Tell your PSSD Story on the UK PSSD Website

Topics related to activism.
climb

Tell your PSSD Story on the UK PSSD Website

Unread post by climb »

The website for the UK PSSD Association will be more or less ready in the next couple of weeks.

Please contribute an account of your experience with PSSD to the website.
This will be used to raise awareness of PSSD and encourage clinicians and researchers to cooperate to improve things.

It would be particularly helpful to have sufferers from the UK to contribute. However, if you're from another country where your voice is not heard, we will include your story.

Here are some guidelines to help. It would be helpful to include:

- Something about what your life / health was like before PSSD to give context.

- How you got PSSD

- What your symptoms are

- What your experience has been with attempting to get treatment.

- The impact that PSSD has / has had on your life on the lives of people close to you.

- What you're hoping might change having told your story.

- A thank you to whoever is reading.

- I suggest that you try to keep what you write below 1000 words. The goal is to express your feelings and experience but try to not go on so long that you might lose the reader's attention.

Here are some examples from the Canadian site to help you: https://pssdcanada.squarespace.com/our-stories

If anyone has relatives or someone else close to them who would like to contribute something about how this has affected the person they care about and how it makes they themselves feel, that would also be great.

I know that many of us feel (justifiably) angry at pharmaceutical companies, psychiatrists, doctors etc. However, please try and leave accusations, blame, anger about lack of action out of your story because this is likely to undermine what we're trying to achieve. We want clinicians and researchers to empathise and to try and help us. Therefore, the tone is important. Busy people are less likely to want to try and help if they feel like they're being attacked. We will address the need for pharmaceutical companies to be held to higher standards regarding the risks of antidepressant use elsewhere in the site and within the aims of the association.

To contribute, send me something by email mscbpw2020@protonmail.com

If you're interested in joining in with the association and website, join our discord server:

https://discord.gg/U6EphsV

Thank you and Best wishes to everyone!
JLo22

Re: Tell your PSSD Story on the UK PSSD Website

Unread post by JLo22 »

I am working on my story today. Thank you for the guidelines. I will need to make some changes bc my tone was too angry.

Thank you
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

As one of the Canadians on the Canadian website Im happy to see other countries doings the same.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Climb I've DMed you my story
climb

Unread post by climb »

Hi everyone

The website is finished. I will make it live once we have more contributions.

We need more people to send their PSSD stories / experiences. This is most likely going to be part of the pack of information that the association will send to researchers and clinicians. I want to start reaching out to people soon while I am less busy with my job, so I would really appreciate it if people can send their stories as soon as they are able to!

We need a minimum of 10 (UK based or UK born people living abroad) people's stories to add to the site to begin with. I'd also welcome stories from people from other countries, but we need a strong core from people from the UK's stories to back up what we're doing.

You can either:

Send as a dm through PSSD forum
Send me an email (address above)
Join us on the discord server and send me a private message
You don't need to add your real name if you don't want to, it's up to you
Kk88 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:56 am Climb I've DMed you my story
That's great, thanks a lot kk88.
climb

Unread post by climb »

6 stories received so far.

Thanks a lot to everyone who has contributed. It would be great to get another 4 so that we reach the initial target of 10.

It is anonymous. You don't have to include your real name unless you want to.