Orgasms' pleasure intensity (while on SRIs)

Polls.

How did SRIs affect your orgasmic intensity when you were on them?

SRIs made my orgasmic intensity worse; non-pleasurable orgasms.
67%
They had no effect on my orgasmic intensity.
10%
SRIs made my orgasms much more intense; higher than normal.
24%

Total votes: 21
Meso

Orgasms' pleasure intensity (while on SRIs)

Unread post by Meso »

One of the most elusive symptoms of PSSD is weak orgasmic intensity or completely pleasureless orgasms. Orgasmic intensity is mediated through oxytocin release coupled with an endorphin rush in the presence of a healthy glutamate and dopamine release. What's puzzling is that neither of the aforementioned neurotransmitters have made people better. Even intranasal oxytocin is useless.

That said, I think serotonin is needed for orgasmic intensity. I remember that while I was on Clomipramine + Venlafaxine, they gave me anorgasmia but if I work hard and manage to reach an orgasm it was pretty much mind-shattering rush of pleasure; way more pleasurable than normal.

My question here is, how did SRIs affect your orgasmic intensity when you were on them?
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Frog

Re: Orgasms' pleasure intensity (while on SRIs)

Unread post by Frog »

For the month that I was in Sertraline, I couldn’t orgasm at all
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Worse for sure for me. Although buspirone didnt help my pssd much, it did make my orgasm better interestingly
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Frog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:58 pm For the month that I was in Sertraline, I couldn’t orgasm at all
The same result of Sertraline on me while taking it. And after discontinuation still pleasureless and muted.
Jaxx wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:11 pm Worse for sure for me. Although buspirone didnt help my pssd much, it did make my orgasm better interestingly
Even if I was taking Welbutrin after sertraline discontinuation, orgasms were pure shit.
I have also a similar experience with buspirone-related orgasms.
This drug was the only stuff that gave me back a decent one, it was very dose-dependent and timing-dependent, sometimes the result was mindblowing and stronger than before taking sertraline.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

SRIs made my orgasms much more intense; higher than normal.

but… delayed (dose dependent delay intensity) and sometimes more difficult. But when archived are more intense.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

I had a small period of highly increased orgasm intensity a few months into pssd (from 5htp).

About oxytocin, some rumor appeared on reddit about L.Reuteri.
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

My orgasms are as intense as before, but I did notice recently the "tail" of orgasm sometimes has a small second wave. I also found pushing down on my diaphragm during orgasm intensifies and prolongs the experience... I don't know if everyone does this anyway, but it took me a long time to discover this... I've never seen it referred to.

Sorry, just read the title of the post properly. The above is my experience 4.5 years after last AD.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Twentyoneguns wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:57 am My orgasms are as intense as before, but I did notice recently the "tail" of orgasm sometimes has a small second wave. I also found pushing down on my diaphragm during orgasm intensifies and prolongs the experience... I don't know if everyone does this anyway, but it took me a long time to discover this... I've never seen it referred to.

Sorry, just read the title of the post properly. The above is my experience 4.5 years after last AD.
What made you push your diaphragm during an orgasm? How does it make it better?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

What made you push your diaphragm during an orgasm? How does it make it better?

I really don't know! Once the orgasm has started I just hold my breath and tense my stomach muscles and push down, the effect intensifies and prolongs the the power of the orgasm immensely.... pumping the push once the orgasm has started helps too. I do worry I might burst a blood vessel, but seemingly no negetive effects. Try at your own risk.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Are you pushing almost like how you would to forcefully urinate? If so, this is a "reverse kegel". Basically you are forcing your pelvic floor to relax.