People who tried SSRI reinstatement, your input is needed

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
rk1234

Re: People who tried SSRI reinstatement, your input is needed

Unread post by rk1234 »

I have never tried any serotegenics before reinstatement of the SSRI.

I initially took prozac and I reinstated it at a dose of 1 to 2 mg.

I found that each of the doses made my libido much worse and also brought about erectile dysfunction issues that I didn't have previously.
Truskawa

Unread post by Truskawa »

I noticed something weird. I'm currently during my second SSRI reinstatement since I got PSSD, this time trying it with 50mg sertraline, which has given me PSSD in the first place. Before my current regimen, a few months ago I tried venlafaxine.
So the thing is both seem to give me a window of cure at the very beginning. Let's say from day 3 to day 6 I experience like 75% relief. Then the effect wears off in the next few days. This is a shame because if it remained this way I would be luckiest person in the world.
I have no idea what is the mechanism behind this effect. Maybe I could increase the intake to 100mg like every third day to prevent tolerance? What do you guys think? Any other possible way?
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I had to go back on Antidepressants in May. My depression was hitting really hard. I did a DNA panel and it said that I would respond well to zoloft. My Doctor started me on 25mg and I started feeling better within a few day, I also started getting nocturnal erections and morning wood, I could also have sex. Although the sex wasn't what it was like before PSSD.

After 4 weeks we upped the dosage to 50mg. My Depression and anxiety are pretty much gone but also my ability to climax as well. I could still get erections and have sex but could not finish. I joked with my gf that it's a blessing and a curse.

I decided at the beginning of October that I would reduce the dose to 25mg again. Within a few weeks I was able to climax again, however I could feel my depression and anxiety coming back and life feeling really dark again. So at the beginning of November I increased dose back to 50mg. Back to feeling better but have a very hard time climaxing. Once in 2 weeks and it took a lot to get there.

What I might try doing next is backing the dose to 25mg again and then add 10mg till a find the best dose that works for me as I feel 25mg is not enough and 50mg is too much.
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

GIXXER wrote:I had to go back on Antidepressants in May. My depression was hitting really hard. I did a DNA panel and it said that I would respond well to zoloft. My Doctor started me on 25mg and I started feeling better within a few day, I also started getting nocturnal erections and morning wood, I could also have sex. Although the sex wasn't what it was like before PSSD.

After 4 weeks we upped the dosage to 50mg. My Depression and anxiety are pretty much gone but also my ability to climax as well. I could still get erections and have sex but could not finish. I joked with my gf that it's a blessing and a curse.

I decided at the beginning of October that I would reduce the dose to 25mg again. Within a few weeks I was able to climax again, however I could feel my depression and anxiety coming back and life feeling really dark again. So at the beginning of November I increased dose back to 50mg. Back to feeling better but have a very hard time climaxing. Once in 2 weeks and it took a lot to get there.

What I might try doing next is backing the dose to 25mg again and then add 10mg till a find the best dose that works for me as I feel 25mg is not enough and 50mg is too much.
Thanks for this GIXXER - very interesting. This is another instance of sertraline benefiting a PSSD sufferer, another being Ghosts friend that saw an eventual complete remission when he took it. Given I didn't notice much in terms of side effects from sertraline, and got PSSD from fluoxetine, the idea of playing with sertraline is somewhat tempting to me, as afraid as I am to touch an SSRI again.
clong4324

Unread post by clong4324 »

I had posted elsewhere I believe, but also experienced complete long term reversal with re-instating a different SSRI. Even after withrdrawing, it remained 100%. It was a switch to Wellbutrin which re-instated the PSSD.
Short story:
* Age 17, April 1998 prozac for like 8 weeks, entry level dose, at about 4-6 weeks immediate overnight severe PSSD. Docs of course all said "all in my head/mental" especially back then.
*Immediately stopped drug. No return of normalcy.
*About 6 months later, started zoloft, I think 50mg, within a couple of months 100% normalcy, full functioning, drive, normal semen levels etc. This all remained for 2.5 years.
*Quit zoloft due to emotional blunting, for 4 months. Normal functioning remained intact.
*Resumed zoloft only to cure the withdrawal and depression from being off it (which I'd never experienced previously; prior diagnosis was OCD)
*100% normalcy remained
*quit zoloft again, for all same reasons--normalcy remained. All of the above occurred during college, plenty of action with plenty of women.
*As with the first attempt to quit, fell into the blackest, unnatural depression, again, still normal sexual functioning. Doc recomended Wellbutrin.
* Within about 4-6 weeks of wellbutrin, overnight light switch-like PSSD symptoms; numbness; genital shrinkage; complete inability to achieve full erection.
I've made significant strides since then, due to no-fap, supplements, alcohol (helped for a good couple of years but no longer seems to at all); and fasting; also adderrall helps but can all too easily tip the scales back to pssd like symptoms. But still nowhere near 100% consistently, only in fleeting windows which, despite keeping a spreadsheet of everything I have eaten or consumed every day for the past 4 years, I still cannot discern or detect any governing patterns at all. Just seems like random windows of normalcy.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

That’s interesting. I have had full windows of normalcy as well but the Main one I had was after trying wellebutrin. I got pssd from viibryd and at the time had been like that for almost a year. I decided to try wellebutrin per my dr and didn’t notice a huge difference after a little over a month. I tapered off and noticed upon tapering to every other day I had full return of libido, sensation, everything. After completely getting off of it I was better for around a month then it returned. I’ve considered giving it a try again..
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

hey people i've seen some remarks on homeopathy from trusting sources that the strength of treatment is colinear with decreasing doses, that is the more diluted(in water) the med is the more potent against it's "poisonness"

so i'm wondering if anyone tried this approach? like decreasing the dose even to micrograms? seems that in worst case it'd be less harmful

Thanks.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 am hey people i've seen some remarks on homeopathy from trusting sources that the strength of treatment is colinear with decreasing doses, that is the more diluted(in water) the med is the more potent against it's "poisonness"

so i'm wondering if anyone tried this approach? like decreasing the dose even to micrograms? seems that in worst case it'd be less harmful

Thanks.
can you explain this more? this what I have currently been experimenting with.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

sovietxrobot wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 am
PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 am hey people i've seen some remarks on homeopathy from trusting sources that the strength of treatment is colinear with decreasing doses, that is the more diluted(in water) the med is the more potent against it's "poisonness"

Thanks.
it's somehow esoteric/alchemical source but those are notorious for making allusions with deeper meaning, idk how to explain but to paraphrase Paracelsus: the dose makes the poison

this homeopathy bit in articular seems to be the relationship with the water molecules acting as an amplifier, so the chemical has to be in a right ratio to "ämplify" the result

may i ask you how low you've gone??
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:25 am
sovietxrobot wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 am

Thanks.
it's somehow esoteric/alchemical source but those are notorious for making allusions with deeper meaning, idk how to explain but to paraphrase Paracelsus: the dose makes the poison

this homeopathy bit in articular seems to be the relationship with the water molecules acting as an amplifier, so the chemical has to be in a right ratio to "ämplify" the result

may i ask you how low you've gone??
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. I have observed that starting at a high dose of a certain medications and then doing a very slow taper down provides benefits above of beyond the initial dose.