Ghost Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
fasttrack1982

Re: Ghost Intro

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

I can relate to your post GHOST and what you said about acceptance. I have also had PSSD for about 5-6 years and I come to the forum much less and I post much less. I am busy with life now, I have a family and a successful business. PSSD is on "the back burner" for me now. I don't think about it all the time anymore.

I am older than you, and I have three kids but much has changed for me over the past 5 years as well. My mental state is MUCH better than it was five years ago. For 1-2 years I literally wanted to die because I was so devastated by PSSD and I was also depressed. The only reason I didn't end it all was because of my family, and now I'm so glad I didn't. My depression is a lot better, and my sexual function has improved a little bit. Wellbutrin helped me with depression, and a little bit with PSSD. Also, just forcing myself to live an active and full life has helped a lot. If I was going to quantify I would say at my bottom I was at 10% of PRE PSSD sexual function now, I would say 30%.

I have my days where I still get sad and really miss the excitement and enjoyment that I got from sex pre PSSD, but at some level I have accepted that this may be my life now. I have proven to myself at this point that I can still find happiness in life despite PSSD, there was a time when I never would have believed that. I encourage anyone who reads this and is having a hard time, things CAN GET BETTER.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey all - I'm back online for the first time in several months. I'm not dead.

Everything has been really odd recently and I haven't been at home very much.

I was traveling for a few weeks before the virus blew up, and then everything got really crazy fast. I ended up being stuck at my girlfriend's house without a computer for a while and got sick with some mysteriy illness (still have no idea if it was covid because at the time testing was nearly unavailable in my area) which further forced me to quarentine away from home for another two weeks.

I'm honestly healthy and relatively happy at the moment. I still am working and I'm still applying to MD and PhD programs for next fall (2021).

That's really about it. I have been spending every second trying to distract myself from the virus. Despite the stupidity at the head of the US government, my area is fairly competent. There is a lot of green space and places to get outside safely.

PSSD is stable. Some days are better and others are worse. Usually I can pull together one decent sexual experience a day. It seems to go in slow rolling waves and now that my gf isn't around all of the time (she was freaking out about Covid for a while but aren't together 24/7 anymore) I am hoping to be more active on the forum again. Things will take a while to return to normal, but I'm excited to jump in to some capacity.

I'm coming up on 6 years of PSSD later this summer and it's been hard for me to keep focus. It's such a long time, and I still am so young and want to achieve so much personally with career and knowledge. I'm still in depression remission after the Ketamine/Psilocybin, but I still have a longing for something that feels missing. Maybe that's just the human condition, but I still think pursuing my pre-PSSD sexuality is still an important thing I must attempt.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Welcome back it's good to hear you are well and healthy and have some sunshine to experience.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Welcome Ghost, Its nice hearing from you again I was wondering how you were.

I'm glad you are doing well and your PSSD is at least stable. You're a valuable member of this PSSD community and I'ts nice having you around.

Take care man
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Following up on my most recent update from May. Hit my 6 year PSSD anniversary a few days ago. Things are basically the same. I'm sexually active and things work just well enough. I'm still working on medical school applications and when things get tough I still use the forum as inspiration. There are a lot of people who I care about on here and don't want to let down. My goal is still medicine and I want to specialize in something to do with neuro/hormones etc.

I'll keep checking in as I move forward with the process.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

Hi Ghost,
It is nice to see you on the forum again. Your name was recently mentioned here:
Meso wrote: I really hated how taarn, Ghost and many others left when they were cured without leaving a goodbye thread
Is it true that you are cured? If so, what has helped you most? Do you have any fresh tips for us?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 pm Hi Ghost,
It is nice to see you on the forum again. Your name was recently mentioned here:
Meso wrote: I really hated how taarn, Ghost and many others left when they were cured without leaving a goodbye thread
Is it true that you are cured? If so, what has helped you most? Do you have any fresh tips for us?
I don't know why everyone always have the idea that I'm cured :lol:

Nothing has changed, I've just working in the background and not posting as much while I'm trying to get into med school.

I'll be in the community til I die, cured or not.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Both for current sufferers and for those in the future reading through the past 8 years of my PSSD life in a single thread, here is my update:

Started medical school a few weeks ago. Learning a lot there.

No changes to PSSD since last posting. I have a fairly active sex life and am largely fulfilled (do not confuse with cure or improvement over time).

Til next time!
Cscansler

Unread post by Cscansler »

Can you please contact me man I’m dying . My number is 3016024994 .
Or email me at cansler.cameron@gmail.com
media

Unread post by media »

Congratulations. It is very important to have a defined goal.
It is 10 year anniversary of my PSSD. I still have it. There some better and worse days. I am 37 years old, most of my friends have families, children, but i do not have it yet.
Pssd had also another negative consequences in my life, apart of a medical issues.
I went into huge financial troubles, ending with massive debt (I could not run my company anymore). I was devastated by medical condition and financial situation. I was on the bottom. It was a nightmare. Only, because of my faith, I was alive.
Now, I paid all my debts off.

I want to start a new chapter in my life.
I want to study interdisciplinary course: neuroscientific studies and engineering, maybe not for career reason but to expand my knowledge. Sometimes, I do not believe in myself, I have doubts. But I want to move on.

Good luck !