellets and his libido has ramped up, so the imbalance in our sex drives has started to become an issue. I am struggling with this because I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX. I want to want to have sex, but in my current condition, I feel like I want to punch my husband, rather than have sex with him because I have NO libido what-so-ever. I'm really struggling with even going through the motions because along with having no libido, I often feel no affection, only annoyance. Part of my PSSD symptoms are a dip in ability to feel love. I know I love my husband intellectually, but it's hard since the emotion is flat. I am fortunate that 95% of my anxiety is at bay and I am not depressed, I just don't feel "joy" or love... I often feel annoyance or indifference. I am hoping and praying the Buspirone brings me back to life -- physically and emotionally. As I mentioned before, I did respond well to Buspirone (60mg) when I was taking HIGH doses of Prozac at the same time so I'm hopeful I will feel benefits on its own. I plan to get up to 30mg in the next week and hold there for a while. It seems most people see benefit in the 30-60mg range. Sorry for the rant, but this has been weighing me down lately.