AnhedonicApe - Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
AnhedonicApe

Re: AnhedonicApe - Intro

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Ever since i quit the betaine i have been feeling really out of it. Feel more depersonalized, more anhedonic etc. All symptoms are worse then before the betaine. I dont understand how a week of using the betaine could have caused this. Maybe because it is a full agonist and i now experience a rebound? I am kind of worried.
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Hang out buddy, you havent tried everything, you still very young and you have a lot of years a head of you, the younger the brain, the fastest is to repair itself. At this point, i hardly believe that we are never going to reach the pre-ssri quality of life, 5ht receptors downregulated by ssris, and doesnt seems to uptegulate at the same level as before, but is true that we can recover a lot if we do the right things.SJW seems to uptegulate receptors same whit execirse, why dont you try some heavy lifting? Nodoby knows if anhedonia is forever. People in benzo whitdrawal get better through months and years we can too. Just avoid alcohol, can destroy months of progress whit a few drinks.

I know you are feeling pretty shitty, but theres a lot of years for this to get better.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Why do you say to avoid alcohol, exactly? Why would alcohol set back a recovery?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Ever since i quit the betaine i have been feeling really out of it. Feel more depersonalized, more anhedonic etc. All symptoms are worse then before the betaine. I dont understand how a week of using the betaine could have caused this. Maybe because it is a full agonist and i now experience a rebound? I am kind of worried.
Look into NMDA upregulation using NAC + a racetam. This should bring your NMDA receptors back to normal expression.

Are you going to a demethylating clinic because Betaine is a methylating agent?
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Mesolimbo wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:Ever since i quit the betaine i have been feeling really out of it. Feel more depersonalized, more anhedonic etc. All symptoms are worse then before the betaine. I dont understand how a week of using the betaine could have caused this. Maybe because it is a full agonist and i now experience a rebound? I am kind of worried.
Look into NMDA upregulation using NAC + a racetam. This should bring your NMDA receptors back to normal expression.

Are you going to a demethylating clinic because Betaine is a methylating agent?
Not only because of that, it does contribute. I believe in this theory. The clinic give a description of people who overmythale and its exactly me, well me before the meds. They talk about people who overmythelate having different and adverse reactions to drugs which i always had. Not reacting good to coffee, which i never had. How these people dont do well on ssris, which i never have (became suicidal and depressed on them very quickly). They are often over emotional, have things like depression and ocd. I know its quite general but my gut feeling is really leading me here. Also maybe this for me is the way to find someone willing to treat me with decitabine. I just really think for a lot of us it all comes down to genetics and overmythelating. I think people who overmythelate are genetically predisposed to get stuff like pssd.

Here a link with some expanation also for others: http://www.mensahmedical.com/methylation-disorders/
AnhedonicApe

Sup meso glad u are back. Interested in what u think about this and demethylating in general: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3038
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Sup meso glad u are back. Interested in what u think about this and demethylating in general: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3038
Demethylation is interesting as a theory for a cure and it might just work. It's still going to be trial and error, and the effect can go either ways. Weaker demethylating drugs don't work well and the ones used for chemo are very expensive. Interesting nonetheless.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Hi AnhedonicApe,

how is your reaction to psychedelics? I read you did microdosing.
AnhedonicApe

cdraham wrote:Hi AnhedonicApe,

how is your reaction to psychedelics? I read you did microdosing.
I microdosed ibogaine, which was beneficial at the time. Psycilobin i just did one day and quit, since i felt anxious.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

RIP AnhedonicApe, you were definitely one of the nicest, most like able, generally knowledgeable people around. Will really miss you. You put a big effort into doing what you could to recover. I hope people who knew you had at least a little sense of how much you went through prior to needing to stop. You obviously valued life very much and did everything you could. Best regards and hope you were able to enjoy your life overall. Cheers.