How a single dose of antidepressants can trigger PSSD: a hypothesis

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Meso

How a single dose of antidepressants can trigger PSSD: a hypothesis

Unread post by Meso »

Post migrated to:
https://www.theresearchzone.com/post/ho ... hypothesis

Thanks for understanding
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Timm Thaler

Re: How a single dose of antidepressants can trigger PSSD: a hypothesis

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Brilliant, this is brilliant!!!
I was always stunned by the similarities between trauma and PSSD.
This makes so much sense!
Thanks so much for all your great work, Meso!
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Great work.

Why people with PTSD do not have skin numbness?

Just want to add some details:
As we know SSRI act like SBSS and alter x30 fold 3a-HSD enzyme 30 min after ingestion, this means abrupt decline of DHT, Allopreganolone, and more.
As i know, iGluRs and mGluRs are directly reculated by androgens.

http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/c ... 23/14/3973
GRM1 is An Androgen-Regulated Gene and its Expression Correlates with Prostate Cancer Progression in Pre-Clinical Models
We found that GRM1 transcript and tissue expression directly correlated with growth and AR and PSA expression in hormone-sensitive (HS), castrated, and CR tumor xenografts. GRM1 overexpression or silencing directly correlated with PCa cell proliferation, migration, and invasion. DHT increased GRM1 expression via an AR-dependent manner in HS- and CR-PCa cell lines.
This is a first report of GRM1 as an androgen and AR-target gene. GRM1 expression directly correlated with tumor growth, regression, and recurrence and may contribute to CR-progression of PCa in preclinical models.

Don't get me wrong, i do not try to support a certain theory, i just want to help, but for sake of god, wherever I look, i find strong androgen connection.
We have so similar symptoms with PAS/PFS/SP suffers that there is for sure at some point a clear connection.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

I've developed something like PTSD to sleep, or to the fear of not being able to sleep and having to work the next day. When it was close to sleep time or I was close to my bedroom I started experiencing hot flashes and severe anxiety and obsessive thoughts. It was so severe that it was totally taking over my life in the end. Only benzos helped, sometimes I had to combine them with zolpidem.
It was very hard to believe but only a few pills of mirtazapine was able to completely erase this obsession. Also including general anxiety, OCD, my emotions and sexual function.

What you say totally makes sense regarding my experience.

EDIT:
Does it make sense that if you're already in an overexcited high glutamate state, hence currently having bad anxiety attack episodes, that it also raises your chances to develop long-term or permanent issues when taking different brain altering drugs/medications?

Also the question arise, what are these LTP/LTD changes exactly? Which brain circuits are being altered and how that have such kind of negative effects on sexuality?
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

Interesting that you mention HPPD because that's also a condition that I have. Not sure what caused it though, HPPD suggests it was caused by a drug which it could have been - but it also come on gradually. so it might have been stress/migraines which also could have been brought on by my meds lol its complicated. But basically i do think i have this condition or a very similar one called Visual Snow. Benzos do kind of help me a bit with this, but ive heard from many people on different forums with these conditions that they do help many people.

another interesting thing about cortisol for me is, since coming off sertraline cold turkey i've been in this state of constantly feeling stressed which is very difficult to overcome. This gets worse when im sleep deprived. I've highly sensitive to any stress now and my muscles are usually tense. Basically i find it very difficult to relax but meditation has helped me do this recently. This feels very chemical though, which is why i think it was brought on by sertraline. I could be on the beach and everything in my life would be fine yet i wouldn't feel relaxed/at peace i'd still have that underlying stress feeling and i'd still be irritable.

Edit: omg i've have the same thing taarn about sleep... meditation and sleeping pills have helped and not working a job where i have to get up in the morning
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
mxh

Unread post by mxh »

Removed.
Last edited by mxh on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

iull1k wrote: Why people with PTSD do not have skin numbness?
Yes, that is a very good question indeed...
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

Timm Thaler wrote:
The post is not about the root causes of sexual dysfunction, it’s about the mechanism that lets AD meds cause long lasting changes almost instantly, after ingesting only just a few pills.

The changes that are mediated through this mechanism are still an open question.
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

Timm Thaler wrote:
Because obviously their androgens receptors are not starving from DHT signaling wich probably lead also to our well known skin numbness.
PSSD,PFS,PAS..etc they are all form of iatrogenic insensitivity to androgens the day more people on this board understand this the more we can make step forward.
To pathei mathos
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

https://www.nature.com/articles/npp20094

Glutamate important in Citalopram sexual dysfunction
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536