PSSD knowledge

Polls.

Did you know about PSSD before quitting SSRIs?

Not at all, I discovered PSSD after quitting, while searching for my symptoms
64%
A bit, I knew withdrawal could go wrong but not that much
27%
Yes, I was aware of PSSD before quitting
9%

Total votes: 11
Thomas

PSSD knowledge

Unread post by Thomas »

I find it interesting to assess PSSD knowledge.
Please do not hesitate to post your comments.
Myself : I knew about withdrawal symptoms but thought they last only few weeks (which is usually the case).
Last edited by Thomas on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: low libido | sexual numbness | insomnia
Kk88

Re: PSSD knowledge

Unread post by Kk88 »

No idea at all. I think it's important people add to this with when they took meds, given the labels (european) can now warn of sexual dysfunction after discontinuation.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Absolutely no clue. Was on them for a good year or 2 before I realised. Doctor said I had an enlarged prostate so I thought it was that causing the numbness, couldn’t think of anything else. Had no idea a tablet could cause this shit 😡 maybe I’d be less numb if I’d known back then what it was
Kiliantkt

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

I only knew about PSSD when I first tapered. Went from 30-45min (during 9 years) duration to literally 1-2min from a day to another. Checked the symptoms and saw PSSD. Increased my dose again to initial, duration was better bur far from what it was before (10min vs 30-45min). Kept the dose 2 years until tapering off during a 40 day juice fast and thought I would only get this symptom remaining and was ready to face it. But didn't expect anhedonia, blunted emotions, and the whole PSSD issues. NEVER.
Leb89

Unread post by Leb89 »

I knew about it. But I didn’t get it the first time so I thought I am immune.