Connection of insensitivity and partial supersensitivty? (Plus distributed sensitivity)

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
enriqueiglesias

Connection of insensitivity and partial supersensitivty? (Plus distributed sensitivity)

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

I feel generally numb in the penis, requiring relatively rigorous "work" to induce feeling. However sometimes, or at the height of induced sensitivity, there is a kind of unsatisfying oversensitivity, which is not very pleasurable but just feels overly excitatory. That aside, it is usually limited to very surface, whereas the "core" of the penis remains noticeably anaesthesized (not merely a lack of feeling but an active "numbness" one feels sometimes from anaesthetization).

Any idea what might be a connection between overall numbness and partial, temporary overexcitability (unsatisfying)? This is just one of my typical conditions, by the way, they are not all the same. For example, sometimes this overexcitability (in part) is lacking, and there is just evenly distributed minimal sensitivity/numbness - and in some rare cases there is nearly fully satisfying sensitivity requiring only minimal contact (as opposed to rigorous "work").

More generally however, there is a distribution of sensitivity. Firstly, the scrotum area is noticeably more sensitive than the penis. The numbness doesn't seem to affect that area at all or significantly (probably mostly dependent on libido).
Then, not all areas of the penis are equal (commonly noted). That is, the sides or one might say "wings", or even "fillets" (as they are two equal parts), of the penis are generally number, or often even completely numb (similar to the backside), than the middle length of the shaft (and obviously underside). And there is a spot on the middle line of the shaft shortly before the glans which tends to have the most sensitivity. This seems to be dependent on particular nerve distribution.
Moreover, as I already mentioned, sensitivity, if any, is mostly limited to the surface, whereas the core of the penis remains numb or noticeably anaesthesized. I know that real sensation encompasses the whole "mass" of the penis, or inside and out. Meaning, real or normal sensitivity would put nearly the whole thing "aglow" with feeling. This is lacking, as described (with the numb core), or very, very rare.
Yellow99

Re: Connection of insensitivity and partial supersensitivty? (Plus distributed sensitivity)

Unread post by Yellow99 »

I can say that I feel 100% the same as you described just with my clitoris.
enriqueiglesias

Re: Connection of insensitivity and partial supersensitivty? (Plus distributed sensitivity)

Interesting. However it still varies for me from time to time, as mentioned.
Regarding the "supersensitivity", which seems almost a non-sexual over-sensitivity, I think it might be related to dyskinesia-symptoms, which I also have. (Involuntary urge for mouth or finger movements sometimes, feeling like a "pressure" which one can relieve this way, rather than being completely unconscious.) It is also speculated to come from dopamine-supersensitivity as compensation from the body for lack of dopamine neurons or function... I believe I developed this after the main symptoms when I supplemented with L-Dopa (also the usual story of dyskinesia).
But sometimes this can be stabilized and feels closer to normal.
jjr81

Unread post by jjr81 »

I have the same thing.
enriqueiglesias

Good to know, I would certainly assume different distribution of sensitivity (be it between penis and scrotum or in another way between female areas) to be a relatively common phenomenon. If not the other stuff (which is also similar to premature ejaculation, I suppose).