Adrenoceptor-theory

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
enriqueiglesias

Adrenoceptor-theory

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

People at the moment seem to put quite a lot of stock into that theory. However I doubt its significance as being more than secondary, if even so much. One seems certain: it cannot resolve all symptoms for all people. And I think I have actually plenty of adrenergic receptors and a normal enough response, as I actually tend to get a fast heart-rate these days, and beta-blockers do me good in that regard (and only slightly impact other symptoms, by the way). It is not exactly the condition of "I need more adrenoceptors to completely heal myself!"
That aside, one can simply try agonists or inhibitors of the inverse receptors, like Yohimbe. However, Yohimbe, rightly, is not very popular (it does make one's heart race and also feel awful in other ways), and while it can boost some aspects of libido, no-one has yet been healed by it even temporarily. Nor even "improved" so much as to say its effect is merely "blunted" from complete and thorough perfection.

Overall that theory seems like one of those infatuations with minor symptoms, rather than the "main goal" some seem to see it as now.

EDIT: Confusing androgen with adrenergic...

EDIT2: This was frankly partly in reaction to AnhedonicApe's brutal, sophomoric refusal (which he was wont to do) about Curcumin, because of supposed adrenoceptor side-effects, which are minor and extremely temporary in any case, and extremely far beside the point, which was epigenetics at the time. One always has to distinguish priorities and not give everything the same relevance. This typical kind of poser-negativity I always disapproved of and it is not wise... I probably should have tried looking into adrenergic receptors as well in order to say something about them - as they still don't seem all that relevant either - but one can't run after every detail alone in order to get a point about something else across, and if this alternately feeble and pretentious kindergarten wants to wallow in its self-important misery, so be it.