Why would/might low dose SSRI help PSSD?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Ciprofloxacin

Re: Why would/might low dose SSRI help PSSD?

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

Blueturtle, SSRIs lower allopregnanolone levels in the long term.

This had been discussed on the forum before.
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

Ciprofloxacin wrote:Blueturtle, SSRIs lower allopregnanolone levels in the long term.

This had been discussed on the forum before.
Really?

Hmm... Sounds like they make things worse in the long run, the allopregnenalone raise has been suggested to be part of the efficacy of antidepressants... they really do make things worse in the long run :(
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

Dryed wrote:Forget about serotonin ,ssri inhibits 3β-HSD at the same extent finasteride inhibits 5-alpha reductase both are key enzymes ,it's all about endocrine destruction...
So a temporary inhibitions lead to a temporary remission of our symptomatology
what if someone inhibited 3a-hsd with medroxyprogesterone? that would leave more substrate for 5ar, 3bhsd and cause them upregulating
ac2022

Unread post by ac2022 »

Meso wrote:I don't know why it helps.

My theory is if PSSD is a form of permanent or a protracted SRI withdrawal syndrome, then a low dose would stop the withdrawal state.

I've talked to people suffering from a semi-permanent, protracted DAWS (dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome) whom a very low dose of Pramipexole helped stop the severe intolerable withdrawal. Doses as low as 0.0125 mg.

I'm not sure.
Sounds good. I want to believe. :-)
Sertraline for 5 years. During Sertraline, I experienced mild sexual disfunctions. 1 month after withdrawal, my libido was 0% with severe erection problems.