Which thread would help the PSSD community more?

Polls.

Which thread would help the PSSD community more?

Mesolimbo's PSSD Fallout Shelter (Ask Mesolimbo)
20%
Focus on "The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively."
80%

Total votes: 25
Ghost

Re: Which thread would help the PSSD community more?

Unread post by Ghost »

Thanks for aidong with your pharmacology knowledge!

There was another pharmacist back in 2010/11 who cured himself with inositol.

This is one of my favorite areas of interest, once I finish medical school applications this spring I would love to read over your stuff and try to put it to practice.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ciprofloxacin

Unread post by Ciprofloxacin »

I'm so happy to seeing that someone who has medical knowledge is contributing to the forum. Your approach to the solving the pssd is exactly same as I wished to be.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

I think what would be best is for you to continue to lay out your theories so others in the community can debate/investigate them, as well as practical solutions people can try so we can get more real world data. Your efforts are much appreciated!
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Ghost wrote:Thanks for aidong with your pharmacology knowledge!

This is one of my favorite areas of interest, once I finish medical school applications this spring I would love to read over your stuff and try to put it to practice.
I've come to a similar conclusion regarding inositol. It's the single most hopeful agent that can actually "reverse/cure" PSSD. But I think one needs to lower serotonin simultaneously. I wrote this just yesterday:
Mesolimbo wrote:People that try to lower serotonin feel worse off because chronically elevated serotonin would downregulate many receptors responsible for glutamate modulation, and when you lower serotonin, those receptors become even less active, causing too much glutamate inhibition. GABA dysregulation is neuroinflammatory, causing glial activation and this makes you feel even worse.

Some serotonin receptors wouldn't upregulate once you lower serotonin. Serotonin receptor subtypes behave paradoxically in regards to agonism and antagonism mediated regulatory adaptation. I've addressed this in another thread.

I think a "cure" would be lowering serotonin as well as taking 18g of inositol to upregulate serotonin receptors more rapidly. It will feel like shit, though, and could cause intense dysphoria, but someone has to bite the bullet and wait it out until serotonergic receptors upregulate and the glutamate system would come online.

A "real" cure would be addressing SERT upregulation/activation + 18g inositol. Berberine comes close, but sadly it's a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, so there's a risk of something akin to post finasteride syndrome (PFS).
But this is not the right thread to discuss this. Best of luck with your application!
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

This is great, thanks for all of your valuable work!
AnonymousHelper

Unread post by AnonymousHelper »

Ghost wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:19 am Thanks for aidong with your pharmacology knowledge!

Did you end up going to medschool?
AnonymousHelper

Unread post by AnonymousHelper »

Meso wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 pm
Mesolimbo wrote:
A "real" cure would be addressing SERT upregulation/activation
+ 18g inositol. Berberine comes close, but sadly it's a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, so there's a risk of something akin to post finasteride syndrome (PFS).
But this is not the right thread to discuss this. Best of luck with your application!
[/quote]
does that offer any insight?
https://pubmed-ncbi-nlm-nih-gov.proxy.c ... /11207425/