Ghost Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Meso

Re: Ghost Intro

Unread post by Meso »

If we can make Memantine work the same as Ketamine, that would be a true breakthrough. I'd seriously consider reversing my own PSSD. I want nothing more than needing only 2 or 3 drugs and living a normal life experience. We have the knowledge; it's a matter of finding agents that we, and other members, can acquire fairly easy.

For a cure, in my humble opinion, the only way is through triggering long-term potentiation (LTP) in favor of any change we would induce. Without LTP, there is absolutely no chance of a "permanent" cure/reversal, and we would be just playing around with symptomatic treatments and have to be "on" something.

First step: To restore LTP, glutamatergic function has to be restored. The most straightforward step is restoring HPA axis reactivity in order to restore LTP/LTD balance through cortisol's glutamate releasing effect + endocannabinoid interaction. Reversal of antidepressant-induced upregulation of GR is essential.

Second step: To keep neurogenesis enhanced, in order to prevent re-emergent depression and anxiety. TrkB upregulation should be enough, but boosting BDNF won't hurt.

Third step: To restore nerve conductance, reversing antidepressant-induced desensitization of transient receptor potential (TRP) channels. The affected channels are: TRPV1, TRPV3 and TRPV4, with possible involvement of TRPC4 since it colocalizes with 5HT2B. Oral capsaicin can cause central sensitization and paradoxical sensitization of TRPV1 downstream. Inositol can upregulate 5HT2 receptors.

So, final regimen would look something like this:
- Prednisolone: GR downregulation (any long acting corticosteroid could work).
- Metformin: TrkB upregulation + BDNF boost (10 mg boron to keep SHBG down). Preventing Prednisolone's toxic effect on neurogenesis. For 1-3 months, then withdraw very slowly from the corticosteroid.

After that:
- Metformin: Still taking it.
- Psilocybin: Low dose, for further glutamate disinhibition, further AMPA activation.
- Sarcosine: NMDA potentiation.
- Inositol: 18 g. 5HT2A/B upregulation. We'll deal with 2C downregulation later.
- Forkskolin: SERT activation, to keep serotonin from desensitizing receptors again.
- Adding hot chili powder to 2 meals per day. The hotter, the better.

3-6 months on that regimen, after that withdraw from these agents slowly with the exception of Metformin + Boron, since I'd want to remain on them for TrkB/BDNF in the event of adding Memantine later.

This is what I'd try myself. Since this is largely hypothetical and a trial-and-error thing, it carries all the risks of such endeavor. One needs to do this in a completely stress-free environment, especially during the Prednisolone phase. Taking corticosteroids long-term is playing with fire. A million thing could go wrong, hence I'm never going to attempt this unless I find some other way of downregulating GR. I'm thinking nicotine vaping, but I haven't considered PSSD cure/reversal to seriously research this. It's just food for thought.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I've spoken to a man who had sexual problems after SSRIs for several months, and these were reversed after high "heroic" doses of psilocybin. These dosages scare me, but he also noted that they cured his anhedonia and depression. My doses have been much smaller but I still notice the libido boost in the following days.

For Pred I'd be worried about the ocular (glaucoma and cataract - albeit unlikely at this duration and at our age) side effects and changes to bone strength as I am a runner and fairly hard on my body in general. But I'd be open to it if the duration was short. Would they work inhaled or would they need to be systemic? How do you think the licorice root cures fit in here?

What about putting the capsaicin in tablets? Might make eating it easier.

Inositol + spice would make for misery in the bathroom :lol: - worth it.

--

For now I'll focus on the Memantine and psilocybin as well as looking for medication sources. I'm still taking inositol, but I'm missing something that pushes it over the edge and causes the recoveries that we have seen in some people. If all else fails a 7-8g psilocybin mushroom trip might be in the cards. That would be WILD.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Licorice cures tie extremely well into my GR hypothesis, as licorice would result in GR downregulation and restoration of cortisol-mediated glutamate release. This could be enough for some people to cure their PSSD, given that their PSSD type is of the less severe ones. However, I wouldn't take licorice for months since it's a potent phytoestrogen and would cause lowering of sex hormones via negative feedback mechanisms.

Prednisolone phase needs to be under minimal stress, so no running. Systemic use is important, but I don't recommend corticosteroids, I'm sure there are better options out there.

Capsaicin in tablets works fine. Bathroom misery is well worth it :lol:

I honestly don't think that you need this extensive hypothetical regimen. I was typing it out with the most severe and treatment resistant PSSD type in mind, with all symptoms present and failing to response to many attempted cures. I think you are on the right track re: your regimen. Just need to try different doses alongside downregulating GR somehow.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

There's definitely a lot more reading that I'll have to do before I start a routine but I think you're on to something with that theory.

I only lasted 4 days on Licorice before the crushing anxiety forced me to stop. Maybe things would be different now, and maybe if I can get the Memantine to work or re-dose ketamine first I could handle it - but like you note it just doesn't seem worth it overall. Could Anastrozole help with this? I guess if it's a phytoestrogen it kinda jumps that step anyways.

So my goal will be: finding Capsaicin and Memantine.

I have Forskolin still sitting around, and will buy sarcosine.

I'll look into Pred more and am starting to plan a larger psilocybin dose, which terrifies me, but from what I've heard some people say this is like a brain reset and has reversed their SSRI sexual dysfunction.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

@ghost, that's a pretty massive shrooms dose. If you do attempt that, I'd take a benzo before, or at the very least have some on hand if the trip gets out of control.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I've kinda come back to 5g or so. I have a really high metabolism so I go up and down faster than most people. I'd probably try a 3 first. I have the benzos on hand and would have a sitter too + a totally open house.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Ghost wrote:I only lasted 4 days on Licorice before the crushing anxiety forced me to stop.
Strange, licorice makes me anhedonic. I've only taken it occasionally though so I don't know about long term. I wonder how the difference in reaction would be explained.

What's the current idea, a single massive dose or change over time (how long?)?
Ghost wrote: starting to plan a larger psilocybin dose, which terrifies me, but from what I've heard some people say this is like a brain reset and has reversed their SSRI sexual dysfunction.
Your trip is largely determined by your mindset at the start. If you think happy thoughts you'll have a good trip. If on some level you're terrified...
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Ghost wrote:I'll look into Pred more
I really don't recommend corticosteroids. There are other ways - maybe even something as simple as nicotine vaping could work. You know that schizophrenic patients often smoke excessively to self treat negative symptoms, nicotine could be potent enough raising cortisol as to restore glutamatergic function and, in part, relieve the hypofrontality.

Nicotine reverses hypofrontality in animal models of addiction and schizophrenia:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28112735
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Hey ghost i wondered what psycilobin gave you? I am suffering from anhedonia the most and i am going to try psylocibin. For what did it help you?
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Hey ghost i wondered what psycilobin gave you? I am suffering from anhedonia the most and i am going to try psylocibin. For what did it help you?
I'm not Ghost, but for me it initially makes anhedonia worse but after about a day improves libido and spontaneous erections. A few days after a dose I go back to base line. I stopped due to HPPD. I didn't notice any improvement in anhedonia, although it isn't a major issue for me.

The biggest improvements I've made for anhedonia have been from inositol. Initially it makes it worse, but once it wears off (after about a day), there is a major improvement. Unfortunately the improvement hasn't lasted.