True theory of PSSD

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
bupropioninducedPSSD

Re: True theory of PSSD

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

krocius wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:28 pm Hello, guys. Do you remember i mentioned that everyone with PSSD who made gut microbiome had elevated specific "denitrifying bacteria" (pseudomonas or bacillus)? Like random forum member on page 2 shared his test they were elevated too.
Denitrification means metabolising nitrogenous compounds and producing nitrogen. Nitric oxide can be metabolised too.
Nitric oxide has nitrogen atom too and in theory this bacteria can mess up with this Gasotransmitter in the body.
And as you probably know already Nitric oxide is needed for erections.
But if you provide nitrate instead of nitric oxide it won't be so messed up because nitrate can be used instead in denitrification.
I just wanted to let you know. I started to eat a lot of boiled beet (it's rich nitrate source) and my symptoms improved.
Interesting. This is what I keep coming back to as well. Out of all of the (dozens, hundreds?) of interventions I've tested, ridiculous amounts of arugula (plus adequate sleep and exercise) seems to be the only thing that makes a difference. I'll add beets to the mix as well. About to get some bloodwork done, will look into options for nitric oxide testing.
bupropioninducedPSSD

Unread post by bupropioninducedPSSD »

I spoke too soon, we can all test nitric oxide easily using saliva + test strips.
Leadtheway

Unread post by Leadtheway »

I'm not sure whether OP is still active on this forum but I think his idea has merit.

The homeostasis of water seems to be linked to energy (for example, vasopressin and oxytocin are linked to thyroid and thermogenesis), detoxification pathways (the glymphatic system, detoxification enzymes), neurotransmitter/hormones (dopamine could be involved in water homeostasis).

I agree that too much water in a state of bad health can make someone worse.

Edit: regarding intracellular potassium, this publication could interest you: http://gerson-research.org/wp-content/u ... r-1977.pdf
r4ndom

Unread post by r4ndom »

krocius wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:57 am This information will work for severe form PSSD with anhedonia and emotional blunting but perhaps it can be helpful for mild PSSD with sexual symptoms only.
I already posted it on reddit with some mistakes.
To my opinion, mechanism causing PSSD is fluid accumulation at the extracellular space. SSRI through some mechanism (gut microbiome change is involved too) long-termly alters ability of the body to remove excess fluid from the extracellular space. Free fluid starts to accumulate in extracellular space and Ion concentrations between two fluids starts to correct through the osmosis mechanism and fluid accumulation is happening inside of the nervous (not only) cell. Ions leave the cells. Cell replenish loses from serum electrolytes but overtime serum quantity can reduce too and cells cannot do it so efficiently so cells ions starts to drop too. That is moment when symptoms get worse. Everyone face it after some time. You can find and check your serum potassium blood test 2 years ago and today. And don’t mistake serum and intracellular electrolytes please.
SSRI is already known to induce SIADH inducing removing sodium from blood
There are 3 primary intracellular ions that get tested. Magnesium, potassium, phosphate and protein. They were found elevated in urine in different people with PSSD and propecia forum. It means cells flushes them out constantly. These diseases are very similar. Some ions dominate outside some inside. You can check here.

https://ibb.co/nCv83sC

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/full-h ... off/2075/6

https://ibb.co/XYW6j9m

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/any-ad ... st/4248/33 - magnesium elevated in urine

https://ibb.co/rG8Xr1d

Erythrocytes ions borderline low. Intracellular ions precisely. Calcium is fine. There are all different people with same pattern. Precisely intracellular electrolytes get excreted or low.

Technically these are different diseases from different drugs but symptoms are very similar.
Unfortunately, people do not share lab tests with me and I do not have laboratory and resources to provide more. However, pattern is too decent to be ignored because at least 4 people shared it.
As you know, cells require ions to function and there are different ions outside and inside of the cell as well as ion gates.
What happens if there is too much fluid in the cell? Resting potential is changed, it’s more difficult to depolarize it, cell can stop working. You cannot cry, laugh, feel. It explains any symptom of severe PSSD.
Some people try random drugs but drug molecule use ions to get inside of the cell when fluid overload exists already. Cell spend ions and cannot replenish at the same capacity because serum concentration can be reduced already because of constant replenishing. And your symptoms get worse. Some people use solutes (inositol) that messes up with particles concentrations what can lead to worsening.

What is partly to blame? Unfortunately, there is too much propaganda about drinking 2-3 liters water daily. It is not necessary and unnatural. It is hypotonic and flushes out electrolytes. Before PSSD body could handle it but after it cannot as mechanism of removing excess is broken and too much fluid gets inside of the cell. When you treat PSSD you should rely only on thirst feeling. It is mechanism of evolution and worked for million years.

There is useless food. For example, wheat only takes something and do not give anything back as well as a sugar. Caffeine. Milk because of calcium. Potatoes are bad too.
Firstly, I recommend dense vegan food. Not too watery. It moves through GI tract very fast and absorbs a lot of fluid and many minerals.

You add electrolytes. Potassium, magnesium, white fish high in protein and phosphate. Not mega doses.

You add diuretic to remove fluid excess. I used acetazolamide.

If you just lay at the bad this may not work. Cells may not absorb anything. You need to do something physical. My experience. You can start with walking

For example you ate, something right took sups and go for a walk or more serious exercise.

You do not drink 3 liters every day. Your body tells you not to. Drink when your body tells you to do so. Some may have psychogenic polydipsia also.

It may be not so simple to do if you are alone. But at least you have some knowledge and hope.

Why cells start lose cells? It needs further investigating. I think it is result of microbiome PH or gas concentration changes.

When fluid concentration outside of cell will drop, the body starts to absorb electrolytes and you will feel better immediately. We keep 120 gram of potassium inside of the cells.

I didn’t mention all things. I will add later.
This is interesting. Have you ever had the chance to chat with a doctor or other researcher/professional that knows alot about this system you're referring to? It would be interesting to hear what they had to say if you can ever bounce your ideas off of them.
Painball

Unread post by Painball »

Interesting, so if I'm going to make blood test for electrolytes, will it show changes? I randomly did tests for potassium, calcium, mangesium and sodium exactly one month before getting on SSRI so I can check for changes now
krocius

Unread post by krocius »

Any thoughts about methods of fluid intake control? Unfortunately i still drink a lot so my body is not able to recover. The only thing that helped with this issue were dopaminergic drugs.
In the last summer i induced cold sickness (people with anhedonia normally can't get sick with a cold) when i forced my body to sweat most of the day. During this time i supplemented with potassium + magnesium supplement (I described my experience previously). Usually i can't get sick with a cold (it happened like 3-5 times in 7 years of anhedonia). Sweating is also missing part in this pazzle.
I swear after 2-3 days of fluid/food restriction with a physical activity that were accompanied with sweating my symptoms improve dramatically. I tested this for several times. Next day of these activites i usually woke up with a sore throat and mild fever and my anhedonia/emotional blunting symptoms were greatly lifted.
People with anhedonia report their sweating ability reduced and it's hard to reach sweating state for them. There must be a correlation.
Sweating must be important key for recovery. When we sweat we lose fluid excess through skin. When fluid leaves internal space of the body it travels outside so it can bring ions within if they are available. Fluid moves through various tissues before reaching surface of the skin.

About high nitrate food. It definitely changed my mental state when i ate around 500g of beets on the empty stomach. Like it made me feel more comfortable in my own body emotionally. But it's not reproducible. It works under certain conditions.
People from anhedonia REDDIT provided nitric oxide test results and it was low (link below). This was only thing i could find. Can you share with nitric oxide tests too (if you have anhedonia)?
https://www.reddit.com/r/anhedonia/comm ... st_strips/

Nitric oxide can play role in fluid transport and sweating according to some studies. Idk if this is our issue
https://gut.bmj.com/content/44/2/143
'https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... nvironment.

Last winter i did a lot of cardio. After two weeks of cardio I also induced cold sickness state. I also used sauna after cardio. What is strange after cardio excercise i could drink around 2-5 liters of fluid and was not able to control it.

I also tried mild diuretic recently and in the past (acetozolamide) and it definitely improved all of my sypmtoms.

If i was on your place i would try adhd meds or wellbutrin with fluid restriction. These meds probably can help with urges. Unfortunately they are not available in my country. Probably gonna try naltrexone. Naltrexone seems to be helpful for various addictions according to studies.

Unfortunately i'm in pretty bad mental/physical state currently. I became alcoholic because of anhedonia.I faced a problem with a alcohol abuse (mainly beer) because of anhedonia and i could drink 3-5 of fluid daily. My body definetely can't handle such amount of fluid and currently i feel worse than usually.

If I find a way to being able to restrict fluid intake to minimum amount for prolonged period of time i will be cured.

I swear i have constant spam in the brain to drink something despite not feeling thirsty which is difficult to resist especially after losing a lot of fluid. Although i drink simillar amount as healthy people but this is still too much for my body to make a recovery.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

krocius wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:34 pm Any thoughts about methods of fluid intake control? Unfortunately i still drink a lot so my body is not able to recover. The only thing that helped with this issue were dopaminergic drugs.
In the last summer i induced cold sickness (people with anhedonia normally can't get sick with a cold) when i forced my body to sweat most of the day. During this time i supplemented with potassium + magnesium supplement (I described my experience previously). Usually i can't get sick with a cold (it happened like 3-5 times in 7 years of anhedonia). Sweating is also missing part in this pazzle.
I swear after 2-3 days of fluid/food restriction with a physical activity that were accompanied with sweating my symptoms improve dramatically. I tested this for several times. Next day of these activites i usually woke up with a sore throat and mild fever and my anhedonia/emotional blunting symptoms were greatly lifted.
People with anhedonia report their sweating ability reduced and it's hard to reach sweating state for them. There must be a correlation.
Sweating must be important key for recovery. When we sweat we lose fluid excess through skin. When fluid leaves internal space of the body it travels outside so it can bring ions within if they are available. Fluid moves through various tissues before reaching surface of the skin.

About high nitrate food. It definitely changed my mental state when i ate around 500g of beets on the empty stomach. Like it made me feel more comfortable in my own body emotionally. But it's not reproducible. It works under certain conditions.
People from anhedonia REDDIT provided nitric oxide test results and it was low (link below). This was only thing i could find. Can you share with nitric oxide tests too (if you have anhedonia)?
https://www.reddit.com/r/anhedonia/comm ... st_strips/

Nitric oxide can play role in fluid transport and sweating according to some studies. Idk if this is our issue
https://gut.bmj.com/content/44/2/143
'https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... nvironment.

Last winter i did a lot of cardio. After two weeks of cardio I also induced cold sickness state. I also used sauna after cardio. What is strange after cardio excercise i could drink around 2-5 liters of fluid and was not able to control it.

I also tried mild diuretic recently and in the past (acetozolamide) and it definitely improved all of my sypmtoms.

If i was on your place i would try adhd meds or wellbutrin with fluid restriction. These meds probably can help with urges. Unfortunately they are not available in my country. Probably gonna try naltrexone. Naltrexone seems to be helpful for various addictions according to studies.

Unfortunately i'm in pretty bad mental/physical state currently. I became alcoholic because of anhedonia.I faced a problem with a alcohol abuse (mainly beer) because of anhedonia and i could drink 3-5 of fluid daily. My body definetely can't handle such amount of fluid and currently i feel worse than usually.

If I find a way to being able to restrict fluid intake to minimum amount for prolonged period of time i will be cured.

I swear i have constant spam in the brain to drink something despite not feeling thirsty which is difficult to resist especially after losing a lot of fluid. Although i drink simillar amount as healthy people but this is still too much for my body to make a recovery.
Hi, i have friends from Russia in telegram, would you like to add you? We have telegram group
Leadtheway

Unread post by Leadtheway »

Maybe osmolytes (inositol belong to this family by the way) could help you as they are used by the body to counter osmotic stress.

https://open.substack.com/pub/leadtheway/p/osmolytes
krocius

Unread post by krocius »

Natural dessicated thyroid helpS with symptoms a bit. It boostS your metabolism so processess in your body speed up. Boosted metabolism can make supplements work better. It makes you lose more fluid also. I even get slight athmospheric feeling sometimes. I Think i'm going to combine it with minerals/ions + multivitamin + b vitamins + fluid restriction to get another window.
Mental Concentration is definetely increased. I can read for hours without feeling bored. I think i also can control urge to drink better. I think thyroid is involved somehow in symptoms. like endogenous thyroid hormones unable to reach target cells or something.
I forgot to mention that i had another window again from simple multivitamin pill at summer. Like i took a pill and emotions appeared after 5 min. I think Multivitamin worked that day because i did some right things to make it work related to diet/lifestyle. I was not able to repeat experience.

Idk i hope people here still take me seriously. I told some people IRL about my theory and they didn't believe me much. I should have not posted here before reaching cure i think.
Also i rereaded my first post here and realised i made it with lots of grammatical mistakes lol. I can type clearer now.
Maybe beets will work better with thyroid meds too?
When i reach full remission from anhedonia/blunting i will make another thread i guess.

Hopefully all pills/supplements will start working at full strength with addition of NDT.

Other effects of NDT:
some smell increase
brighter colours
increased body temp
krocius

Unread post by krocius »

edited
Last edited by krocius on Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.