PSSD could be a mitochondrial disorder

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
cdraham

Re: PSSD could be a mitochondrial disorder

Unread post by cdraham »

Semogomes wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:22 pm Hi @cdharam
How could the mitochondrial theory explain those cases of people who got it by few pills. I got it with 3 pills of venlafaxine, 37.5mg (half low dose)
My bet is those cases are vulnerable to begin with and the acute doses increase cortisol aswell, add oxidative stress + nmda rebound + opioid withdrawal from venlafaxin to it and will lead to this cascade of mitochondrial damage.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:26 pm
How could the mitochondrial theory explain those cases of people who got it by few pills. I got it with 3 pills of venlafaxine, 37.5mg (half low dose)
My bet is those cases are vulnerable to begin with and the acute doses increase cortisol aswell, add oxidative stress + nmda rebound + opioid withdrawal from venlafaxin to it and will lead to this cascade of mitochondrial damage.
You can keep arguing in support of this, but then you would have to apply it in practice. If you believe your theory, you should start taking MitoQ then and honestly record your experience in this thread. I don't think you should try to get SS-31 as you said in the other thread since it's not yet approved for use in people.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

defmyst wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:37 pm
You can keep arguing in support of this, but then you would have to apply it in practice. If you believe your theory, you should start taking MitoQ then and honestly record your experience in this thread. I don't think you should try to get SS-31 as you said in the other thread since it's not yet approved for use in people.
MitoQ can cause mitochondrial swelling: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5880956/
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:53 pm

MitoQ can cause mitochondrial swelling: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5880956/
I don't understand your logic. Because this paper says that MitoQ might produce mitochondrial swelling (while SS-31 does not) you are willing to take SS-31 when the drugs is still in clinical trials? You do realize that there hundreds of different ways a substance can affect the body that scientists may not know about hence the clinical trials. Besides, this paper states that MitoQ should not be given to people who already have problems with their kidneys. There is also no discussion on how extensive/severe the potential damage is or whether the effect is permanent or kidney cells heal themselves after discontinuation of MitoQ.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

defmyst wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:54 pm
cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:53 pm

I don't understand your logic. Because this paper says that MitoQ might produce mitochondrial swelling (while SS-31 does not) you are willing to take SS-31 when the drugs is still in clinical trials? You do realize that there hundreds of different ways a substance can affect the body that scientists may not know about hence the clinical trials. Besides, this paper states that MitoQ should not be given to people who already have problems with their kidneys. There is also no discussion on how extensive/severe the potential damage is or whether the effect is permanent or kidney cells heal themselves after discontinuation of MitoQ.
I do realize its still in clinical trials, i just found it interesting that MitoQ could cause this will Ss-31 did not. Its true that a substance can affect the body in hundreds of different ways that scientists dont know of, thats the reason we are here. People on this forum try injecting hormones and take parkinson/alzheimer drugs which are probably much more dangerous than taking this peptide. But this is just my unscientific guess.

Im at a point where I've decided i need to start trialing stuff, my condition hasnt improved by abit and im too dysfunctional for daily life. I've been in contact with a neuroscientist and a doctor who works at a neuronal engineering startup who has PFS himself, they both see it as good potential trial for PSSD so im willing to take the risk.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

what about c60
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:28 pm what about c60
Is it mitochondria targeted?
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

cdraham wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 am
PsychoGenesis wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:28 pm what about c60
Is it mitochondria targeted?
yeah, heard crazy things about it like people feeling 14 again etc
capitalCK

Unread post by capitalCK »

Interesting. But do we know if these methylated genes like SRD5A1, SRD5A2 are mitochondrial-encoded? If they're nuclear encoded genes, I doubt MitoQ or Butyrates or C60 could reverse those. Apparently, there only about 37 genes that are mito-encoded and 1500+ nuclear encoded genes. Methylation/DNA Damage tend to occur easier/faster on mito-encoded genes because (I read somewhere) that nuclear-encoded genes have some error correcting mechanism but mito encoded genes don't.