Let's do what we can

Topics related to activism.
anacleta

Re: Are you actually more than 100 on Discord? so why...?

Unread post by anacleta »

Frog wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 am

I understand where you’re coming from but I don’t think criticising the 30+ people who donate to Meso on the research server is the best way to approach the situation. Those of us who donate are funding research reviewing from someone who has studied PSSD in great depth and is also setting up a detailed lab study to try and find the root of PSSD and hopefully a cure. More details on this will be provided as soon as the outline is complete but it is time consuming. It’s very important that it’s as good as it can be. I see this as productive behaviour, despite it not currently being one of the main initiatives. When the outline is released I’m sure many people will begin to support the cause.

I also admire Dr Healy and believe we should support the RxISK prize and contact as many organisations, charities, professionals and other individuals as we can to get PSSD more recognition.

I completely agree that some people, particularly on the larger discord server, do nothing to help themselves and just sit and moan all day. We all need to play our part in this battle, even if we support different initiatives.
I wouldn't want to take anyone away from Discord! On the contrary, I admit that I didn't go in there and I sincerely hope that what you all are doing on Discord will lead to something good for us and for which I will be able to thank you soon.

It simply amazes me to know that many people with PSSD are so active, so I would like to draw their attention to other good things we can do together (and also for free).
Frog

Re: Are you actually more than 100 on Discord? so why...?

Unread post by Frog »

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, apologies for that. It’s looking quite promising on the research server, I can’t wait for the outline to be shared with everyone! I share your frustration with how unproductive some people are! No point in people sitting and moaning if they’re not trying to do anything about it and just leaving it to the same people!
anacleta

Re: Let's do what we can

Unread post by anacleta »

The Prize's been on hold for a while now. https://rxisk.org/prize/
i just put in another $30. many others could do the same thing? so we speed up the conquest.