I think i am close to discovering the cure.

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
guacamo

Re: I think i am close to discovering the cure.

Unread post by guacamo »

AMPA receptors are involved in one way or another in basically everything because they are the most prevalent receptor family in the brain, existing in almost every neuron.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I found that they are needed to perceive that life has "meaning" their activation (alpha1 also) immediately removes the feeling of "robotrippy anhedonia" and causes "strong emotion and creativity". I am an artist and AMPAkines was a storm of ideas for me.
Probably anhedonia is often AMPA/alpha1 dysfunction... maybe through NMDA hyperactivity. NMDA antagonist mimic carbamazepine and alpha agonist in me.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

There are types of anhedonia, some might be caused due to serotonin other to noradrenaline, other to dopamine, other to NMDA receptors, inflammation, etc. It is hard to write about it because many diseases with different etiology manifest simiarly - by anhedonia, which result in oversimplifying complicated cause.
Last edited by guacamo on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

This is very interesting as well as very complicated to understand without having this broad knowledge.

I have got two questions though:

1. There are also many cases of success stories with TRT and PCT. How can this happen in your theorie? Do you have an explanation for that? I am asking also because I am on hCG and did not experience significant improvements at all.

2. I also tried Inositol 18 mg for 5 weeks or so. You wrote you have to go for higher doses and for longer. The dose must be also depend on how much weight somebody has, right? Do would would you suggest for a 93 kg guy like me? And what Serotonin related Med/Supplement would be good to do parallel? I was thinking about a psylocibin trip.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

link11 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:31 am I took inositol and I'm still paying the price. It's almost made me dyslexic and totally ruined my cognition. Did nothing beneficial for me at all.

It's changed something but I don't know what exactly
This scares the crap out of me, not gonna lie. Most stories I've read involved people having short term memory problems, but they resolved upon cessation.

Has it gotten any better? I'm less than a week in and I'm wondering if I should call it quits...
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

flexstar13 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:14 pm This is very interesting as well as very complicated to understand without having this broad knowledge.

I have got two questions though:

1. There are also many cases of success stories with TRT and PCT. How can this happen in your theorie? Do you have an explanation for that? I am asking also because I am on hCG and did not experience significant improvements at all.

2. I also tried Inositol 18 mg for 5 weeks or so. You wrote you have to go for higher doses and for longer. The dose must be also depend on how much weight somebody has, right? Do would would you suggest for a 93 kg guy like me? And what Serotonin related Med/Supplement would be good to do parallel? I was thinking about a psylocibin trip.
Testosterone is a potent inhibitor of L-Type VGCC, alters serotonin receptors density, and is known to increase libido by itself, i do not know how pct relates to PSSD, it's just a harm reducing treatment after using exogenous hormones. I do not think that there is need to increase dose. How serotonin relates to this is what i currently think about, all i know is that in the cases that inositol helped there was also some way of alteration in serotonin levels. My bet is on adding SERT inhibitor, serotonin precursor or serotonin releaser.
flexstar13

But why does increasing TEsto seems so work for some people but not for others. We are three sufferers from germany. We all raised our testo up to 50% higher to pre pssd state and nobody of us notices any changes in libido, numbness, ed and so on.

So i will try inositol once again for at least 7 weaks and add psylocibin microdosing (3 days /week) or a heroic dose once, although I don’t like trippin…
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

As far as i know those who benefited from test injections supplemented lithium. Effects subsided after supplementation was stopped. Do not go heroic dose, because such interferention can be too drastic and there is no data that would foretell that this composition of drugs in dosages like that can provide relief.

#edit. I--
Last edited by guacamo on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Last night I took the full dose of 18grams inositol before bed rather than divided throughout the day. Slept like shit, but something interesting happened.

Had a vivid sexual dream, and I'm pretty sure if I hadn't "put the breaks on" I would have had a nocturnal emission. I felt very close, and woke up right as I stopped it from happening. Not something that has ever really happened, other than maybe twice in my teens.

I had a very strong erection that lasted several minutes, and continued for the entire walk to the bathroom without losing strength. This is something that hasn't happened since before I quit SSRIs over 3 years ago.

I think the reason for it working better before bed rather than throughout the day, is that things like coffee and milk prevent it from absorbing properly. At least that is what I have been reading on various reddit threads.

Still not sure if I want to continue, as the reports of it permanently altering cognitive function are freaking me out. I feel very spaced out and uninterested in things, and if I somehow got stuck like this, I'm not sure what I would do.
flexstar13

guacamo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:51 am

#edit. I think i am very close to understand the mechanism of PSSD, i am concerned about one theory right now, if it will be proved correct i will explain the mechanism of PSSD in about a month or so.
When you are concerned about that theorie… I hope it will not be approved to be correct!?