Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
defmyst

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by defmyst »

HereToHeal wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 pm
arahant wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:17 am
Zabar96 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:47 pmAny updates ?
Complete recovery, I think my sexual life today is better than before sertraline.
Sex is much more enjoyable and I either have sex or masturbate almost every day.
The "window" is still lasting, up this moment I am writing. I think something lasting more than 6 months is far from a simple "window" or "wave".
I was off forums for a while, and It was also good to keep me away from ruminating pssd all day long.
The lab who invented buspirone is missing a huge market share and deserves billions.
So, in theory, Buspirone should work for all of us?
Do you recommend just taking 40mg daily, or is it accompanied by another drug? Also, for how long? 6 months?
Thank you so much for the info!

I think Arahant mentioned that he noticed significant improvement after 4 months. I have decided to resume taking Buspirone based on several people's experience with Buspirone. I am taking 60mg a day (30mg twice a day). I do have to say that it makes you feel dizzy and foggy starting about 15-20 min after taking the pill and lasting for another 40 min. That is probably because it is the highest dose. Funny enough, I was taking the same dose while I was on Effexor, but didn't experience any side effects with it probably because Effexor was countering that.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

HandsomeJoshi wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 am Have you experienced a manic episode in your life? Before ritalin, while on ritalin or shortly before you got PSSD?
Have you smoked weed on ritalin?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's appreciated.
Never got a manic episode. I have taken Ritalin for more than a decade.
I have smoked weed on Ritalin.
And I regret smoking weed, it puts my anxiety to the sky.

Weed is a dopamine agonist, and can also trigger psychosis/manic episodes.

A manic episode is known as a state of "full energy", which is related to excess dopamine.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

HereToHeal wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 pm
arahant wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:17 am
Zabar96 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:47 pmAny updates ?
Complete recovery, I think my sexual life today is better than before sertraline.
Sex is much more enjoyable and I either have sex or masturbate almost every day.
The "window" is still lasting, up this moment I am writing. I think something lasting more than 6 months is far from a simple "window" or "wave".
I was off forums for a while, and It was also good to keep me away from ruminating pssd all day long.
The lab who invented buspirone is missing a huge market share and deserves billions.
So, in theory, Buspirone should work for all of us?
Do you recommend just taking 40mg daily, or is it accompanied by another drug? Also, for how long? 6 months?
Thank you so much for the info!
If it works for everyone we never know.
But taking it just a few weeks, without adjusting the dosage, over-hyping results, and quitting early because "it does not work" is what I have seen in failed trials.
The dosage should be checked with your pdoc.
I had improvements with buspirone alone (I quit Ritalin the first months I was taking buspirone)
I am more than a year taking it daily, and It took more than 6 months until adjusting a proper dosage.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
BABA YAGA

Unread post by BABA YAGA »

Hey Arahant. I just now registered into the Forum. Happy to see you here! ;)
HOPE & DETERMINATION is Everything! Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/nER8BCk
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

defmyst wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:33 pm
I think Arahant mentioned that he noticed significant improvement after 4 months. I have decided to resume taking Buspirone based on several people's experience with Buspirone. I am taking 60mg a day (30mg twice a day). I do have to say that it makes you feel dizzy and foggy starting about 15-20 min after taking the pill and lasting for another 40 min. That is probably because it is the highest dose. Funny enough, I was taking the same dose while I was on Effexor, but didn't experience any side effects with it probably because Effexor was countering that.
Wow, you are taking a huge dose at a time.

And yes, I only saw improvements after many months.

This dizziness/foggy may be related to hypoglycemia...If you take pills with meals, it seems to alleviate.
Here you can see a reference:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... )%20level.

They measure lower blood glucose in humans "coincidentally" the following hour after taking buspirone. Then it alleviates after 1h of taking it.
Last edited by arahant on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

@aharant

Are you planning to stay on the med? Or do you plan to taper off sooner or later?

Would be interesting if the benefits stay if you are off.

I was on SJW two years before I got PSSD from Citalopram and it helped really good with PE. After quitting SJW the positive effects on my PE lasted. Also my orgasm was really strong on SJW and that also lasted after quitting it. Just my experience with benefits which stayed after quitting a drug. But that was before PSSD...
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Leb89 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:34 am @aharant

Are you planning to stay on the med? Or do you plan to taper off sooner or later?

I was on SJW two years before I got PSSD from Citalopram and it helped really good with PE. After quitting SJW the positive effects on my PE lasted. Also my orgasm was really strong on SJW and that also lasted after quitting it. Just my experience with benefits which stayed after quitting a drug. But that was before PSSD...
I am tapering off and I still see improvements. If they fade away I don't mind reinstate it and take it for life. I have been taking Ritalin for more than a decade, I don't mind adding buspirone to my regimen.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

arahant wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 am
Leb89 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:34 am @aharant

I am tapering off and I still see improvements. If they fade away I don't mind reinstate it and take it for life. I have been taking Ritalin for more than a decade, I don't mind adding buspirone to my regimen.
Thanks for ur answer. Please keep us updated. This thread is very promising.
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

hi, i started using buspirone 5 days ago, i intend to increase it up to 60mg, how long did it take to notice sexual or anhedonia benefits?
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

He told me it was like four mo the before improvements