Alcohol

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Joe1992

Alcohol

Unread post by Joe1992 »

Guys, I have a low libido and issues with my erection. When I sit too long i feel a strange pain on my butt (pelvic floor). I only get very good erections the day(s) when I am hungover and I can masturbate several times. How is this? Does alcohol relax the muscles in the region of the pelvic floor? Did someone made the same experience?
CN9

Re: Alcohol

Unread post by CN9 »

me too. I'm sure there is a connection. I have a inflammation with edema at the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ischium.
Joe1992

Unread post by Joe1992 »

There has to be a connection. I don't want to be always hungover to be able to have sex.

Can you recommend something to improve the issues with the pelvic floor? Any supplement, medication or treatments?
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

no, I still live with it.

the question is, is there a connection to pssd?

you could make a mrt scan to check if the pudendus is affected by it.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

5-HT1A agonists: alcohol drinking in rats and squirrel monkeys
Rationale: Increased alcohol intake after administration of low doses of 5-HT(1A )agonists is thought to be due to a reduction in 5-HT impulse flow due to activation of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic receptors, whereas decreased alcohol drinking found after administration of higher doses of 5-HT(1A) agonists may be mediated by action at postsynaptic 5-HT(1A) receptors.

Objective: This study compares Long-Evans rats and squirrel monkeys to examine the hypothesis that low doses of the 5-HT(1A) selective agonists, 8-OH-DPAT and alnespirone, will preferentially increase, and at higher doses decrease alcohol drinking, and whether these effects can be antagonized by WAY 100635.

Methods: Male Long-Evans rats were induced to drink from two bottles, one containing a solution of 10% ethanol and 1% sucrose (w/v), the other containing an equally preferred concentration of sucrose. Squirrel monkeys also drank from two bottles, one containing a solution of 2% ethanol and 15% sucrose (w/v), the other, water.

Results: In rats, low doses of both 8-OH-DPAT (0.018-0.03 mg/kg) and alnespirone (0.3-3.0 mg/kg) increased alcohol drinking by ca. 100% without altering sucrose intake. The highest dose of 8-OH-DPAT (0.1 mg/kg) suppressed intake of both solutions without significant motor impairment. Pretreatment with WAY 100635 (0.1 mg/kg), shifted the entire dose-effect curve of 8-OH-DPAT to the right, and antagonized the effects of the 0.56 mg/kg dose of alnespirone. In the monkeys, administration of both agonists dose-dependently decreased alcohol intake and were behaviorally sedative.

Conclusions: These results support the hypothesis that in rats, 5-HT(1A) receptor stimulation activates somatodendritic receptors at lower doses and postsynaptic receptors at higher doses, each with opposite effects on alcohol intake. The absence of such biphasic dose-effect curves in monkeys suggests a different function of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic receptors in rats and monkeys, at least with regard to alcohol drinking.